**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

Yeah, I only plan on doing a wash every few months or so, because it's not like it's something I wear on the daily basis anyway.

Inside out cold wash + lay flat to dry = win.  Just washed all of mine the other day, and they all look brand new.  Freezer / febreze is pretty gross.  TF absorbs dirt, sweat, etc. much more easily than denim.  I think a lot of people don't wash denim often is because of the bleeding/fading.  Please wash your swass'd up TF! :smile: 

It's common. Couple of hundreds of pages back, and you'll see how we were all talking about the pilling issue, hated how it did that, and how to fix and prevent it.

To fix it, it's the cloth-shedding advice like using a razor or getting the one from the Container Store.

To prevent it, you gotta make sure the clothing don't rub back and forth so much onto anything, because friction causes fabric to pill, Tech Fleece or not. When you wash it, you gotta flip it inside-out, wash delicate cycle on cold water, and hang dry it. I personally handwash two or three Tech Fleece garments at a time, machine spin/rinse cycle, and then hang dry it. When it's like 90-100% dry, I'll throw it in the dryer flipped inside-out on low heat for about 2-3 minutes to soften up the materials again just about enough to make sure all zippers and the entire garment stays true to its original brand-new shape. It's a hassle, but it works wonders! The zippers stay straight (doesn't coil), the bonded seam tapes stays brand new with no creasing, and the clothing itself looks brand-spanking new.
Fabric shaver from Amazon.  It brought back my 2 pairs of tech knit pants, which were all piled up. 

It's hard to prevent piling when you are active in tech fleece/knit, so investing in that fabric shaver will be the best solution. 

wait a minute. not washing sweatpants????? after balling in them no less??????? :x :x :x :x :x :x

Last edited:
I play ball in my raw denim too...

It's all cotton so it absorbs the same b. If I play ball in them and they're soaked with sweat I'll just air em' out for two days and their good as new.

:x :x :x :x maybe you dont notice that smell because you're used to it, but trust that everyone else does. but hey, im a random person on the internet so maybe im wrong :rofl:

Last edited:
I wash all my TF pants and dry the pairs that I wear around the house/to the gym. Hell even the other pairs see the dryer for a few minutes. They're fuc**** sweatpants. Y'all crack me up.

Last edited:
lads, some of the price here for TK joggers are ridiculously low for Europe. 120 yoyos and they still have size L in both the black and grey. Going to get both  
happy.gif

do you guys use detergent and fabric softner when you machine wash? how much?

air dried and using a regular scoop on a tech fleece load took about 7 days before the strong tide scent went away. might have to switch to tide free/clear

do you guys use detergent and fabric softner when you machine wash? how much?

air dried and using a regular scoop on a tech fleece load took about 7 days before the strong tide scent went away. might have to switch to tide free/clear
Dont over think it, some will tell you need detergent designed for baby jesus but treat them just like you would anything else you wash weekly or daily if thats your flavor. 

Washing TF separate is a waste of time 

Just air dry. 

You don't need detergent. Turn them inside out and spray vinegar on them. Then fold them and place inside a plastic bag and put them in the freezer. Vinegar kills 99% of bacteria

white vinegar is a great disinfectant. It also acts as a deodorizer and cuts grease.

Last edited:
white vinegar is a great disinfectant. It also acts as a deodorizer and cuts grease.

If a drop of vinegar gets anywhere in my house that can't be washed down in a little time, it smells forever. Why would I put it on my clothes?

Back
Top Bottom