🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

White for Rafa isn't a bad choice for the Australian Open. Which colour shorts and hat do you think he will wear? (I live in Melbourne and I buy everything rafa wears...)

Finally able to purchase at a decent price. Tennispro.eu. Usually can get any Rafa shirt pretty cheap but this one was hard to find at under $50.
Picked up a tech fleece jacket as well from them so the shipping didn't seem to bad considering the price of the 2 items came to 105$. Jacket normally 180 at retail and inflated nadal shirt at $100 so I guess I saved $100 lol.

Anyone ever win a pair of shoes off eBay and just get them shipped like this. ? lol
See pic in next post

Last edited:
It makes me sick how Nike has wasted their potential in tennis by doing Vapor 9's and Lunarballistecs year in year out :smh:

What a shame. Sneaker legacys of both Roger and Rafa, two all time greats, deserve better!

It makes me sick how Nike has wasted their potential in tennis by doing Vapor 9's and Lunarballistecs year in year out :smh:

What a shame. Sneaker legacys of both Roger and Rafa, two all time greats, deserve better!

True it is getting boring. But the vapor 9/9.5 is a damn near perfect court shoe, imo. Look at the "innovation" that has happened outside the signature lines (ultraflys). I'm glad they didn't go in that direction with the rest of their tennis stuff.

And outside of tennis the progression hasnt been great - aesthetically, at least. I don't know about performance because I'm a strictly tennis guy.

Until something truly better comes along I'm happy with they're keeping the vapors around.

True it is getting boring. But the vapor 9/9.5 is a damn near perfect court shoe, imo. Look at the "innovation" that has happened outside the signature lines (ultraflys). I'm glad they didn't go in that direction with the rest of their tennis stuff.

And outside of tennis the progression hasnt been great - aesthetically, at least. I don't know about performance because I'm a strictly tennis guy.

Until something truly better comes along I'm happy with they're keeping the vapors around.

I've moved on.

Barricade 2016 and Asics Gel Resolution Speed 3 have topped Vapors as my go to shoes.

Both Adidas and Asics make small improvements each year but in the end the end product does get better with each iteration.

I didn't try out the ultraflys for two reasons: prices and some really bad reviews I've read.

Last edited:
I've moved on.

Barricade 2016.

I didn't try out the ultraflys for two reasons: prices and some really bad reviews I've read.

I might try the barricade. Used to use that one yeaaars ago. Asics are so ugly to me.

Same on the ultras, so many negative reviews. Seemed to be a very particular fit.

Last edited:
40% off vapors at tennis warehouse Europe. Think it expires tomorrow Flyknits at 90 euro but 24 shipping. If you buy more it kind of breaks up the shipping
65 euro for regular vapors
Was gonna buy the green ones but after the reviews decided I have enough sneakers and I'm not sold on the colorway

Last edited:
Hopefully they improved upon the ultrafly instead of just removing the sock. Looking forward to this shoe. Due for a new pair of shoes after I wear out my lunar ballistecs in about a month. 

Hopefully they improved upon the ultrafly instead of just removing the sock. Looking forward to this shoe. Due for a new pair of shoes after I wear out my lunar ballistecs in about a month. 

its a low cut version ultrafly MSRP 160.00 and the first cw is Volt. Tried it on yesterday, nice and roomy toe box with a mix cage like plastic on the forefoot.

its a low cut version ultrafly MSRP 160.00 and the first cw is Volt. Tried it on yesterday, nice and roomy toe box with a mix cage like plastic on the forefoot.[/quote

What a surprise !! Volt !! Think we've had volt every year lol

Back
Top Bottom