OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Hey guys! Has anyone experienced going half a size down on Flyknit Trainer+'s (such as tight toebox, etc)? Or is it really necessary to go tts?

Also I recently found a couple of local sellers where one is selling the trainers but half a size down, and a tts Free Flyknit 4.0. Performance-wise, which of the two (the trainers and the free 4.0) would you guys prefer? I really wanted those trainers, but I'm a bit concerned with going half a size down. 

Appreciate your thoughts on these :smile: Thanks

Edit: Not sure if I should be asking here, thought this was the general flyknit forum thread 
Edit 2: Btw both models are MC's :wink:

Last edited:
i have no idea how you guys are managing your flyknit collection but i'm out of room for these boxes haha. quick shot of my racers from IG

Wth. I would do $200 for Lucids. I'm very impatient though, so I don't really care if I can get them cheaper in the future lol.

Hey guys! Has anyone experienced going half a size down on Flyknit Trainer+'s (such as tight toebox, etc)? Or is it really necessary to go tts?

Also I recently found a couple of local sellers where one is selling the trainers but half a size down, and a tts Free Flyknit 4.0. Performance-wise, which of the two (the trainers and the free 4.0) would you guys prefer? I really wanted those trainers, but I'm a bit concerned with going half a size down. 

Appreciate your thoughts on these :smile: Thanks

Edit: Not sure if I should be asking here, thought this was the general flyknit forum thread 

Edit 2: Btw both models are MC's :wink:

The free flyknit 4.0 is in a whole different class compared the flyknit trainers. Flyknit trainers have the built in zoom air. Free flyknits obviously have the free sole. It depends on the person's preference. I own all kinda of flyknits out there. I run in my lunar 1s but I have an 8.5 Free flyknit 4.0 ( i usually wear 9 in all my flyknits). At first, the free flyknits were VERY TIGHT. however they did somewhat stretch out and conformed to my foot. Theyre comfortable but I still prefer to run in my lunars. As for running in trainers, it's alright. Probably ran once in them and that's about it.

As for sizing down on trainers, I highly suggest to NOT do that. I used to have an 8.5 in black trainers and it didnt work out. I could fit my feet in them but I was rolling my ankle occasionally when I was wearing them. So I went with my usual size which is a 9.

I hope I helped you answer your questions.

The free flyknit 4.0 is in a whole different class compared the flyknit trainers. Flyknit trainers have the built in zoom air. Free flyknits obviously have the free sole. It depends on the person's preference. I own all kinda of flyknits out there. I run in my lunar 1s but I have an 8.5 Free flyknit 4.0 ( i usually wear 9 in all my flyknits). At first, the free flyknits were VERY TIGHT. however they did somewhat stretch out and conformed to my foot. Theyre comfortable but I still prefer to run in my lunars. As for running in trainers, it's alright. Probably ran once in them and that's about it.

As for sizing down on trainers, I highly suggest to NOT do that. I used to have an 8.5 in black trainers and it didnt work out. I could fit my feet in them but I was rolling my ankle occasionally when I was wearing them. So I went with my usual size which is a 9.

I hope I helped you answer your questions.
Yes, appreciate your input! I've read about the flyknit material stretching but seems like the problem then in sizing down would be the outsole. I've also read about durability issues on the Free 4.0's so that's why I was having second thoughts about them. 

Will reconsider the Lunar 2's or even the Racers. Thanks! :D 

Yes, appreciate your input! I've read about the flyknit material stretching but seems like the problem then in sizing down would be the outsole. I've also read about durability issues on the Free 4.0's so that's why I was having second thoughts about them. 

Will reconsider the Lunar 2's or even the Racers. Thanks! :D 

I better get rep'd from the response i put out. LOL

But yeah. Pickup the lunar 2s for running. Some say they are worse than the lunar 1s but I personally think that its a huge step up. The annoying tongue from the lunar 1s has been fixed. More support too. Don't cop the free flyknits lol.

:lol:

Exactly why I don't own em anymore.... Either way, dope shoe while they're crispy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom