OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
oreo 2.0 sz 9 dried up in market
where can i find em besides FL store?

Grailed.com , eBay, or other online places with resellers. You could have Nike try and stock locate them for you online... They might have them at an outlet somewhere in that size. I would say though, that if you see them at your local footlocker, just get em while you can.

best way to find out is try both.. if you don't have a NikeTown or Nike Running store nearby that don't stock the Epic, buy a pair on NDC and return if they don't meet your expectations.. I personally haven't tried them on myself but I'm not too worried about UB vs Epic.. tried UB a few diff times and they're just not for me.. I have found what works for me with my swaps.. I am however looking forward to the Epic lows and a few other new flyknit upper pairs that are coming out this year..
Btw, Nike will let you test out the shoe for 30 days. If you don't like it then return within 30 days from purchase date.

Guys I'm new to the FK Racers. I have just bought my first pair - the Neo Turquoise / Fire&Ice reissue having been hunting the original for a while. I love the shoe, it's a real work of art.

Can anyone tell me if the technology of the racer has changed at all since it was first launched? I understand that materials used might differ over time slightly as cheaper ways of making the shoe emerge, but I am interested to hear about any tangible differences specifically affecting comfort.

Any insight appreciated.

Guys I'm new to the FK Racers. I have just bought my first pair - the Neo Turquoise / Fire&Ice reissue having been hunting the original for a while. I love the shoe, it's a real work of art.

Can anyone tell me if the technology of the racer has changed at all since it was first launched? I understand that materials used might differ over time slightly as cheaper ways of making the shoe emerge, but I am interested to hear about any tangible differences specifically affecting comfort.

Any insight appreciated.

They changed the string from a cotton knit to a polyester knit about a year and a half ago. Some say it feels like there is more cushioning in the shoe... But I don't think so.

Yeah those MC1s look like a carbon copy of the OG. The lighting is terrible so it just looks darker.

They changed the string from a cotton knit to a polyester knit about a year and a half ago. Some say it feels like there is more cushioning in the shoe... But I don't think so.

Flyknit has always been made from polyester knit.

Last edited:

Any insight appreciated.

Having owned a lot of Racers from the early colorways like Total Orange to the newer rereleases, I don't notice any tangible difference in terms of tech other than a change of materials. The change of material may have made the fit a bit different (tighter) in the new releases but I personally haven't experienced it.

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only thing I'd like to see are newer good colorways especially in the older color block pattern.

It also looks like the toungue is gray instead of Black.

It could be the lighting though.
i think the tongues are grey because thee looks like a contrast against the black laces. i aint really mad at it but it is something that caught my eye

Having owned a lot of Racers from the early colorways like Total Orange to the newer rereleases, I don't notice any tangible difference in terms of tech other than a change of materials. The change of material may have made the fit a bit different (tighter) in the new releases but I personally haven't experienced it.

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only thing I'd like to see are newer good colorways especially in the older color block pattern.
Thanks gents. Whilst the level of comfort offered has not blown me away, the design is stunning.

I am very happy to have picked up the reissue to start my collection with.

Oh yea you guys are right about the tongues. I was more so looking at the weaves. The grey tongue looks terrible though :lol:. I guess Nike has been alluding to the "Dark Grey" in the color code for a long time now.

Oh yea you guys are right about the tongues. I was more so looking at the weaves. The grey tongue looks terrible though :lol:. I guess Nike has been alluding to the "Dark Grey" in the color code for a long time now.
yeah it's kinda weird when looking at it but I'll gladly take them over having to pay resale on MC1s lol

Yeah it's nothing a little paint can't fix anyway. Here are my sample MC Lunar1s with the grey tongue painted black:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom