OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
To the folks with customs, grateful for your thoughts here. Have a pair of Wht/Blk FKTs coming in…is it better to:
1) dye the white flyknit tongue to black, or
2) swap the white tongue with a black tongue

By better, I mean look, feel and durability of the end result. Imagine both depend on how well they’re executed, but kinda need a push toward one direction or the other

I’d just swap the tongue to a different color. It cost me like $15, and I don’t have to worry about it fading/chipping (not sure if they do that anyways, but I didn’t want to take the chance)

Gotcha, thanks fellas. You just take ‘em to the local shoe repair guy?

Quick mock up:
0645E75D-B4AC-43FC-8A27-EE8FE6162F83.jpeg

Long gone is the era of cheap, DS fkt and fkr in good color ways.

I’d estimate 2016-2019 was the golden era. Bought several brand new FKs (blk/wht FKT, Oreo FKR, volt FKR, South beach/hyperjade FKR) for retail or below, some below 50% off. Think my pink FKRs were $42 shipped, brand new from a retail store.

It def ain’t the hype, it’s the dwindling supply. Nike needs to restart the FK machine for is already…

Its crazy to me how extensive my shoe collection is w varied hyped collabs (Ow, Patta, Hu NMDs, Travis’) and my favorite silhouette to this day is the FKR.

^i might try to use a tongue from FKR Oreo on my incoming white FKTs. What’re the differences? Assuming the FKR might be narrower, maybe shorter too

Either way, looks great so guess it doesn’t matter ha

^i might try to use a tongue from FKR Oreo on my incoming white FKTs. What’re the differences? Assuming the FKR might be narrower, maybe shorter too

Either way, looks great so guess it doesn’t matter ha

They’re actually the same size in the size range (I.E. a size 9 tongue is identical to a 9.5). You’ll notice that if the shoe itself is a size 9.5, the tongue will have “9” knitted on the bottom.

I’ve noticed that the FKR tongues are softer and have two lace slits, while the FKT tongues are more firm and have only one lace slit.

We have been trying to track down mice in our home for the past month or 2 and for the second time I saw one in our guest room, which I had completely checked and inspected before. Completely except for the closet, which is my satellite shoe storage location.

Numerous boxes had been nibbled on, shoe stuffing trashed to make a nest I assume, droppings in several boxes. I have been in a pissy mood for days now not because of mice but because they violated the 1 single hobby/passion I still indulge in 😢.

For the first time ever, excluding outlet 1/2 boxes, I am discarding shoeboxes. I feel like only fellow Sneakerheads can empathize with my challenging decision lol.

I would prefer to give the pairs that were closest to the floor a precautionary wash but being at the 10 year mark on these things I might just have to find some sanitizing spray maybe

We have been trying to track down mice in our home for the past month or 2 and for the second time I saw one in our guest room, which I had completely checked and inspected before. Completely except for the closet, which is my satellite shoe storage location.

Numerous boxes had been nibbled on, shoe stuffing trashed to make a nest I assume, droppings in several boxes. I have been in a pissy mood for days now not because of mice but because they violated the 1 single hobby/passion I still indulge in 😢.

For the first time ever, excluding outlet 1/2 boxes, I am discarding shoeboxes. I feel like only fellow Sneakerheads can empathize with my challenging decision lol.

I would prefer to give the pairs that were closest to the floor a precautionary wash but being at the 10 year mark on these things I might just have to find some sanitizing spray maybe
If you're not holding them on ICE you might as well put them in clear shoe cases and make a wall of sneakers. Sorry for your loss bro. Did they nibble on your shoes too?

Shoes are perfectly intact. I just have preexisting aging issues of chipping midsole paint and outsole separation specifically on Racers

I got like 5 100 gallon clear containers from Target for like $80. The Sneakerhead flat front cases are way out of my budget - would cost several hundred bucks

This sucks
Glad they ain't damaged no shoes tho

Back
Top Bottom