OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
We have had this debate before. If you're doing it for aesthetic reasons, the only negative is that you may change your mind on how it looks after. I cut the volt of my gray/volt and loved them.

If you run in them, then you may ruin the integrity/support that the flywire provides in locking your foot down. If you wear them casually like most people on here, then you don't have anything to worry about.

footlocker tanforan received their shipment. Didn't have my 8.5 
mean.gif

Not feeling the volt flywire in this iteration. Black tongue in early 2015 pretty much hit the nail on the head for that color way.

are there any negatives to the shoe after cutting the flywire?

If you plan to run in them, you'll lose the extra lock-down.

We have had this debate before. If you're doing it for aesthetic reasons, the only negative is that you may change your mind on how it looks after. I cut the volt of my gray/volt and loved them.

If you run in them, then you may ruin the integrity/support that the flywire provides in locking your foot down. If you wear them casually like most people on here, then you don't have anything to worry about.

EXACTLY.

If you're not running in them, they'll feel pretty much the same. I'll be doing it for aesthetics because I'm partial to the stealth look. 8)

Last edited:
If anyone will be cutting the volt flywire, please post before and after pics. Would like to see the change.

If anyone will be cutting the volt flywire, please post before and after pics. Would like to see the change.

I know it's not the FKR, but they both have that contrasting Volt Flywire :rolleyes

Stock:

Snipped:

I only wear these for casual wear, and I honestly can't feel a difference from my other intact FK Chukkas. They just look a lot sleeker now, IMO. :smokin

Last edited:
Good to hear people dont want the new black and whites. I didnt get the original ones so these will have to do. I dont mind the volt flywire but would prefer em without it and i might end up cutting em since people are saying you wont feel a difference if you wear em casually which is what i do. I even wear em loose where i can just slip em on and off. You guys think these will hit discount at some point?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but for those who want to cut the volt flywire, could you not just take a sharpie marker and let the ink bleed through the flywire?  Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Grabbed my pair from HOH Northpark in Dallas.

I might be one of the few that actually likes the volt on these.

What you guys think of the volt flywire on the new BW? I dont remember the originals having that
How do Racers fit? I ordered a size 11 because 10.5 ran out. I wear size 10.5 in Flyknit Lunar 2,3 and size 10.5 in Adidas Ultraboost. Will they even fit me or will I have to find someone to size swap to a 10.5?
I normally wear a 9.5 but a sz 10 racer fit me fine. I have wider feet though

Last edited:
What's fair value for a pair of white/black racers (black tongue)? They are a 9/10 condition. Thank you! I don't like using eBay as a reference since everything on there is hiked up for fees.

Anyone? I totaled my car three weeks ago and a bunch of my favorite shoes were in there. I thought I could never part with them, but being without them for three weeks makes me realize I'm not as attached as I thought I was. Any help would be appreciated. Just trying to give my friend a fair price.

Anyone? I totaled my car three weeks ago and a bunch of my favorite shoes were in there. I thought I could never part with them, but being without them for three weeks makes me realize I'm not as attached as I thought I was. Any help would be appreciated. Just trying to give my friend a fair price.

Use eBay as a reference and find the average price they're actually selling for. Then subract 10% from the total to counteract the fees

Last edited:
Thanks to the Nt fam as soon as I read y'all were seeing these pop up I rushed to my footlocker
Asked for the black and whites and both the employees thought I was talking about Oreo 2.0
She's comes out the back and says she has these and my face lit up

I actually like the volt flywire. I have a feeling these are gonna be just as available as the oreos so kinda regret not waiting to see if it goes on discount

The new Black/White with Volt looks pretty good.  Almost rushed over to my FTL to grab a pair but I'll just wait for them to drop on RRS or any other site with a discount code.  Got too many racers and no time to wear them now anyway.

Might have to grab a pair of the b/w's. So these have been popping up in state now? Gonna replace my og white tongues w/these.

Back
Top Bottom