*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

Their marketing is changing more than the performance. Flyknit and flywire came out 10 years ago almost. React from lunarlon (which wanst good). Before that zoom was the last innovation. “Battle knit” is just 2ply flyknit :lol:
Your contradicting yourself.

During the 90s when Jordan's signature line was going through its original run. They were not selling out like Retros. They were available weeks and maybe months after release. The old Eastbay magazines had so much heat in issue after issue for that very reason.
No "maybe" about it. A shoe and a colorway would drop, and you could still buy it many months later, in almost all instances. And if you waited long enough, you could buy it on sale. The idea of a sellout didn't even exist.
Personally, I'm no fan of LeBron's line other than a couple of shoes. All I know is, Nike isn't signing that fool to a lifetime deal if he doesn't move a huge quantity of product.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

No "maybe" about it. A shoe and a colorway would drop, and you could still buy it many months later, in almost all instances. And if you waited long enough, you could buy it on sale. The idea of a sellout didn't even exist.
Personally, I'm no fan of LeBron's line other than a couple of shoes. All I know is, Nike isn't signing that fool to a lifetime deal if he doesn't move a huge quantity of product.

his shoe is dead but he's been in the top5 of shoe sales the last what 10yrs? top 5 in jersey sales the last 10yrs? i swear just bcuz you don't like something doesn't mean others don't, the 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 9 were all extra ugly, thats when the line was dead, the line just really started coming together booming a good set a shoes starting at the 7 with a hiccup in the 9, but guess what.....thats my opinion which means jack crap in the grand scheme of things. The last 6yrs were horrible? 11-16 have been great minus the 14 and that was more a colorway issue than design. negativity should just
tenor.gif

it serves no purpose in the threads

Honestly comparing any athlete's signature line to Jordan's isn't fair...most players have 1 or 2 models that are sought after or have a niche following. After MJ, Bron has pumped out the best signature hoop kicks in my opinion it goes

1. MJ
2. Bron
3. Penny

Honestly comparing any athlete's signature line to Jordan's isn't fair...most players have 1 or 2 models that are sought after or have a niche following. After MJ, Bron has pumped out the best signature hoop kicks in my opinion it goes

1. MJ
2. Bron
3. Penny

My point was not an effort to compare to MJ. LeBron never stood a chance in that area. But he had an incredible run ... a run no one else has bad with sigs, outside of MJ. So, to see the downward spiral we have witnessed is disturbing.

1. MJ
2. Bron
3. Penny

And Kobe’s are #4?

Ha!!!

My point was not an effort to compare to MJ. LeBron never stood a chance in that area. But he had an incredible run ... a run no one else has bad with sigs, outside of MJ. So, to see the downward spiral we have witnessed is disturbing.

I see what you mean...but I think the shift has more to do with what's hot in fashion/streetwear than an indictment on Bron's kicks. Outside of a select JB models and colorways Basketball shoes as a whole aren't coveted like they used to be by the quote un quote "in-crowd". Brons, Kobes, KD', foams, and every retro JB threw out the window all used to fly off shelves. Now unless it's a limited collab pair, or an OG classic they usually sit. I personally like it this way. I got into kicks through playing basketball so I never really cared about the "hype" I just wanted the shoes I saw Bron or other NBA players wearing. With the way fashion shifts all it's going to take is Nike throwing an older Bron model on a couple "influencers" and all of a sudden they will be selling out and hard to get again.

1. MJ
2. Bron
3. Penny

MJ - 33
Lebron - 16
Kobe -14?
Wade - 13 :wow:
KD - 12
Penny - 10 - Foam1, Halfcent, Lil Posite, Zoom Rookie (i count those all as sigs bcuz they have his emblem and his full endorcement and they were a bit more than just some ko takedowns :nerd:)
Pippen - 6 (9 if we count uptempos:nerd:)
Curry - 6
Dame - 5
Kyrie - 5

anyway more than 1-2 models these days.....ain't rose on like 9?

only counting the mainline bcuz Jordan has a brand now well over 200 models i'm sure

MJ - 33
Lebron - 16
Kobe -14?
Wade - 13 :wow:
KD - 12
Penny - 10 - Foam1, Halfcent, Lil Posite, Zoom Rookie (i count those all as sigs bcuz they have his emblem and his full endorcement and they were a bit more than just some ko takedowns :nerd:)
Pippen - 6 (9 if we count uptempos:nerd:)
Curry - 6
Dame - 5
Kyrie - 5

anyway more than 1-2 models these days.....ain't rose on like 9?

only counting the mainline bcuz Jordan has a brand now well over 200 models i'm sure

When I said 1 or 2 I meant that's how many models that are actually desired. Not the sheer number they have pumped out.

So you’ll admit you opinion has some bias, cause Kobe sigs is the first Nike basketball branded to get latest Nike tech like flyknit, lunarlon, react etc. it terms of performance in today’s Nike basketball world it’s

1.kobe
2.Lebron
3.Jordan

If we're talking performance I'm going to choose a pair of Kobe's first because I'm a guard and I don't need a shoe as bulky as the majority of Bron's sigs, and I prefer to hoop in lowtops. I played soccer too so the whole "dont play in lowtops" superstition never bothered me. However if we're looking at on and off court wear I'm going Bron all day.

Back
Top Bottom