*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

Watch there be a Fear of God LeBron 15...
Oh and another thing, isn't every new LeBron sig supposed to be "the most technically advanced shoe of LeBron James’ career" ??? I mean damn, Nike pretty much stating they've convinced people to pay for backward tech advertised as the most updated signature shoe annually. That marketing :smokin

notes James. “It looks great, too. Since Jason and I started working on the LEBRON VII, we have always talked about how we not only want to have the top, top, top notch in performance, we want style, as well"

SO WHAT THE HELL WAS THE 11-14?
4 YEARS OF GARBAGE

DJN_xfzVoAAY4ZW.jpg

:pimp:

They better collab the hell out of these ore the interest will be the same of every LeBron since the X. Outside of die hards and dudes buying them to actually ball....They won't do much in the streets. Kith pairs are the soonest ones so far and that's not the best look for your signature athlete's signature shoe.

Watch there be a Fear of God LeBron 15...
Oh and another thing, isn't every new LeBron sig supposed to be "the most technically advanced shoe of LeBron James’ career" ??? I mean damn, Nike pretty much stating they've convinced people to pay for backward tech advertised as the most updated signature shoe annually. That marketing :smokin

+1. We're literally 5 years removed from shoes with actual technology (The Lebron X with Nike+) and yet these are the most technically advanced. :smh:

Still, the knit looks dope and the airbag is making a welcome return. Still copping for retail lol

"notes James. “It looks great, too. Since Jason and I started working on the LEBRON VII, we have always talked about how we not only want to have the top, top, top notch in performance, we want style, as well"

"Hey jason...you remember at the end of teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 when shredder drank that ooze and turned into super shredder?.....i want what KD got.....but like if you poured some of that ooze on it "

Is anyone else absolutely done with these 1 piece uppers? Do the laces even do anything?
This my issue with the newer LeBrons. I understand that 1 piece seems to be best for balling in and having a shoe that becomes an extension of the foot, but having an actual tongue that moves just looks so much better IMO, especially with a shoe that is so high cut and big. LeBrons have always had that bulky aesthetic, but not a fan of making the shoe basically a knit, 1 piece, w/ a sole and laces attached. Also miss leather on the upper. But I understand the direction they're going from a performance perspective.

^^^
This has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with cost. Seamless one piece uppers cost significantly less to manufacture due to lack of stitching. A machine can construct the entire upper in one go with minimal human involvement. The 'sweat shop' just has to glue the upper to the mid/out-sole.

I'm not sure about the return of Max Air alongside Zoom Air. Seems that court feel will suffer.

^^^
This has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with cost. Seamless one piece uppers cost significantly less to manufacture due to lack of stitching. A machine can construct the entire upper in one go with minimal human involvement. The 'sweat shop' just has to glue the upper to the mid/out-sole.
That makes sense. I knew having a 1 piece upper equaled easier manufacturing process and cost (like you said, a robot can stitch a sock that just needs to be glued to a sole), but I thought that also was better for performance in terms of having less moving parts.

It seems like, in a perfect, technologically unlimited, world not accounting for visual appeal, the perfect basketball shoe would be a sock that is perfectly and comfortably attached to the foot with a 1 to 1 fit, has a mid and out-sole that gives perfect traction, cushioning, and protection, has enough covering to protect the foot from being stepped on or whatnot, and locks the ankle from rolling in a harmful manner. And basketball shoes seem to be looking more and more like this. I just miss LeBrons looking better for off the court. The Kiths are OK, but they're just that, a limited collab that will be surrounded by the GRs that won't be so appealing.

Wrong. The 9s and 10s weren't made to look lifestyle. They were good looking basketball shoes that people wore casually. Big difference.
That's the whole point I'm making Sherlock. Not saying they were made for lifestyle but they were rocked off the court much as they were on the court.

Don't think a shoe has ever had me this confused......hated them until photoshop above.....now kinda like em'!! Crap

Real talk.

When the black/oreo colorway first leaked I was like:

Edge Sly Stare.gif

Then all the Kith/Jorah Mormont Greyscale collabs started popping up I was like:

Triple H Disgusted.gif

Then the black/oreo colorway popped up again in that Nike article and I was like:

Triple H Nodding.gif

So to summarize my overall impressions of the XV thus far I turn to Vince McMahon:
Vince McMahon Confused.gif

That's the whole point I'm making Sherlock. Not saying they were made for lifestyle but they were rocked off the court much as they were on the court.
"I'm excited that the Lebron line is going back to more of a lifestyle look. We probably haven't had that since the 9s maybe 10." That sounds to me like you're saying they were made for lifestyle. And the 15's haven't even released yet, how can you say people are going to rock these off court?

"I'm excited that the Lebron line is going back to more of a lifestyle look. We probably haven't had that since the 9s maybe 10." That sounds to me like you're saying they were made for lifestyle. And the 15's haven't even released yet, how can you say people are going to rock these off court?
Isn't that what was displayed last night?? So that could be highly likely. All I'm saying is they looked dope and will be rocked casually off the court.

That makes sense. I knew having a 1 piece upper equaled easier manufacturing process and cost (like you said, a robot can stitch a sock that just needs to be glued to a sole), but I thought that also was better for performance in terms of having less moving parts.

No fam, it's not a case of 'moving parts' as there are none really - just overlays and panels that have to be (manually) stitched or just simply take more time to manufacture due to a more involved process.

Less complex shoes like the ones Nike has been making for a few years now allow for a quick turnaround (necessary) for Nike iD and also mean less warehousing. So the joints go straight from the factory to the outlets - as evident with the White/Camouflage-Gum bottom Lebron XIV. :lol:

Same as before there is NO performance gain for the consumer nor is there any cost savings as these 'easy to manufacture' joints cost more than their predecessors. Case in point would be the Jordan retro product which has seams, overlays, leather and gutted technology but is sported quite regularly by NBA athletes who play at a high level.

I can't imagine doing an attached tongue instead of a movable tongue costs THAT much less, can it?

Back
Top Bottom