Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Really this has less material/cheaper than before and they want more for it
sick.gif

^^ Exactly!! That's the type of **** Nike's doing now, giving us less for more. There's no reason these should be $130.

What about the Lebron IX elite?
Less padding, less cushion, larger fit, cheaper feel, 0 ankle protection for being a high top, paint that just falls off the swoosh, CF plate that becomes unglued and stick out over time, laces that stain the upper material, no Kevlar laces on some models even though they're advertised to, mesh on the upper ankle part that rips............. Higher price tag........ Sign me up!........... :smh:

Last edited:
Less padding, less cushion, larger fit, cheaper feel, 0 ankle protection for being a high top, paint that just falls off the swoosh, CF plate that becomes unglued and stick out over time, laces that stain the upper material, no Kevlar laces on some models even though they're advertised to, mesh on the upper ankle part that rips............. Higher price tag........ Sign me up!........... :smh:

Damn!!!

What makes them better hooping.......nothing. There's no elite shoe thats a better hooping shoe than it's original version. And with that being said, most elites are trash visually and overpriced.
I know they arent any better but some people forget that these shoes are for HOOPING.

so i was in the knicks foam thread and came across this 

feel that, whenever they drop, i'll grab em

and they were showing the grey/blue ones, army camos (dont know if pros or ones), and a tan and pink KD pair w/ the doppler like on the weathermans  
smokin.gif

maybe more, but this is all i was told about

Weatherman 2.0s??

They have better cushioning with cushlon instead of phylon in the midsole. I assume ankle protection means getting kicked or hit, which this does lack in protection. The swoosh chipping annoyed me, especially after only a few times playing, but it doesn't affect how they perform. The carbon fiber was definitely nice, but if it falls off (luckily mine hasn't yet), then that is useless after awhile. For performance, it doesn't matter if the laces stain the upper. Regardless of whether they're better or worse, overall I guess one-roe is right that most (if not all) are a letdown.

As for the KD VIs, I could see myself liking some colorways. As for the price, 130 is too high for what's visible here. I'm hoping there's at least better zoom air in the forefoot or maybe a lunarlon insole like in the Kobe 8's. Unfortunately, it'll probably still be the smaller zoom bag and phylon cushioning, but for a higher price. Interested to see how these look with new colorways at least.

Looks like the KD line will never be as great again as the 4's were smh [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Last edited:
These will be slept on all year, doesn't matter if one hot colorway drops, I rather a shoe with consistency and looks great in most colorways or all around, which quite frankly these don't in my books. No hate, it's a forum and everything is opinion based

For lowtops, onto the Kobe 9s hopefully :lol:

Looks like the KD line will never be as great again as the 4's were smh [emoji]128532[/emoji]
Already waiting on the 7...
i hate to say this but looking at the trend of the KD line after the 4's, i'm not sure if it's even worth the wait anymore. especially with the rising price tag.

you know the design of the sneaker isn't that great when it relies on special colorways and such to be appealing.

with that said, i would be on the lookout for more colorways, but i'm doubtful that i'll be picking up a pair of KD's in the next year.

Speaks the truth.....

These will be slept on all year, doesn't matter if one hot colorway drops, I rather a shoe with consistency and looks great in most colorways or all around, which quite frankly these don't in my books. No hate, it's a forum and everything is opinion based

For lowtops, onto the Kobe 9s hopefully
laugh.gif
Just said this, it's weak we live an era where colorways can sell junk designs.  I expect Nike to pull out big tricks/gimmicks to sell these.

I love the look of the KD VI and I'm glad they shutting down the KD V early :lol:... Hated that shoe.

The VI is real Euro w/ the soccer look which aesthetically is a win IMO... Performance wise idk how the soccer/low to the ground design would hold up on the basketball court (mainly the knees/forefoot). Soccer players do just as cutting and lateral moving (if not more) as basketball guys but the jumping and landing in this shoe is a concern for me

I love the look of the KD VI and I'm glad they shutting down the KD V early
laugh.gif
... Hated that shoe.

The VI is real Euro w/ the soccer look which aesthetically is a win IMO... Performance wise idk how the soccer/low to the ground design would hold up on the basketball court (mainly the knees/forefoot). Soccer players do just as cutting and lateral moving (if not more) as basketball guys but the jumping and landing in this shoe is a concern for me
I don't think soccer shoes look good for casual wear

I love indoor soccer shoes for casual wear but these are just fail. The fact that these look like water proof rain booties with that plastic everything is just horrible. I love that these suck IMO because I won't spent 1 cent on these

i hate to say this but looking at the trend of the KD line after the 4's, i'm not sure if it's even worth the wait anymore. especially with the rising price tag.

you know the design of the sneaker isn't that great when it relies on special colorways and such to be appealing.

with that said, i would be on the lookout for more colorways, but i'm doubtful that i'll be picking up a pair of KD's in the next year.

After this 6, the design team should just throw away everything and start from scratch

Im sayin tho, KD has some kind of say on the look of the shoe somewhere doesnt he, I mean jeez..

I know his taste cant be that distorted that he's ok with letting bootycrack designs and even more bootycrack CWs drop left and right..

BUT...Being around Westbrook's abomination dress code from head to toe for so long, I can see where it'd rub off I guess :rolleyes...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom