OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
^

those grey racers or so nice.  I need to cop a pair once RRS restocks (if they do).  Does anyone have other sites not listed here that have the orange racers in size 10.5?  I really missed out on the $80 deal
ohwell.gif

God damn, I want those grey racers. Trying to have self control with all these FKs coming out but it's too damn hard :lol:

I'd like to see someone give the grey racers the black swoosh treatment...

Last edited:
God damn, I want those grey racers. Trying to have self control with all these FKs coming out but it's too damn hard :lol:

I'd like to see someone give the grey racers the black swoosh treatment...
ill give it a shot see what happens

So... does this count as the team's thread? :lol:

All this switching really got me confused.

-Drew

imo the racers look much better than the trainers. hands down, my fav pair of FK.

Last edited:

Red racers came in from RSS yesterday and they look amazing! The laces are the flat ribbon style and intend to change them to the Kiwi oval ones people have used in previous posts.

I've got 25 miles on the volts so far and intend to break in the red's today :smile:

Last edited:
So I bought another pair of black/white flyknit trainers and they've come with the padding on the ankle which i'm all for but with these rubbish ribbon laces..

How long have they been coming with them laces for?

Cause my previous pair have the normal rounded laces.

Ahhh well.

Last edited:
So I bought another pair of black/white flyknit trainers and they've come with the padding on the ankle which i'm all for but with these rubbish ribbon laces..

How long have they been coming with them laces for?

Cause my previous pair have the normal rounded laces.

Ahhh well.

it seems the extra padding and ribbon laces are the two modifications that occurred once Nike reproduced the trainers, consistent with the padding/ribbon laces of the lunar 1.

as covered previously, the closest laces others have discovered are 45" new balance laces. achieve: http://www.newbalance.com/Athletic-Oval-Lace/ATOV,default,pd.html

it seems the extra padding and ribbon laces are the two modifications that occurred once Nike reproduced the trainers, consistent with the padding/ribbon laces of the lunar 1.

as covered previously, the closest laces others have discovered are 45" new balance laces. achieve: http://www.newbalance.com/Athletic-Oval-Lace/ATOV,default,pd.html
Hey thanks for the reply.

I knew about the padding already but the ribbon laces were a let down, thanks for the link (Y).

Hey thanks for the reply.

I knew about the padding already but the ribbon laces were a let down, thanks for the link (Y).

that seems to be the general consensus. I think it's just a way for the production to be streamlined and more cost-effective. sort of makes the OG trainers more coveted. to me at least

The padded Flyknit's were discovered back in February when I purchased the black/white FK Trainers from Run.com. They came with the ugly flat laces.

I believe they used these flat laces because they are actually really good at staying tied during runs.

The padded Flyknit's were discovered back in February when I purchased the black/white FK Trainers from Run.com. They came with the ugly flat laces.

I believe they used these flat laces because they are actually really good at staying tied during runs.

Yep. When these first came out, people complained that the laces didn't stay tied and that they would get ankle blisters due to minimal padding. Now, we have extra padding and laces that stay tied and people complain.

This situation is completely aesthetic vs. functional though. Honestly, there isn't much of a difference other than the laces.

Yep. When these first came out, people complained that the laces didn't stay tied and that they would get ankle blisters due to minimal padding. Now, we have extra padding and laces that stay tied and people complain.

This situation is completely aesthetic vs. functional though. Honestly, there isn't much of a difference other than the laces.

Completely agree, I have the Volts in a 9.5 and the Black/White (padded) in 9.5. Both feel the same to me after breaking them in.

My two pairs finally arrived today, and these look just as sick as they do online. These are my very first pairs of Flyknits and was curious about the sizing so I went with the consensus here and stuck with my true size. After trying these on they feel very, I mean very snug. I fill in the entire shoe with no room to move with socks and get just a few millimeters of room barefooted.

Would these break in over time after a few wears or would I be better off returning these and getting a 1/2 size up? (Pretty bummed out now that I can't exchange sizes for the white pair since nearly all larger sizes have sold out on NDC)[/SIZE=4]

t

My two pairs finally arrived today, and these look just as sick as they do online. These are my very first pairs of Flyknits and was curious about the sizing so I went with the consensus here and stuck with my true size. After trying these on they feel very, I mean very snug. I fill in the entire shoe with no room to move with socks and get just a few millimeters of room barefooted.

Would these break in over time after a few wears or would I be better off returning these and getting a 1/2 size up? (Pretty bummed out now that I can't exchange sizes for the white pair since nearly all larger sizes have sold out on NDC)[/SIZE=4]

they'll loosen up the more you wear them. and form to your foot. I recently worked out in a new pair and they were super stiff- no hibbert- in comparison to my normal. congrats on joining the crew, err, collective!

Does anyone have any restock info on the white/black trainers? Sorry i just started looking at flyknits and the white/black pair caught my eye

Back
Top Bottom