OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
seems like this isn't a popular colorway but I like that the volt is subdued with the grey. does anyone know when this colorway came out?
That volt / grey colorway came out about a year ago when Nike switched over to padded trainers from the original unpadded version. It is one of the first new colorways to release in the padded format. Like you've mentioned, It just wasn't a popular colorway and have been sitting in the sale section for quite some time now.

There is actually a sample of that colorway in the unpadded version which was only a prototype. The official release are all padded.

Last edited:
Those who still need to be added, contact me on fb to ID yourself and I will add. Include your NT name as well.

10x better without the black padding. Someone wanna sell me this promo version? :smile:
That volt / grey colorway came out about a year ago when Nike switched over to padded trainers from the original unpadded version. It is one of the first new colorways to release in the padded format. Like you've mentioned, It just wasn't a popular colorway and have been sitting in the sale section for quite some time now.

There is actually a sample of that colorway in the unpadded version which was only a prototype. The official release are all padded.

interesting. repped for the info! I think it's a clean colorway and am happy I got them for $90. if the entire shoe was volt it would def sell out. where does the shoe have padding? newb question. this is my first flyknit trainer.

interesting. repped for the info! I think it's a clean colorway and am happy I got them for $90. if the entire shoe was volt it would def sell out. where does the shoe have padding? newb question. this is my first flyknit trainer.
Originally the trainers did not have padding in the heel area and had oval laces. Due to complaints (heel bruising and laces being untied easily) Nike added padding and switched the laces to the flat ribbon ones.

Some colorways were only released unpadded, some only padded, and others both
laugh.gif

Originally the trainers did not have padding in the heel area and had oval laces. Due to complaints (heel bruising and laces being untied easily) Nike added padding and switched the laces to the flat ribbon ones.

Some colorways were only released unpadded, some only padded, and others both :lol:
good to know. repped! I'm giving away reps like Oprah gives away houses. haha. aesthetically, no padding is nicer but I don't want heel bruising. sounds like it hurts.

The addition of the padding is found on the ankle collar. I've included a comparison photo. Pictured are the left shoes of 2 different pairs of this same colorway. The shoe on the left is the original unpadded version and the right shoe is the newer padded model. Off the bat, you can notice the right shoe is 'thicker' around the ankle area.

Last edited:
hey guys. was hoping to get some advice. i just sold a pair of flyknits to a guy via paypal, but his name looked familiar. i checked back and it turns out it was this guy who filed a non-receipt against me and he won the dispute and got refunded about 3 months ago. i didn't have signature confirmation on it (my fault) and it was $250 so i lost. he claims he didn't receive and that the mailman might've delivered to the wrong office since his confirmed address is at his work place. the address is confirmed though and of course this time i will put signature confirmation, but i am skeptical if i should even sell to him again, because i'm not sure if he scammed me before.. he was sincere in his messages, but who knows. i just want to make sure i'm safe, don't want to be out another $250+. any opinions would be appreciated! i have another buyer, but the first guy already paid and everything, which was when i realized who it was.

hey guys. was hoping to get some advice. i just sold a pair of flyknits to a guy via paypal, but his name looked familiar. i checked back and it turns out it was this guy who filed a non-receipt against me and he won the dispute and got refunded about 3 months ago. i didn't have signature confirmation on it (my fault) and it was $250 so i lost. he claims he didn't receive and that the mailman might've delivered to the wrong office since his confirmed address is at his work place. the address is confirmed though and of course this time i will put signature confirmation, but i am skeptical if i should even sell to him again, because i'm not sure if he scammed me before.. he was sincere in his messages, but who knows. i just want to make sure i'm safe, don't want to be out another $250+. any opinions would be appreciated! i have another buyer, but the first guy already paid and everything, which was when i realized who it was.

Don't do it.. Prob another scam from the same person

if I were you, I'd refund the money he sent you and sell to the other buyer. if you have any type of doubt, don't do it. nothing beats piece of mind.

Don't do it.. Prob another scam from the same person
if I were you, I'd refund the money he sent you and sell to the other buyer. if you have any type of doubt, don't do it. nothing beats piece of mind.
Thanks guys. repped! The thing is, his eBay account has 600+ ratings and 100%. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. Going to issue the refund now. Thanks for the quick responses!!

Last edited:

Thanks guys. repped! The thing is, his eBay account has 600+ ratings and 100%. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. Going to issue the refund now. Thanks for the quick responses!!
To be completely honest, in this day and age it is VERY rare for packages to get lost in transit even if you didn't buy tracking on it. So I would agree with everyone above and say stay away from the guy. There must be a reason he is coming back to try to buy from you again.

Came up on these at the nike outlet at great mall in my beloved size 9.5. They also have a FSR of the turquoise trainer all other outlets are getting. My boy who works there said to wait it out for the extra 20% in the future because they have a ton more in the back.

As for other racers and trainers, someone snagged the purple racer from there a couple days ago. Other than that, didn't see much as else aside from Lunars and free run flyknits

Who do you know that works there?

Alright guys.  Done with the PMs.  Don't send any more.  

To join the group, message us through the FB group with your NT handle.  Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm taking a break from hunting the rest of my hit list of trainers/racers, and gonna order some of the Volt/Gray trainers on clearance on NDC with the intent on customizing them. 

Obviously a sloppy photoshop job, but you get the idea..
What do you guys think would be better? Just a black swoosh, everything else OG? Or should I paint the gray midsole line and heel tab black as well? 
Also debating on painting the tongue black, but it might throw the balance of the shoe off, if that makes sense.

Also planning on getting some rope laces to replace the ribbon laces, just so it looks a little more unique. 

perhaps paint the tongue black and add black laces too

So i got my Oreos in this week and I thought they would have a more uniform stitch to the shoe or the toe box at least much like the Lucids but I'm guessing everyone else's looks like this?

So i got my Oreos in this week and I thought they would have a more uniform stitch to the shoe or the toe box at least much like the Lucids but I'm guessing everyone else's looks like this?
Correct. The weave is not symmetrical. I prefer it like that though, loads more interesting to look at.

Correct. The weave is not symmetrical. I prefer it like that though, loads more interesting to look at.

I agree gives it more character. Thanks man. I've been on roshes for awhile but ever since I bought my first pair of flyknits I can't get enough of them.

I agree gives it more character. Thanks man. I've been on roshes for awhile but ever since I bought my first pair of flyknits I can't get enough of them.
Welcome to the family. Roshes are nice, but the flyknits are on another level.

^^^ Yeah Dope Factory is legit.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if you can ask FedEx to deliver at a later time? I have a package coming that requires a signature but they usually deliver around noon and no one will be home. I'd rather have them deliver around 6-7pm so I can be there to sign for it instead of driving all the way out to the shipping center. Gonna give them a call at lunch but I figured I'd ask beforehand.

I usually get lucky and do a hold at fed ex location 5 mins from my house. Sometimes their route is weird tho and I have to go and pick them up at another location. Beats waiting for that notice.
If anyone's girl is size 5.5 or 6 (in mens) there are two pairs of OG "Sequoia" Trainers sitting at the Johnson Creek clearance store in Wisconsin.

Nike-Flyknit-Trainer+-Black-Sequoia.jpg

Never forget how they played me when those originally hit Johnsons Creek, lol.

Found some nice thin socks while at Walmart the other night. Basically no show.
Trainers are fire. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom