Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the folks in here sound like indie music hipsters " I liked sneakers before sneakers were cool man...now their mainstream....F$$$ that +#%"

This is how it is. If they are too pricey, wait. If you think the 1's are better than the 2's, don't buy them...and post in the 1's thread. If you hate the sneaker game...get out....

No matter how old everyone in here is, we sound like a bunch of old folks *****ing about politics.

Some of the folks in here sound like indie music hipsters " I liked sneakers before sneakers were cool man...now their mainstream....F$$$ that +#%"

This is how it is. If they are too pricey, wait. If you think the 1's are better than the 2's, don't buy them...and post in the 1's thread. If you hate the sneaker game...get out....

No matter how old everyone in here is, we sound like a bunch of old folks *****ing about politics.

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

Originally Posted by gtg305h

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Some people pay for attention .... spending $1500+ on kicks says i really need attention.

Truth.com....alot of these kats are nerds who always wanted to be the most popular kid in school and now they spending outrageous money to "look like somebody" in their own warped minds, when in actuality, all they are impressing are the NT hypebeasts...all the fly chics these dudes couldn't and still can't get don't care that you spent that much on a sneaker
roll.gif
 Like i said before, if i didn't get for MSRP, no way i would have had them for these ridiculous prices, same with the overhyped galaxy foams....

I just have to give my 2 cents...I'm kind of the bitter "old" shoe guy that doesn't like whats going on with shoes today, many of the younger heads disagree with me. That's ok, I've being buying shoes since '99 and I'll still be around a decade from now buying Jordans when people have moved onto other things...

Something is the matter with shoes when a rapper who make a fool of himself commands more money for his shoe that he has done NOTHING AMAZING IN compared to the man who made shoes popular with his amazing feats. Since when did wearing atheltic shoes made for a rapper become the thing to do over wearing athletic shoes made for an athlete? Not to mention the ugliness of the Yeezy 1 and 2. These shoes are bringing in more money than deadstock ORIGINAL Jordans that are the foundation for what sneakers are today. $2000 for a rapper's shoe? Yes, I couldn't agree more, attention is the reason people are buying these. It's sad that society judges others upon material possessions, but that's just how it is (Remember, you can't take them with you when you are six feet under). Nowadays it's easier than EVER to get ANY shoe you want because of the internet, so nothing is really rare or exclusive or hard to obtain because anybody with a credit card can buy anything they want online easily.

I won a raffle to get a pair when I went to the store raffling them to buy some Goadomes for work. All you had to do was buy an item in order to get a ticket, and my ticket was picked luckily. I didn't even look at the shoes other than to take pics to sell them. I sold them that night for a hair under $2K. You can call me a hypocrite or whatever, but if anyone is dumb enough to spend that much money on a pair of shoes with NO significance that are built strictly on hype, I'll sell them to that buyer everyday.

END rant

ya know what's funnier to me than the bandwagon jumpers who just wanna be in the most hype shoe this year?

cats like you who just ASSume that because you think the shoe is ugly, you think your opinion is a fact, and nobody actually buying these really actually likes them.

i haven't liked a single jordan brand design since the 14's (what's that, 14 years ago now?)... but i GENUINELY LOVE the look of the air yeezy 1 and 2.

jordan was a major influence on me growing up. i collected his shoes, clothes, watched his games, etc., etc. but not every shoe i've bought has something to do with the man behind it or not, most of the time it's strictly about if i like how the shoe looks or not (hence, why i haven't bought every jordan ever released).

athlete, artist, whatever, for me that has nothing to do with me wearing this shoe. in fact, it kinda sucks that they're this limited and designed by such a influential figure as kanye west, cuz it makes it harder for me to simply cop and wear a pair of shoes i love the look of (that's why i was always kinda glad a majority of people didn't like sb mids with the strap, cuz i love them, i love straps on shoes when done right, and it was generally always easy for me to cop those).

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

I don't even care that their Kanye's shoes.  They could be called the Air Doo Doo and I'd still cop them 
sick.gif
roll.gif
.  I can see why you're so outraged at the prices, because you think they're ugly so there's no way you'd spend $ on em. That is interesting though that some people are buying it because it's by a music artist. Nevertheless, he is a fashion infused individual with some creative tastes so, in a sense, and people are purchasing his artwork, not just some "sneakers."  He did design and market them! Although he may not have accomplished major feats in them, e.g. Jordan 3 88' Dunk Contest, he created it, which is a remarkable feat in itself.  He perfected and capitalized on an art that was tarnished by every other "music artist" that went that path, e.g. 50 Cent, even his boy camel, Jay Z, who all failed with their sneaker venture. You're entitled to think they're wack, but you got to recognize that it's a work of art by a fashion icon, to some people, not just another pair of sneakers. It's like people buying a exclusive item from their favorite designer.  

this.

you gotta respect him for not only being the first (with nike) and most successful musical artist to design and sell a shoe, but it ended up being the most hyped up sneaker release of all time.

Some people pay for attention .... spending $1500+ on kicks says i really need attention.

Truth.com....alot of these kats are nerds who always wanted to be the most popular kid in school and now they spending outrageous money to "look like somebody" in their own warped minds, when in actuality, all they are impressing are the NT hypebeasts...all the fly chics these dudes couldn't and still can't get don't care that you spent that much on a sneaker
roll.gif
 Like i said before, if i didn't get for MSRP, no way i would have had them for these ridiculous prices, same with the overhyped galaxy foams....

I just have to give my 2 cents...I'm kind of the bitter "old" shoe guy that doesn't like whats going on with shoes today, many of the younger heads disagree with me. That's ok, I've being buying shoes since '99 and I'll still be around a decade from now buying Jordans when people have moved onto other things...

Something is the matter with shoes when a rapper who make a fool of himself commands more money for his shoe that he has done NOTHING AMAZING IN compared to the man who made shoes popular with his amazing feats. Since when did wearing atheltic shoes made for a rapper become the thing to do over wearing athletic shoes made for an athlete? Not to mention the ugliness of the Yeezy 1 and 2. These shoes are bringing in more money than deadstock ORIGINAL Jordans that are the foundation for what sneakers are today. $2000 for a rapper's shoe? Yes, I couldn't agree more, attention is the reason people are buying these. It's sad that society judges others upon material possessions, but that's just how it is (Remember, you can't take them with you when you are six feet under). Nowadays it's easier than EVER to get ANY shoe you want because of the internet, so nothing is really rare or exclusive or hard to obtain because anybody with a credit card can buy anything they want online easily.

I won a raffle to get a pair when I went to the store raffling them to buy some Goadomes for work. All you had to do was buy an item in order to get a ticket, and my ticket was picked luckily. I didn't even look at the shoes other than to take pics to sell them. I sold them that night for a hair under $2K. You can call me a hypocrite or whatever, but if anyone is dumb enough to spend that much money on a pair of shoes with NO significance that are built strictly on hype, I'll sell them to that buyer everyday.

END rant

ya know what's funnier to me than the bandwagon jumpers who just wanna be in the most hype shoe this year?

cats like you who just ASSume that because you think the shoe is ugly, you think your opinion is a fact, and nobody actually buying these really actually likes them.

i haven't liked a single jordan brand design since the 14's (what's that, 14 years ago now?)... but i GENUINELY LOVE the look of the air yeezy 1 and 2.

jordan was a major influence on me growing up. i collected his shoes, clothes, watched his games, etc., etc. but not every shoe i've bought has something to do with the man behind it or not, most of the time it's strictly about if i like how the shoe looks or not (hence, why i haven't bought every jordan ever released).

athlete, artist, whatever, for me that has nothing to do with me wearing this shoe. in fact, it kinda sucks that they're this limited and designed by such a influential figure as kanye west, cuz it makes it harder for me to simply cop and wear a pair of shoes i love the look of (that's why i was always kinda glad a majority of people didn't like sb mids with the strap, cuz i love them, i love straps on shoes when done right, and it was generally always easy for me to cop those).

I don't even care that their Kanye's shoes.  They could be called the Air Doo Doo and I'd still cop them 
sick.gif
roll.gif
.  I can see why you're so outraged at the prices, because you think they're ugly so there's no way you'd spend $ on em. That is interesting though that some people are buying it because it's by a music artist. Nevertheless, he is a fashion infused individual with some creative tastes so, in a sense, and people are purchasing his artwork, not just some "sneakers."  He did design and market them! Although he may not have accomplished major feats in them, e.g. Jordan 3 88' Dunk Contest, he created it, which is a remarkable feat in itself.  He perfected and capitalized on an art that was tarnished by every other "music artist" that went that path, e.g. 50 Cent, even his boy camel, Jay Z, who all failed with their sneaker venture. You're entitled to think they're wack, but you got to recognize that it's a work of art by a fashion icon, to some people, not just another pair of sneakers. It's like people buying a exclusive item from their favorite designer.  

this.

you gotta respect him for not only being the first (with nike) and most successful musical artist to design and sell a shoe, but it ended up being the most hyped up sneaker release of all time.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

roll.gif

END rant

sick.gif
roll.gif

this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom