OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Watermelon / [possible] Christmas KD V is dope :smokin

These are :x :smokin if those are the Christmas Colors

The GR OKC color is nice too.

Last edited:
REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD!
PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE. IT'S A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS...OR EVEN JUST TO SHIP. THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS FROM A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP.
EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT ASK OR OFFER SOMEONE TO USE A SWOOSH/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.
IT'S A VIOLATION SINCE YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO PAY/ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM SOMEONE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS.
(PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE OUT, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE.​
 ​
POSTING ONLINE DISCOUNT CODES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

Not a huge fan of the "hyperfuse" like higher cut, but I dig the simplicity and the swoosh placement. Like the contrasting lace loops with one color and more of another. I agree that the watermelon color is "unique" and likely will be had if not impossible to locate. To me its an improvement on the KD4 Mint/easter which I didn't cop myself but did grab for my son in 5y.
If I had to compare this shoe from what I have seen so far to another in the line I would say it reminds me in some ways of the 3. Not terribly unique or flashy on its own but will be great likely performance wise or improved on the 4- like the 3 was to the 2, and great in certain colorways.... See the KD3 Orioles, ********, etc...
I plan on tapering off ( say this darn near every year ) on bball shoes(kobes, brons, and KDs) quite a bit this year and into next but certain cws will likely have to be submitted to- including but not limited to the "watermelon-esque" as well as the 'linens". I am sure there will some banans ASG, Holiday, and Tribute CWs as well. I probably won' t be able to follow through on my "promise" to myself to stick with primarily old school trainers and such. BTW, all that will be on my feet for next few months are an occasional KD4(texas, away, entourage) and Trainer 1 Cholors(my first love). Hopefully the KD5 squeaks into the rotation by xmas time.
Good to see most of you regulars in here once again- Brandon, Dean, Will, ReppinVA, etc.. sure I missed someone. See you all in the coming months in here as releases approach. May be a good time to start an informal "club/team" and go the Twitter route since I am not Facebook cool/eligible.:smh:
Thanks for the shout..someone should start a club..go for it.

More pics via Nice Kicks, _steezuschrist
Damn..just woke up..seen these pics..and i know ima have a good day. I really love how Leo and KD switched it up (no strap, exterior heel counter, and a higher cut with visible heel air.) KD said last year that he wanted to give "air " a try. Since he is wearing a knee brace..i wonder if he needed that extra impact protection. Personally ive always loved this set-up..zoom up front for the explosive/quick moves and air in back for that heel strike whether running or landing from a jump. The Blue Chips were comfy, the KD1´s were a really good shoe too. I cant wait to play in these.

Have to say after seeing those pictures I am excited. It's simple and clean and with the right colors it will be very nice. I don't too much going on, just give me some solid colorways and I will be happy. I picked up the IVs that I wanted (save the ASG which I gave up on) so I am ready to move on to these.

So Im guessing the Elites will be lows according to the tweet KD sent to J.R. Smith

I just want to see the homes, maybe that colorway will make me see the appeal of these. Aways do nothing for me

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone caught the twitter exchange between KD and JR Smith, but KD said he's going back to lows for the playoffs :nerd:

Last edited:
I def. dig the Homes more for its subtlety because it doesn't have the blue midsole/heel cup like the Aways.

Back
Top Bottom