🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Anyone else feel like it's borderline absurd for Nike to still be pushing the Vapor Cage 4 as Rafa's shoe, coming out with all these Rafa versions of it? I know top pros have custom/highly customized shoes, but his are so far from the VC4.
I noticed, that from 2020 nike desicions in many ways are ridiculous

Anyone else feel like it's borderline absurd for Nike to still be pushing the Vapor Cage 4 as Rafa's shoe, coming out with all these Rafa versions of it? I know top pros have custom/highly customized shoes, but his are so far from the VC4.
I wonder if part of it is because they can’t fix his custom setup into the silhouette of the cage. Have read the setup is max air in heel and forefoot like the court ballistec 4.3. That might not fit into the lower profile of the cage 4.

anyone willing to share team league tw coupon for 30% off rrp, mine have just expired
I can pay for it , tks much

1619192007884.png
Can you tell me more about this discount and how you got it in the first place? Is it just being on a Florida league team? USTA? Something private?

3 weeks out until the Roland Garros release (hopefully!) Very little info about what's to come. Surprising. I sure wish I knew what Vapor Pros were coming. The two polos up on here that were up on NDC were taken down from Nike's website (US Site) rather quickly. I like the slam polo which I assume NK will wear. We've seen Rafa's outfit but his stuff fits so goofy. Just complaining here really. I like seeing the leaks and then looking forward to the release date. Not so big on surprises. :wink:

Be well everyone!

Can you tell me more about this discount and how you got it in the first place? Is it just being on a Florida league team? USTA? Something private?
you can registered here if playing usta or league
https://www.tennisexpress.com/info/league-team-order-form or https://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Team/league.html
it bring 30% off on new clothing and shoes , do not need to wait discount for new arrival
I am looking for someone wiling to share coupon , off course i can pay for it as well ^^

Curious how folks who have been playing in the Vapor Pros feel about them?
Personally, I think they are very fast and the traction on hard courts is incredible, but almost too good. Also my feet/legs take longer to recuperate after playing in them. Not as much cushioning in forefoot as what I was playing in before (Gel 8s). May be making switch back to Gel 8s, or trying what I feel is a more plush shoe in the GP Turbos. We shall see

Personally, I think they are very fast and the traction on hard courts is incredible, but almost too good. Also my feet/legs take longer to recuperate after playing in them. Not as much cushioning in forefoot as what I was playing in before (Gel 8s). May be making switch back to Gel 8s, or trying what I feel is a more plush shoe in the GP Turbos. We shall see
That is why I stuck with the Cage 4s in the meantime. Its a good balance of speed and comfort. Lets be honest, I am a 4.0 weekend warrior.... that extra .5 seconds on a suicide aint doing anything for me... so I want to be able to walk around after a match haha. They are comfy *enough*

Love mine. I was a bit worried about the change to the upper, but they’re breathable, and comfortable. I don’t feel as “locked down” as much as I did in the Xs but I switched out the laces to 54” and used the final eyelet.
I prefer a lower profile shoe and like to feel the court as opposed to my experience with the Cage 4.

Someone have for sale the vapor cage 4 tiger in size 10 new? Thsnks!

That is why I stuck with the Cage 4s in the meantime. Its a good balance of speed and comfort. Lets be honest, I am a 4.0 weekend warrior.... that extra .5 seconds on a suicide aint doing anything for me... so I want to be able to walk around after a match haha. They are comfy *enough*
Yeah, I’ve been a little surprised at the occasional discomfort. It could be a mix of the shoe and the difficult/lengthy matches I’ve been in of late. You feel the Cage 4s are more comfortable? I may have to revisit them, my initial try on month ago, I wasn’t a fan, but may be able to appreciate them more now

Love mine. I was a bit worried about the change to the upper, but they’re breathable, and comfortable. I don’t feel as “locked down” as much as I did in the Xs but I switched out the laces to 54” and used the final eyelet.
I prefer a lower profile shoe and like to feel the court as opposed to my experience with the Cage 4.
I feel the same with the locked down aspect of the Vapor Pros. Will see if adding the extra eyelet to the lacing helps my cause at all

Has anyone had the opportunity to try on or wear Nadal's new shorts and shirt? Wondering about fit and feel. Thanks!

Has anyone had the opportunity to try on or wear Nadal's new shorts and shirt? Wondering about fit and feel. Thanks!
Yep. Shirt is brilliant. Similar to 2019 shirts. Good feel, fitting very good. I always use S size, and now also S fitting very good on me.

I wonder about shorts. Im gonna buy rg shorts and i wonder if they tight like all rafa shorts, or is it a little bit loose. On photos looks little loose :D

Yep. Shirt is brilliant. Similar to 2019 shirts. Good feel, fitting very good. I always use S size, and now also S fitting very good on me.

I wonder about shorts. Im gonna buy rg shorts and i wonder if they tight like all rafa shorts, or is it a little bit loose. On photos looks little loose :D

I'm also a S guy in nike stuff and as Niketennisfan said, the shirt fits really good. Slim at the chest, which I like but still a little bit roomy around the belly and the waist. The shorts fit great also. If you're familiar with 7in shorts, you'll like them.
I've never had any Nadal gear because I'm not a fan of the bull logo and just the overall look and cut but when I saw him at Monte-Carlo, I bought the whole outfit. It's just gorgeous. I'm in love with this purple, dust pink combo. Since Cages are too heavy for my likings, I was looking for a pair of clay shoes that would match this outfit but also other stuff, so I bought the white wmns Vapor Pros with the pink swoosh. I can't wait to rock this but I'm struggling with an ankle sprain right now 😭 IMG_20210429_135329.jpg

I'm also a S guy in nike stuff and as Niketennisfan said, the shirt fits really good. Slim at the chest, which I like but still a little bit roomy around the belly and the waist. The shorts fit great also. If you're familiar with 7in shorts, you'll like them.
I've never had any Nadal gear because I'm not a fan of the bull logo and just the overall look and cut but when I saw him at Monte-Carlo, I bought the whole outfit. It's just gorgeous. I'm in love with this purple, dust pink combo. Since Cages are too heavy for my likings, I was looking for a pair of clay shoes that would match this outfit but also other stuff, so I bought the white wmns Vapor Pros with the pink swoosh. I can't wait to rock this but I'm struggling with an ankle sprain right now 😭 IMG_20210429_135329.jpg
Great. Thanks. Sorry to hear about the injury. I'm looking forward to the French Open colors for the Nadal outfit. I know its similar to whats been done before but there's something different and appealing about the cut of the shirt this time around.

Back
Top Bottom