Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So possession of a Yeezy shoe has boiled down to signifying a person that has devoted their life to caring about what others see them wearing OR an individual with no meaningful employment. Interesting!

I tried oh so hard no to share my opinion in this thread but I couldn't resist. The last 10 pages are PRECISELY why the Air Yeezy shoe is the single most justifiably hated product on earth while generating an incredible amount of demand at the same time.

It's the prototypical hipster sneaker. Product slogan should literally be "You Mad Bro?!" printed on every box!

Everyone is different. I dislike the Air Yeezy 1, but I have a pair of solars. A lot of people don't even know I have a pair, unless they see me with them on or on IG(if I take a pick of them)

I come back after a few days and 1000+ posts with mostly nothing but arguments and Geno Smith's fakes. -_-

Anyway, I emailed feng (the first guy to post what looks to be authentics) asking for a buying price, and he said $4900USD. I lol'd.

Last edited:
For everyone asking the Kanye x Nike "What's holding it back?" type of question, think of it this way.

At the end of the day, Nike is and will always be about the performance, at least in terms of how it markets its products to the consumer. Every few years, when they introduce new technology, it's not strictly for aesthetic purposes. Nike, let's give them some credit regardless of how you feel about the Swoosh, is trying to give you the most advanced sportswear available (at least give you that impression).

That being said, Kanye's shoes have ALWAYS released when he's touring. While that might seem like simply just "convenient//smart marketing", I'd be willing to bet that has a huge role in when and if the sneakers are released. Nike has made it a point for both shoes to stress from their end that the Yeezy 1 and Yeezy 2 were "the ultimate performance sneakers for the ultimate performer"... or something to that extent.

They're not gonna let Kanye have a capsule unless he's "active" and Ye made it pretty clear recently that he's focused on this agenda first, music and everything else secondary. I cannot ever see Nike allowing Kanye to have his own "line" without him being actively touring.

Now, if he weren't so God-like, maybe Kanye would have done something smart... like allowed NSW to do all of his tour wardrobe (say what you want, I like MMM as much as the next guy, but NSW would have killed it) then maybe they'd be more open to working with him long term as a partner.

Kanye's got to face it. Nike > Kanye... and it's not even a close race.

I won't be surprised if he takes the Adidas deal. They'd give him free reign to do WHATEVER.

Kanye will never bring in half the money Nike makes on LeBron James alone and they know that, too. That's why they're not really sweating this. At all.

Lots of things and ideas are a lot easier typed out and said. I'll say that

I come back after a few days and 1000+ posts with mostly nothing but arguments and Geno Smith's fakes. -_-

Anyway, I emailed feng (the first guy to post what looks to be authentics) asking for a buying price, and he said $4900USD. I lol'd.

Hovi on BX??

expect nyc mom and pop stores who have sportswear accounts to ask for anywhere between $1200.00 to $1600.00 a pair unless they follow nike's box price and i doubt very few if any will

i was told a store in the bronx might ask for more then $1600.00

Last edited:
expect nyc mom and pop stores who have sportswear accounts to ask for anywhere between $1200.00 to $1600.00 a pair unless they follow nike's box price and i doubt very few if any will

i even was told a store in the bronx might ask for more then $1600.00
I'd pay those prices, these sneakers will go for more than that

i even was told a store in the bronx might ask for more then $1600.00
If you have a few spots, I'll pay that for a few pairs. 

Blink yeezy 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Own a pair of solars and I say this all the time. I like the solars a lot but initially I wanted the RO's to trade for a DS pair of solars but now I'm thinking about trading for blinks with maybe $400 on top....all wishful thinking though. I know I have a better chance of winning the lotto then getting RO's for retail

So possession of a Yeezy shoe has boiled down to signifying a person that has devoted their life to caring about what others see them wearing OR an individual with no meaningful employment. Interesting!

I tried oh so hard no to share my opinion in this thread but I couldn't resist. The last 10 pages are PRECISELY why the Air Yeezy shoe is the single most justifiably hated product on earth while generating an incredible amount of demand at the same time.

It's the prototypical hipster sneaker. Product slogan should literally be "You Mad Bro?!" printed on every box!

Yup. It'll go down in history just as you described. Not made at anybody tho, I've enjoyed this thread dearly lol

Ok, my bad for quoting that long-winded timeline.

Let's see what happens if at sell in the next couple days. Nike/accounts won't release info til 2-3 days before drop anyways.

Atmos is deff not doing what they did last year lol. That was the best release plan i think.
I see you neil 
nerd.gif

what did they do?
At a random time they announced a location where they would take a list and give out wristbands. The only thing is its in Harlem, so there were people at JJ and house of hoops "lined up" plus others just lurking . As soon as they sent out the tweet chaos ensued. Hundreds of people galloping towards the location. By the time i got there tickets were gone but the employee was still there and goons were also there so they tried to strong arm him. Long story short cops were called, allegedly people were hit by ars and ATMOS had to shut down for the day because there were a gang of people turning it up in front of their store. 

I see you neil :nerd:
At a random time they announced a location where they would take a list and give out wristbands. The only thing is its in Harlem, so there were people at JJ and house of hoops "lined up" plus others just lurking . As soon as they sent out the tweet chaos ensued. Hundreds of people galloping towards the location. By the time i got there tickets were gone but the employee was still there and goons were also there so they tried to strong arm him. Long story short cops were called, allegedly people were hit by ars and ATMOS had to shut down for the day because there were a gang of people turning it up in front of their store. 
Lmao terrible idea by them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom