OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

well i haven't check this thread in a minute but now that it's getting close to rd for the "olympic" colorway i'm  reading that these are gonna be limited ?? wow well i guess i will be calling my local mall stores tomorrow to find out if anybody is gonna have them or ndc it is and i haven't been to lucky with them lately so see what happens

It's stupid for them to not initially think that they were not going to release his sig shoe with an OLY cw. Dude is easily top 3 player in the NBA, made it to the Finals, is playing in the Olympics, plus his shoe design is top 1 this year. Nike make these things limited willingly.

With all that said why wasn't he made an Elite version then? Hmmmm....

USA's are on the way from kicks-crew. Shipped on Monday so guessing they will be here tomorrow or Friday. Keep hope alive on these. If k-c had them once then they usually have a restock with a price hike but at least not insane reseller prices.

One reason being that the elite version would definitely at least double the price of the shoe. Which as we know goes against what he wants. But I did hear rumors of Nike developing an elite version after the others released. Interesting nonetheless.

cuz he always said he wanted his shoes to be under 100 so people could afford it. he couldnt afford j's and other 150 shoes when he was young, he has the average hard working families in mind for his shoe.

I've heard that SELECTIVE Champs locations will be getting the USA's and I think the same for FootLocker. I feel bad for the Bay Area not getting any of these
mean.gif
It really sucks to collect sneakers in the Bay... no campouts and they get left out on releases like this.... My sneaker career will plummet when I move back out there...
Then they wonder why people don't act civil anymore on releases when we do get **** out here in the Bay. 14 pairs for thousands of heads and the security at Serramonte is the worst. Bunch of ******* who have there favorite resellers that they usually try to help to make sure they get there pairs instead of letting us heads lineup in advance so that the internet reselling ****** don't take our sizes and try to sell back to us for double the retail cost. Im just venting but damn its tuff out here now days with RSVP and raffles makes you want to quit sometimes. Best days are long behind us, when we used to be able to put our backs to the wall over near the recycling building. 

cuz he always said he wanted his shoes to be under 100 so people could afford it. he couldnt afford j's and other 150 shoes when he was young, he has the average hard working families in mind for his shoe.

Yeah thats why the KD V will be under $100...:smh:

One reason being that the elite version would definitely at least double the price of the shoe. Which as we know goes against what he wants. But I did hear rumors of Nike developing an elite version after the others released. Interesting nonetheless.

You don't know what an Elite version would've done to the pricing. I don't even see a portion on the shoe that would've been drastically improved with more expensive material. I doubt Nike cared much about the pricing of an Elite version considering next years model will be over $100 retail.

What is crazy to me about this being a limited release is not even the kids can get his shoe. When I was growing up I always wanted the shoes the players were wearing but all this limited stuff gives them no chance either. I'm done with the KD IV after I cop the Easters, Rogues and YOTD. Wanted the ST about as much as I wanted the N7 but that didn't materialize! Oh well

I've been extremely salty about not copping the ST's, but I just got hooked up pretty nicely on a pair of YOTD's BNIB in the elusive size 13.5 :smokin Not too bad, but still need those ST's....I sold a pair of Lebron Elites to clear some cash and I got outbid on ebay....You guys think these prices are going to rise or fall in the next few weeks? Any hope for copping in London or Munich? Heading over there on the 3rd....

Last edited:
I've heard that SELECTIVE Champs locations will be getting the USA's and I think the same for FootLocker. I feel bad for the Bay Area not getting any of these
mean.gif
It really sucks to collect sneakers in the Bay... no campouts and they get left out on releases like this.... My sneaker career will plummet when I move back out there...
Its been hard out here in the Bay lately that is for sure. Serramonte Mall security been acting like ******* making HOH raffle every release now. We losing NTSF in a while for the remodeling supposedly. Camping was fun thats were you get to meet heads who had the same luv as you for a sneaker and nothing better then being #1 in line knowing all them resellers are behind you so you get your size and pay retail. RSVP & raffles are f'ing this up for the old timers. These kids probably luv that crap tho.

You don't know what an Elite version would've done to the pricing. I don't even see a portion on the shoe that would've been drastically improved with more expensive material. I doubt Nike cared much about the pricing of an Elite version considering next years model will be over $100 retail.

Actually you can make a pretty accurate guess on where the pricing would fall. The three elites- LBJ, KB, and Hyperdunks all retailed over $200. The reasoning being the better materials used in their construction (i.e. Carbon fiber/ hyperfuse/ etc.) Just take KB's sig for example, it has a very similar construction to the KD both being lowtops utilizing roughly the same amount of materials. Just my take on that.

i agree they need to change it up so everyone can get a fair shake at getting them then maybe just maybe the resellers wont be able to jack the price up as high as they do.  Its getting crazy when i see people bidding on a fake pair of lebron 9's year of the dragon for 300 bucks on ebay.  I could tell they were fake by little details on the shoes when i zoomed in on the pics.   smh

thats raw!   i wouldnt wear them.  Those are gonna be worth some serious cash in the future say 10 to 15 years from now.  Put those in a glass case like the ones you see autographed basketballs in.

Back
Top Bottom