OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Area 51 is the "Alien Place" in New Mexico, not Area 72.

Regardless, I'm interested to see what the story behind this shoe is.

Not sure if posted, but my footlocker is handing out tix for the Xmas shoes. No raffle, secured size.

I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of Xmas KD's. I wonder if they are raffling in Atlanta.

Ok I just tried to find out what "Area 72" is and I found nothing about a secret military base or aliens like sneakernews claims it relates to here: http://sneakernews.com/2012/12/20/nike-kd-v-area-72/#more-376579
So I really have no idea what it's relevance is here.. Must be a personal KD thing. If anyone knows, please shed some light on this.
WAIT. I think it just hit me.... Nike was established in 1972 soooo that's where they came up with Area 72??

Ok I just tried to find out what "Area 72" is and I found nothing about a secret military base or aliens like sneakernews claims it relates to here: http://sneakernews.com/2012/12/20/nike-kd-v-area-72/#more-376579
So I really have no idea what it's relevance is here.. Must be a personal KD thing. If anyone knows, please shed some light on this.
WAIT. I think it just hit me.... Nike was established in 1972 soooo that's where they came up with Area 72??
I think 72 was the first year a shoe with the swoosh was introduced, but in general that sounds right about why it's Area 72.

Like someone else mentioned before, it feels like to me the whole upper of the ASGs will be GITD. No idea if they are, but just a hunch if they really wanna play up the Alien/Space theme.

Last edited:
I think 72 was the first year a shoe with the swoosh was introduced, but in general that sounds right about why it's Area 72.
Like someone else mentioned before, it feels like to me the whole upper of the ASGs will be GITD. No idea if they are, but just a hunch if they really wanna play up the Alien/Space theme.
Yeah I'm starting to think that this year's ASG is gonna be more focused specifically on aliens and not as much on just the "galaxy". I mean look at the Kd's and the Brons... both appear to have a sort of "alien skin" looking upper. Just my opinion but it makes sense to me.

Just Came In 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
 Eastbay W/ The Frail Box/Packaging 

Just came in from Richards. Loved the double boxing and 20 dollars off my next purchase inside the box! I went TTS and these feel great right out, I hear they only get better as they are broken in more and more. Not my last pair of the Vs that's for sure!

EDIT: I just wanted to give some initial impressions for whomever this may help, especially those still debating on buying:

I had read and heard that the zoom in the forefoot was very noticeable, and it is, but partly because of one detriment in the shoe. It seems as though the zoom is laid diagonally in the forefoot, so the very top of the shoe near the tip of your toes feels like almost nothing, whereas a slight bend to the balls of your foot (pause) and you can feel the ultra springy zoom.

My true size is probably a 12.5 spot on, but trying to get that online for a shoe like this is next to impossible, so I always get a 13. I'm glad I did this, because of what I mentioned above. Since the length is longer, it feels like I'm utilizing the Zoom more in the forefoot, and the tense feeling I would normally feel where the tongue is stitched to upper (why?) is not as tight because it's not as high up on my foot.

I wish I could explain this with a diagram or some Bill Nye type ****, but my best advice is to try these on somewhere if you can. I'm in a crappy position because no way a 12 fits, and I tried to find a 12.5 but was **** outta luck. Thankfully, the 13 seems like it'll work out well, plus I double sock so that always helps. Hope somebody finds this helpful, otherwise I just wasted like 5 minutes of my life lol.

Last edited:
My feet don't sweat that bad and I have a stress fracture in my right foot on the top and double socking almost feels like a wrap on it less pain I've noticed after playing.

Anybody know if the cw that goes with the thunder's alternate jersey is gonna be coming out?

Got mines a day earlier than expected in mail. Liking them, alot. Was waiting on these before I ordered the ID's I have sitting in my cart.
1/2 size down, fits great. Great width for me.. I don't have wide feet, and I have a normal arch.. if that helps

Last edited:
Got the DMV's today and I have to say that my first impression was, "Damn these are bright." The crimson has a neon look to it and it feels like it could glow in the dark lol. The color might be a little too obnoxious for my taste so I might end up returning them, but I think I'll see if they grow on me in the next couple of days. 

Back
Top Bottom