*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

Your experience and others make the cushion set up sound like kd x’s. I haven’t picked up a 15 yet... I’m 215 lb hopefully the cushioning is nice for me like some of y’all big guys say. I never felt it in the kd x though

6'3" 200 lbs here...the KD9 zoom was very bouncy. The KD X zoom is either thinner or had a higher pressure because it was much harder to feel, but still there. The Lebron XV has a lot of foam between the zoom/zoom-max air and it takes a bit of time to break that in to "feel" the zoom at all. They're extremely cushioned but they don't have that bounce like the Lebron X did. But the articulation is nice.

478AAB64-211B-4B1B-BAF5-BE559E19EE4A.jpeg 2719DECD-8CD4-43EA-90EF-C0A523E2FD44.jpeg These are so nice in person.

Your experience and others make the cushion set up sound like kd x’s. I haven’t picked up a 15 yet... I’m 215 lb hopefully the cushioning is nice for me like some of y’all big guys say. I never felt it in the kd x though

Managed to take my 9.5 back and grab a new pair in my regular size 10 from my local store. I must say out of the box it feels much better than my previous pair. Just from walking around the house I can already feel a certain amount of give in the cushioning. It had me wondering if they actually have different psi calibration depending on the size of the sneaker. I guess not, but a friend of mine wears size 9.0 and had the same "dead" feeling cushioning-wise with his pair. Will post updated impressions once I play in them. Hopefully it'll be better than in my previous pair.

The 15s give you GOAT powers confirmed. The cavs playing bad is part of a marketing strategy. He's going to make everyone on the team play in the 15s and they will go on a 70 game winning streak and at the of every game he'll say "Must be the shoes *wink*"

JR has been playing in the 15s before that game but you didn't hear that from me :wink:

Just here to give my initial impressions:

Hooped and did some drills for about 8 hours over a course of a couple days. The bounce is definitely there (I'm 180lbs 5'11ish), but it takes time to break in the foam that sits on top. If you are a shifty guard that does a lot of crosses, I'd be very leery on hooping in these because of how high the shoe rides off the floor, and the lack of an outrigger. It doesn't take much to turn your ankle on these. Had Nike just implement a lateral outrigger or widened the base of the outsole, this issue could have been resolved, but they didn't so it is what it is. In terms of fit -- go TTS. Upon wear they may feel long, but when you're actually moving you'd be wishing you had that space because the toebox is pretty hard upon toe jams. The shoe also runs pretty narrow as well.

To summize, this is definitely THE shoe for older folks or people that do plyos and need a lot of impact protection. No soreness whatsoever (ex. Shins, knees, back, etc.). Basically, if you're just a straight, up and down player that jumps a lot, you'll love this shoe. However if you do a lot of lateral movement, this shoe can literally break your ankles.

Last edited:
After hooping in the ashes 4 times, I noticed the traction is finally starting to break in. My only complaint on this shoe is the lack of padding in the toe area. My KD9 elites are much more comfortable at the toe.

For those that hooped in the 14...would you say the outrigger is more pronounced in the 14 or the 15? Also did anyone feel unstable in the 14 or that the outrigger needed to be wider? It seems as if the stability/outrigger issue is fairly widespread so wanted to get a comparison.

JS"

Will robocop those 15 ext with the straps for casual purposes. When will they release is the question.

For those that hooped in the 14...would you say the outrigger is more pronounced in the 14 or the 15? Also did anyone feel unstable in the 14 or that the outrigger needed to be wider? It seems as if the stability/outrigger issue is fairly widespread so wanted to get a comparison.

JS"
Did people complain about the stability of the 14s? Because it didn't even have a pronounced outrigger. The 15s have a wide base imo. My foot doesn't spill over it which happens in some of my shoes because my foot is wide so I know that the base is wide enough for stability. I haven't had any problems feeling like I was going to tip over but I guess it's because my game style isn't that of a quick cutter. I'm more of a Melo type player so the most I would do that can cause instability is a spin move and even then I was pretty stable doing moves like that at the park.

Did people complain about the stability of the 14s? Because it didn't even have a pronounced outrigger. The 15s have a wide base imo. My foot doesn't spill over it which happens in some of my shoes because my foot is wide so I know that the base is wide enough for stability. I haven't had any problems feeling like I was going to tip over but I guess it's because my game style isn't that of a quick cutter. I'm more of a Melo type player so the most I would do that can cause instability is a spin move and even then I was pretty stable doing moves like that at the park.

Thanks for the response. That's partially my question and point. To my knowledge the 14 didn't have a pronounced outrigger and there were few complaints (that I'm aware of) with that model. I'm just wondering why there are so many gripes (might be legitimate...not minimizing anyone's experience) about this model if the outrigger is really no different. I'm just trying to understand and see if there's a true correlation.
I play the cutting slashing guard type position and from the initial try on and the looks of the sneaker I want to give em a go. I eventually will but would like to make a sound decision prior to purchasing.

JS"

I picked me a pair of the ashes up today. I originally went to the new hibbetts that just opened last Friday night to buy them but the damn chip reader wasn't working on the cc reader. I'm glad I waited tho cause I got that MVP 25% off 1 item coupon in the mail last night and I went to our old hibbetts in the mall this time and they came out to $147 with tax. Couldn't beat that price.

Thanks for the response. That's partially my question and point. To my knowledge the 14 didn't have a pronounced outrigger and there were few complaints (that I'm aware of) with that model. I'm just wondering why there are so many gripes (might be legitimate...not minimizing anyone's experience) about this model if the outrigger is really no different. I'm just trying to understand and see if there's a true correlation.
I play the cutting slashing guard type position and from the initial try on and the looks of the sneaker I want to give em a go. I eventually will but would like to make a sound decision prior to purchasing.

JS"
You can go into any FTL and just feel where the insole sits and compare it to something like the AJ32, where there's a more pronounced lateral outrigger. Pictures have you believe that your foot would be right on top of the air units, but in reality they sit on top of the foam resting on top of the air units, which is a good 2" or so of stuff, thus creating that high off the floor feeling. Fastpass did a dissection on the 15 and they're the highest sitting shoes of the year.

Totally unrelated but these have to be one of the least noisiest shoes ever. No squeak at all (literally the polar opposite of the 32).

Last edited:
Just here to give my initial impressions:

Hooped and did some drills for about 8 hours over a course of a couple days. The bounce is definitely there (I'm 180lbs 5'11ish), but it takes time to break in the foam that sits on top. If you are a shifty guard that does a lot of crosses, I'd be very leery on hooping in these because of how high the shoe rides off the floor, and the lack of an outrigger. It doesn't take much to turn your ankle on these. Had Nike just implement a lateral outrigger or widened the base of the outsole, this issue could have been resolved, but they didn't so it is what it is. In terms of fit -- go TTS. Upon wear they may feel long, but when you're actually moving you'd be wishing you had that space because the toebox is pretty hard upon toe jams. The shoe also runs pretty narrow as well.

This would definitely be THE shoe for older folks or people that do plyos and need a lot of impact protection though. No soreness whatsoever (ex. Shins, knees, back, etc.). Basically, if you're just a straight, up and down player that jumps a lot, you'll love this shoe. However if you do a lot of lateral movement, this shoe can literally break your ankles.

I got mine last week and I am so positively surprised that they are so light. Will hoop in the next week and I will pay particular attention to the lateral movement. When I tried them on I could feel that the battle knit around the ankle area does give a bit of support, but I was only walking around, so playing Basketball will be a whole nother test. Thank you for your impressions!

Does anybody know when the ID options will release?

You can go into any FTL and just feel where the insole sits and compare it to something like the AJ32, where there's a more pronounced lateral outrigger. Pictures have you believe that your foot would be right on top of the air units, but in reality they sit on top of the foam resting on top of the air units, which is a good 2" or so of stuff, thus creating that high off the floor feeling. Fastpass did a dissection on the 15 and they're the highest sitting shoes of the year.

Totally unrelated but these have to be one of the least noisiest shoes ever. No squeak at all (literally the polar opposite of the 32).

Thanks for the comment. I tried them on but was rushed so next time I try them on I'll be cognizant of such.

JS"

I got mine last week and I am so positively surprised that they are so light. Will hoop in the next week and I will pay particular attention to the lateral movement. When I tried them on I could feel that the battle knit around the ankle area does give a bit of support, but I was only walking around, so playing Basketball will be a whole nother test. Thank you for your impressions!

Does anybody know when the ID options will release?
No Nike iD from what I heard

Back
Top Bottom