*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

Gonna be a lot of sprained ankles in these. Battleknit is too stretchy on the ankle area. If you have ankle brace around use it lol. Cushioning felt firm for me as well so when I get a pair it’ll need to be broken in. Discount all the way.

These are no X killer, but the cushioning is still miles ahead of the XIV. I felt absolutely nothing in that shoe.

brons.jpg

from tonight

I honestly don’t think we’ve seen his Jordan 11 yet. Think the best is still yet to come. The 15 is definitely a good sign that the Lebron line is going back to catering to us non-hoopers that wear them for casual purposes. Been seeing these all over IG today.

These are no X killer, but the cushioning is still miles ahead of the XIV. I felt absolutely nothing in that shoe.

As far as the 14, are you speaking from performance? Casually, I felt the pods after breaking them in. Not the greatest but pretty decent

So I got a pair of ashes early afternoon today but I was out with friends all day so I couldn't make a write up on my opinions. I might be repeating things that other people have said before, but this is from the perspective of a wide footer. So here it goes.

- It runs just a tiny bit long. About ~0.5'' of toe room. But this is good because I always leave half an inch of toe space so my toes don't get jammed. TTS, for me at least, fit perfect. For wide footers you should definitely stay TTS. I don't think my foot can even slide in half a size down. For average/narrow footed people, you can probably get away with going half a size down and nothing more imo. Half a size down will either have you at a quarter inch or less of toe space so don't go a full size down or you'll be jamming your big toes all day. Also my wide feet sometimes spills over the sides of some shoes which tells me I shouldn't hoop in them, but in these they don't actually do that.

- Easy to get into. Not restricting like the Adidas Crazy Explosive 2017s were when I tried them. I was super excited for that shoe ever since leaked info came out but my foot couldn't breathe whatsoever wearing them. Not to get too into it, but the CE17s were hard to get into and my foot was suffocating to the point where it felt numb just sitting down with them on. The Lebrons on the other hand had pull tabs to make it easy to slide your foot in, has a super stretchy collar, and it was definitely the perfect fit (not bear hugging my feet, but just gently caressing it).

- The cushion is probably my current favorite since the lunarlon zoom mix that was in the lebron 11. Those to me were amazing, enough to put them in my kobe 9s. That combo made one of my all time favorite ball shoe. I never had the lebron 10s to compare to, but it definitely feels better than the 14s (which I've only tried on in stores), kyrie 2-3, pg1s, and hyperdunk models including the current models with react cushioning. I'm usually biased with boost, but I thought these were better than the CE17s which had really stiff boost where I couldn't even feel the cushion when wearing those. With this new zoom+airmax combo cushioning comes a higher ride however. I was wearing a pair of Jordan 11s today and but it felt like I was a little higher off the ground in the lebrons.

- The battleknit is just amazing imo. It's knitted thicker in all the right places and it's not too rigid to the point where they won't even break in like the crazy explosive 17's forged primeknit. From what I'm seeing in that thread, it doesn't break in for the most part and people are thinking of returning them even after a couple of wears trying to break the shoe in. Imo, nike did everything right with the knit.

-The collar is stretchy like I said before so don't expect this to be high top ankle supportive shoe. It's basically a low top like all of these knitted collar shoes (i.e. the CE17s and Curry 4s) Although people are afraid of not seeing any actual outrigger on the lateral side (like you usually see in the kobe line) to prevent ankle rolling, I've actually noticed that the whole midsole protrudes out a bit on the lateral side. I feel pretty safe in them, but with my ankle injury history, I might buy the zamst ankle brace that Steph Curry has been wearing. I don't think he's rolled his ankle ever since he started wearing that. A brace should be able to fit the collar, but I'm not sure if it will permanently stretch it out if you consistently play in a brace so be prepared for that.

- Would like to comment more on the performance aspects of the shoe but I haven't balled in them yet. Going to test them out soon. Overall, the traction seems pretty solid. Fit is PERFECT for me. Materials are 10/10 for me so far. Can't fully rate the cushion yet til I play in them, but they already feel like they're an A+ in my book. Support, you'll have to judge for your self, but I feel pretty safe in them.

CAN'T WAIT FOR ID TO COME OUT OR HOT COLORWAYS! The all black pair is dope but I have to stop buying all black shoes lol. If you have any questions, hit me up!

1509277051657854987656.jpg

I think I'm in the minority, gotta return em. Went tts, plenty of toe space, materials A+, cushioning (for me) is ok. Problem here is with thick socks they definitely feel too narrow also I little higher on the ankle than I expected. Wish I can keep them but doesn't make sense. Maybe I'll do the triple black go a half sz up and they won't look like boats (light midsole)

1509277051657854987656.jpg

I think I'm in the minority, gotta return em. Went tts, plenty of toe space, materials A+, cushioning (for me) is ok. Problem here is with thick socks they definitely feel too narrow also I little higher on the ankle than I expected. Wish I can keep them but doesn't make sense. Maybe I'll do the triple black go a half sz up and they won't look like boats (light midsole)

how much you want?

I just bought the 14s to play in. Is the jump to the 15 that much better

Personally, I love the 14. I have both but still play in the 14. Feel like it has more lockdown and like how it feels kind of like a trainer. 15s are still nice though might have to break theme in more. And the pride of Ohio are a GR so they probably will go on discount.

Played in the Ashes for 2.5 hours today - here’s my thoughts - won’t be an all out review as it’s still early but for what it’s worth:

Background - I’m 6’4” 190 and play the wing. I also wear orthotics and ankle braces on each ankle.

The fit is perfect for me as I went down 1/2 a size. At first they seem snug but as I started shooting around without braces I could feel the knit getting a little loose, but nothing like true flyknit would. They did a great job on this model of keeping the reinforced “battleknit” very secure but the places where the knit is not reinforced is pliable and flexible. thapointguy thapointguy mentioned that the shoe might be unstable for those who don’t wear braces and I FULLY agree. The battleknit on the heel counter and near the toe box can only do so much but the height of the foot sitting off the ground in these is so prominent that you might feel off-balance if you don’t tie completely tight or go TTS and have narrow feet.

With my braces on, I had no issues with the fit as the knit bootie can stretch around the braces. The one beauty of this shoe is the heel to toe transition that the Xs, in all its glory, didn’t do a great jon of feeling that forefoot flex. This is important because the majority of players play on their toes, or really, the “ball” of their feet. On the Xs, you couldn’t have that forefoot explosion that you can get on the 15s. With that being said, the zoom bag on the forefoot ends too far down the top of the shoe, meaning there is foam near the toes. This could’ve to allow a better court feel for those when playing, but to me it felt a little awkward in the transition from that zoom bag to the foam near the top of the shoe.

The zoom max bag in the heel is amazing on hard landings. I have no complaints with the cushioning in terms of feeling good from start of play to the end of the 2.5 hours. I wish there was more of an outrigger near the forefoot to help with stability, but that’s a minor complaint.

The knit itself holds up real well in terms of playing. I could barely tell the shoes were worn afterwards. The lacing system helps keep the knit tight when you lace up right. The 14s were great but that heel lockdown was terrible due to the lacing construct. These feel more secure when compared to the 14s, but as previously mentioned, the heel lockdown will definitely be an issue for narrow footed folks who go TTS. At least in my opinion - best bet is try these on in store.

Overall, I am very pleased with these shoes in terms of performance. I feel like the cushioning sterted to feel more and more bouncy but nothing like that X bounce, which some loved and some wished was more stable. I’ll post a full in-depth review after a week of good hoops runs to give you guys a good idea of how they perform after a few wears.

Back
Top Bottom