Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by d1ner0

im not sure if you guys remember the release for the white laser iv on ndc a while back but if you do they should did the release like that for the yeezy. they had somekind of line system and your checkout was time to a certain time and there was a whole countdown. the white laser iv was easy cop and i think i still had dial up then. same thing how they did the 15s on the jumpman 23 website like that i dont know. what u guys think?? u think it would have worked or still crash??
Remember, this is a new day and age. Eminem IIs were alot more limited, but an easy cop for many. The XVs you mentioned did not sell out the first day IIRC, I dont know if they ever even sold out.

I really was disappointed by this release, but I am over it. NIKE needs to learn how to handle these releases or lose faithful customers. These hype customers are only here for the trend...

Originally Posted by RetroSneaks26

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

only rich clowns pay $2000 for nikes----

fixed

Rich? I say only a handful of the ones who paid outrageous reseller prices actually had the means to get these without dipping into credit cards or who knows what lengths they had to do to gain the funds to get these.

Honestly, i'd pay $450 MAX! And even that makes me feel sick thinking of paying that much for shoes, no matter what brand.

^^Def agree with that Im not one whos going to pay crazy reseller amounts if I missed out on a shoe. Maybe its the fact that im older and just have more important things to spend my 2gs on than some shoes. Dont get me wrong the shoes are sick but Im not putting up that kind of money to get em.

Originally Posted by cristianm

-I will say, after seen yeezy 2's in person and after being compared side by side with the 1st joints.
Have to admit the quality on this new yeezy's is not so great. A few of my friends received poor quality ones and have seen poor quality factors from other people around the net.
Such as...Glue parts were missing, too much glue added on some, suede looked like it was soaked on water and
canvas seem like a few peoples cats scratch them. Some glows didn't quite glow.
How many of you experience something like that?

Mine glow like beasts.  And don't blame anything on cats 
wink.gif

img3126f.jpg

Nike still saying my homies shoes havent left the warehouse but he already recieved a tracking number. Sounds like some fluke +%!% to me
He's looking to go thru any measures to get his shoes from Nike. Doesnt sound good at alllllllllll 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by thatguy

Now that the dust has (mostly) settled, a few thoughts. Take them for what you want...

1. To the general public with little interest in shoes - This release was primarily used by Nike in order to gain publicity from the mainstream media. While they may have gotten a little, just like with the Galaxy release, I think the bad they got in the public's eyes severely outweighed the good. IMO, the perception Nike is getting amongst the average shopper who pays attention to the media may be more negative than positive. I feel as though the average shopper may at this point be asking, "Why isn't Nike making more of these products?"

2. To TRUE sneakerheads - This release was made to be perhaps the most hyped shoe of all-time. Almost everyone that truly knows about sneakers and has been in the game for more than a few years understood the significance of this shoe and knew just how special it was. There didn't need to be a special press release to tell PROTO or any of the other big timers here that this was going to be one that we needed to pick up. Unfortunately, as we all know, this release was not about getting the shoes to those who really wanted them (us), it was a publicity stunt. In my opinion, Nike could have made 5x as many of these and still gotten the sold out in minutes effect, almost never see them on a dude's feet, only sold in boutiques, and not made them almost literally a crapshoot to get.
These were your strongest points. Most folks I've talked to have all said the same thing, Nike took a huge negative rep with this one. That is in addition to the fact that most of the shoes people want, they make enough shoes to satisfy an audience no bigger than a movie theater. The server issues, ugliness of their handily available shoes, and awful satisfaction rate have really damaged their brand. Some here will deny that and call people salty, but the people who have been here the whole time, the folks who know how things used to be, know what the deal is. Nike has become a garbage brand imo.

I completely agree.  Each release just gets worse and worse.  I get the hype and the publicity to sell some really limited sneakers, but c'mon Nike.  Please release more sneakers for those that actually want to rock kicks.  I could care less if something is limited or not, I'll rock retro Nikes all day if I like the model and the CW.  If the Yeezy 2s were a GR, I would still rock them because I think they're sick.  And if other cats had the same pair on, I wouldn't care, I know I'd be rockin' them better anyways. 
pimp.gif
 But to end my rant, yes Nike is horrible nowadays, and I wish something could be done, but cats will still keep buying them regardless of quality and release issues and Nike is still raking in that dough.  

I'm all for releasing more shoes. But Nike please don't start with this shoe...out if all the limited shoes I missed, It would suck if they released more when I was finally successfull lol. They should make the plats a gr tho.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i don't have my pairs yet so i can't really comment for sure, but hearing that they fit just like the latest Jordan 3 retro's, i ran with a 12.

i plan to leave them unstrapped and laced loose too, so that's also a factor.

if your Y1's are snug at all in that size 12 then i'd just go up to a 13 in these.
They fit like my cement 3's, but have more room in the toe box, yet hug the foot better even with the strap loose. They are definitely TTS, there is NO reason to go up a half size with either Yeezy 1 or 2. 
And I was telling my friends here too, hot damn, I have never seen a sole pop like this, crazy cool. 

Originally Posted by Inferno69

i don't have my pairs yet so i can't really comment for sure, but hearing that they fit just like the latest Jordan 3 retro's, i ran with a 12.

if your Y1's are snug at all in that size 12 then i'd just go up to a 13 in these.
They fit like my cement 3's, but have more room in the toe box, yet hug the foot better even with the strap loose. They are definitely TTS, there is NO reason to go up a half size with either Yeezy 1 or 2. 
And I was telling my friends here too, hot damn, I have never seen a sole pop like this, crazy cool. 
It's freaky when you come in from outside and they look like you stepped in some radioactive goop! The galaxy foams don't even glow like these things.

this is where I get confused on the sizing. My tts is an 11, cement 3s run a half size big on me (I have long narrow feet) so I run with a 10.5 and they fit perfect. 

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

this is where I get confused on the sizing. My tts is an 11, cement 3s run a half size big on me (I have long narrow feet) so I run with a 10.5 and they fit perfect. 

I've had to go half size down on most recent Js....I went half size down on these too because the Y1 ran bigger.  The Y2 is a bit snug but they work in the 1/2 size.  I would have been OK with my normal size in the Y2.  I think when in doubt get your true size if possible.

Was able to finally secure a pair of solars for retail from Juice in Hong Kong.

The more I see pics of the platinums, the more I like them. Will wait until the prices come down a bit.

Thanks Cement, Proto, et.al for the sizing recommendations.

Funny, I can wear sz 12 with the AJ 6's and 12-12.5 in the recent 3's so it's a close call.  I typically wear sz 12.5 and the Y1's in 12 fit just right to SLIGHTLY roomy in toebox.

I've got an inside line on both cw's for decent price so I'm gonna try to negotiate and roll the dice.

NT, despite 90%+ of the nonsense replies, good cats are still on here providing insights/knowledge.

peace

damn kanye made sure those suckers glowed hard!

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Villa just tweeted they're doing an Yeezy release party in Cleveland
pimp.gif

Wish me luck people
happy.gif
WISH ME LUCK AS WELL. WILL BE THERE.
pimp.gif

EDIT: I WAS WAITING TO SEE WHO WOULD POST IT IN HERE. JUST FOUND OUT ITS A RAFFLE. STILL GONNA ATTEND.

I coming up to support my Cleveland homies hosting Cleveland Got Sole on Sunday. So I will be there too.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by yungone350

Anyone else get silver lace tips? Ive seen a few shoes with gold and silver tips! Any info?

Silver tips came on my platinum pair. But gold tips came on the bag. I quickly put gold tips on my pair and the silver tips on the bag. 
wink.gif

Anyone else get silver lace tips? Ive seen a few shoes with gold and silver tips! Any info?
Both colorways come with two sets of laces with different lace tips. The Solars come with black and gold, and the Platinums come with silver and gold. 

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

Silver tips came on my platinum pair. But gold tips came on the bag. I quickly put gold tips on my pair and the silver tips on the bag. 
wink.gif
wow, I never even bothered to check the bag!  good looks

Solar Reds come with Black tip? What do those look like? Assume they were Matte (+@*) Silver like the Plats tips?

Are worn once Net Yeezy 1's and DS Concords both size 12 a good trade for some DS Solars in that same size?

All of my Y1's are an 11.5 and fit perfect.
I went with a size 12 on the Y2's and they're a bit snug.
Quality and comfort wise, the Y1 sxxts on the Y2.

They fit a tad smaller than the Y1's. I have an 8.5 in both. I wear an 8.5 in Air Jordan 1's. I wear a 9 in Frees or Air Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom