Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
This thing Should not be common from a major retailer. We all have to wait until July to receive a shoe that dropped in June.
mean.gif

Yeah the Fragments are weak imo, don't care how limited they are. Congrats if you like them, though. Nice that they actually dropped at retail.
Interestingly enough, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of the KD6 shoes that I have. Yet, I feel like  I could get behind a pair of those VOLT fragments, and actually wear them.

Interestingly enough, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of the KD6 shoes that I have. Yet, I feel like  I could get behind a pair of those VOLT fragments, and actually wear them.
Lol, might be the dumbest thing I've read.

Anyways, I'm really digging the blue fragments. Is there any chance left to cop them for retail?

good lord fragments are nasty. wish i could have got my hands on a pair.

Lol, might be the dumbest thing I've read.

Anyways, I'm really digging the blue fragments. Is there any chance left to cop them for retail?
Was it the content itself, or the way I phrased it? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I said, having anything to do with level of intelligence.

Last edited:

Was it the content itself, or the way I phrased it? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I said, having anything to do with level of intelligence.
Well you said you wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of your kd 6 shoes. Why buy them if you don't like them? Not sure if that's what you meant to say or not.

oh i thought buddy was trolling with his comment or being sarcastic. dude did post a massive collection pic pages ago

Well you said you wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of your kd 6 shoes. Why buy them if you don't like them? Not sure if that's what you meant to say or not.
     Its just a hobby for me. I collect shoes, cars, and sports memorabilia. I love the KDs because they are the shoes that my favorite NBA player wears, and endorses on the court for my hometown NBA team. Just like when I was a kid, I bought Jordans because he was my favorite player. Its nothing more than a collection for me. I know there's people here who just buy to resell, or buy to actually hoop in, or buy to wear as everyday ****.. I'm just a collector. I'm a middle aged (37) white guy, that wears black or blue suit and ties everyday. So, these bright colored crazy looking shoes aren't really my style. But I love them nonetheless. So, when I saw these tan colored "fragments" i merely made the comment, that those are a shoe that I might actually wear, compared to all the others that I would definitely never wear. No harm, no foul. I hope you can see that it is a personal preference...and not a reflection of my level of intelligence.

Last edited:

Its just a hobby for me. I collect shoes, cars, and sports memorabilia. I love the KDs because they are the shoes that my favorite NBA player wears, and endorses on the court for my hometown NBA team. Just like when I was a kid, I bought Jordans because he was my favorite player. Its nothing more than a collection for me. I know there's people here who just buy to resell, or buy to actually hoop in, or buy to wear as everyday ****.. I'm just a collector. I'm a middle aged (37) white guy, that wears black or blue suit and ties everyday. So, these bright colored crazy looking shoes aren't really my style. But I love them nonetheless. So, when I saw these tan colored "fragments" i merely made the comment, that those are a shoe that I might actually wear, compared to all the others that I would definitely never wear. No harm, no foul. I hope you can see that it is a personal preference...and not a reflection of my level of intelligence.
Makes sense I guess. Didn't mean to insult you, I just personally don't agree with buying overpriced shoes for just a collection. To each their though.

The blue ones are so sexy. Where'd you get yours?

Nikelab 21 Mercer was late to work because I was trying to cop the Wimbledons from Footpatrol last night and I was on the train when I seen a bunch of people retweeting something and one dude was like y'all better hurry up they got the fragment KDs at Mercer so I took the train a few more stops and went there I couldn't find them because they just had them on the regular display nothing special. Asked the dude if he had both in a size 11 expecting him to say no and he said yes... I just couldn't believe it I strike out 9 out of 10 times but every dog has his day...

Last edited:

Makes sense I guess. Didn't mean to insult you, I just personally don't agree with buying overpriced shoes for just a collection. To each their though.
Understood. My wife said the same thing when we got married and saw all of the boxes of deadstock Jordans I had in the attic, that I had been "collecting" since the early/mid 90's. (Before it was cool to buy/resell Jordans...or anyone had heard of "retros.") At the time she couldn't understand why. She quickly caught on a few summers ago, when I was able to sell a handful of pair, to completely pay for a family vacation. 

To each their own. 

Understood. My wife said the same thing when we got married and saw all of the boxes of deadstock Jordans I had in the attic, that I had been "collecting" since the early/mid 90's. (Before it was cool to buy/resell Jordans...or anyone had heard of "retros.") At the time she couldn't understand why. She quickly caught on a few summers ago, when I was able to sell a handful of pair, to completely pay for a family vacation.

To each their own.
I'm in the same boat as you on this one.  In my adult lifetime I have owned more shoes that have never seen my (nor anyone elses) feet.  I collect them because it's fun, interesting.  I think I got suckered in when the V's came out and my parents wouldn't buy me the Jordan's.  Ever since I've had a job, I've bought shoes just to put up in the closet.  A few years ago I got out of collecting and sold all my shoes.  Enough for a down payment on a house, thought to be a rather wise investment.

no diff than car collecting or art collecting. seems to me buddy ain't missing no meals. 

Just for clarification, you do agree with buying overpriced shoes to wear and risk the chance of tearing up/and or ruining?

Last edited:

To each their own. 
so when your collecting, do you try and get your size, or do you not care and just go whatever you can get? 

Back
Top Bottom