OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Missed out on USA's...no sweat. I'll get the Kobe VII's for cheap later, all good. I'll try for Gold Medals, but not stressing if I miss out too...& Finally got my ST's in...LOVE THEM!

plus my top 6 KD IV's...also have aways, tour yellows & team orange. Given up on Rogue's for around retail, but will ID creamsicles & a dark green/volt colorway later this summer:

-Pete

Pete- good looking the socks came in. Just came back from a little trip and been busy with work so I didn't even realize the package.

Wore the N7 to hit the M&N store to cop some matching tanks

just saw a dude on ebay is selling the usa's and st's for 899.99 buy it now or best offer

very seriously considering making a new account and offering those people retail and including a message with it kindly asking them to go die
if you don't like them enough to keep them, be a good person and let somebody that really wants them get them for a realistic price

If I would have known the USAs would be this rare I would have cleared my schedule thursday and camped for the RSVP.

Easy 150 dollar profit. >D

Oh well on to the next one.

Only reason these was limited was because of the $95 price tag. Nike makes little profit off these compared to kb and lbj line. Why would they widely produce a $95 sneaker for it to hit outlets for 60-70. Kobe and lebron USAs will clearance out at 95-100 lol. It's the same reason KD didn't get an "elite" shoe. Nike hates letting these go at $95 as it is, might as well not produce as many.

Nycposite: Nice, glad you got them ok. & damn...forgot about the 50% off sale too...I wanted a few pieces for cheap, dope pickups.

Thanks guys, ASG's are the only ones I didn't get for retail. I got them for $185 shipped from ebay the day after they released. Worn 7x already and still look great, gotta clean the soles after every wear.

UT's are worn the most for me...such a simple but well done colorway, love that burnt orange. Got lucky with those for $56 when NDC had them and the aways up for that restock clearance in June.

Just wore homes to work, would love another pair for cheap.

-Pete

Nice pics Pete. I still need those ASGs and I won't give up, I just won't pay the insane prices. Pics of my iDs coming soon.

Only reason these was limited was because of the $95 price tag. Nike makes little profit off these compared to kb and lbj line. Why would they widely produce a $95 sneaker for it to hit outlets for 60-70. Kobe and lebron USAs will clearance out at 95-100 lol. It's the same reason KD didn't get an "elite" shoe. Nike hates letting these go at $95 as it is, might as well not produce as many.

You do know that with materials and labor the cost of manufacturing a shoe like these are probably $25 at the most per pair. There was a study about the VC shox and how they cost something like $9 a pair to make but retailed for almost 13x that.

Nike can afford it, they just like creating the hype and people who miss out on kicks may settle for another release, try to iD a pair, or go buy another Nike shoe.

Also, KD didn't want an elite pair because of his principle of keeping his signature kicks affordable and vehemently told Nike to keep them under $100. They made elites for KD, but he chose not to wear them...

Last edited:
I don't see the purpose of having affordable kicks, but you have to jump through hoops or get lucky just to get them. Most of the ones releasing lately are so limited they're going for at least double. A parent can't buy their child some KD's, because they can't afford or don't want to buy the latest Jordan.

Going for double as a re-seller, yes. But certain colorways are not affordable. Not the kicks in general. You could have gone on eastbay and gotten a pair of the black/red, black/orange, black/blue, black/greens for $79.99 a little over a month ago. Yes, the Rogues, Tour Yellows, and other variations (creamsicles, N7s, etc) were hard to acquire, but they still retailed at $95. And I'm not saying that is necessarily affordable, but compared to Kobes and LeBrons, since I am talking about SIGNATURE kicks, they are much much much more affordable. A discounted pair of KDs could allow you to buy 2 pairs for 1 retail pair of LeBrons.

And let's be honest: I don't think Nike anticipated, when they first released the IV, that the hype would surmount to what it is today. The 3's were nice, but they were nowhere near the level of interest generated from the IV. Keeping kicks limited in release generates hype, because whether you get them or not, they get hyped to that level of "wow these are hard to get, I must try to get them." If everyone could just walk in and cop, some people probably wouldn't, and as sad as that it (hypebeasts, I'm referencing you) you have to believe that some kicks are simply copped because not everyone wants to do what it takes to cop them.

So I see your point, I'm just giving my opinion.

Word on the street is that today's QS release was only a sample hype release by Nike. The KD IV USA will be more widely available to other retailers that also carried the Kobe and LeBron USA cw. Other NikeTowns and Nike Stores and HoH should get their shipments in before the Olympics are over. Online retailers like Eastbay should be getting them in also. NDC will have a FSR restock in huge quantities in the coming 1-2 weeks.
This is a GR cw and the production dates prove that more pairs were made than that "QS/ limited" tag. :nerd:
DON'T BUY INTO THE HYPE. :smh:
DON'T BUY FROM RESELLERS. :smh::x
SHAME ON NIKE AND SHAME ON PEOPLE WHO PAY ABOVE RETAIL + tax & shipping on these. :smh:
KEEP IT MOVING.

"word on the street" :smh:

THIS IS 100% FALSE. I can't believe some dude is going to get on here and post stuff like this with no way to back it up? You guys know I have an inside with the KD camp.... THESE ARENT GOING TO RESTOCK IN MASSES.

Missed out on USA's...no sweat. I'll get the Kobe VII's for cheap later, all good. I'll try for Gold Medals, but not stressing if I miss out too...& Finally got my ST's in...LOVE THEM!

plus my top 6 KD IV's...also have aways, tour yellows & team orange. Given up on Rogue's for around retail, but will ID creamsicles & a dark green/volt colorway later this summer:

-Pete

Nice collection.

anybody know if these are gonna be the same situation as the kd 4 usa and be "limited"??
I called my HoH a couple days before the ST's came out and the chick there told me every KD release will be limited and I didn't believe her because I was like no way the Olympics will be limited and sure enough they were.. Expect the Gold Medals to be even more limited than ST's.

Really glad I was able to get through on NDC can't wait for these bad boys to get here. Got the Bron USAs and the KD USAs and just need that Kobe USA with the gold swoosh and I'm good

Back
Top Bottom