OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
 Originally Posted by EasyCo  

Hey fellas wassup.  Quick question for you all flyknit fans.  Whats the difference between the Racers and Trainers?
I have run in both the Racers and Trainers so I'm hoping my opinion can be of some help to you. Below are the more differences that I feel really set the two apart.

Racers:

More narrow in the heel and midfoot

Zoom unit in the forefoot ideal for midfoot and forefoot strikers

Save these for race day

Although not noticeably lighter, it is lighter than the Trainer

Trainers

Zoom unit in the forefoot and heel- more functional for everyday training and casual wear

A bit wider in the heel and midfoot

Dynamic flywire through the upper was more supportive/ maybe due to what seems like more dense knitting on the upper- particularly in the midfoot area

It should be noted that both the Racer and Trainer are made for those with a normal/moderate arch. Pronators and supinators beware, both shoes don't have built in support like many gait specific runners. Best for neutral runners. Also, both have very thin tread on the outsole.

Hope this helps.

Torn between ordering a pair of Lunars or Trainers+ (zoom air heel and forefoot ..sounds lovely)

Decisionzzzzzzzzzz! :rolleyes

Anyone have both and can say whether they like one > the other?

NDC still has a FSR on the MC Trainers, unless your getting a CRAZY deal for those..

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/flyknit-trainer-unisex-running-shoe/pid-724317/pgid-582109
Wish they had a 10.5 though.
mean.gif
You and i both. Supposed to be a restock comin tho.

Torn between ordering a pair of Lunars or Trainers+ (zoom air heel and forefoot ..sounds lovely)

Decisionzzzzzzzzzz!
eyes.gif

Comfort wise I'd say lunars. Looks wise, trainers. It all depends on your preference.
what he said. haven't tried out lunars 2, but lunars 1 is one of the most comfortable shoe i ever worn along with flyknit chukka. trainer is still comfortable but sole is firmer. lunar has crazy amount of cushion, like walking on pillows. since i wear it casually with jeans/khakis, lunar doesn't look right for me. i own all 3 type and have about 20+ pairs between them so i'm speaking from experience comfort wise.

Last edited:

I was on the same boat as you not too long ago. I used to think Lunarglide5's were the most comfortable shoes until I started wearing the Lunar1's more and more. Then came across Racers and Trainers. I really enjoy the Racers coz they are so lightweight and looks are great. The trainers are okay lookwise but they don't do too much for me comfortwise. I do enjoy the mc colorway that's why it's the only one I have right now. I have 2 Racers and 13 Lunar1's.

So the best thing to do is pick up one of each and try them all side by side and see which one you like best. It'll be different for each person. You can always return whatever you don't like. Good luck. :smile:

Flyknit Lunar definitely the way to go in terms of an everyday trainer. Unbelievable comfort. The multicolor and the newer "heather" cw's are sick.

so since i got my black white trainers in the 8, i am putting my 7.5s up for sale if anyone is interested!

If you're looking for running shoes go lunars. It's not even close.
If you're just looking for a trainer or casual wear, trainers are fine. I've used my trainers and racers for running and they perform well, but the lunars are way more comfortable, especially for long runs.

I suggest you go with the trainers. I have 5 pairs of flyknits so far, 2 pairs of trainers.

The lunars are nice dont get me wrong, but the trainer is just so perfect for humans.

By the way for all of you looking for mc trainers we just got TONS of them here in toronto for the first time. Call in to the vaughn nike factory to see if you can get some phone orders in. Theyre 130$ right now i believe, got my pair in store two days ago

By the way for all of you looking for mc trainers we just got TONS of them here in toronto for the first time. Call in to the vaughn nike factory to see if you can get some phone orders in. Theyre 130$ right now i believe, got my pair in store two days ago

good looking out, but i really doubt that nike outlet will ship to the majority of users in the thread who are in the States

Anyone know places (onlne, maybe around their city's) that might still have Total Orange Racers? I'm in the market for a pair.

Just copped my first pair of flyknits, the gray/black racers on ndc. I will use them for running as well, but I also got them for casual wear because they look dope...should this be fine or do I really want to only be usin them for running

Back
Top Bottom