OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

I want the BHMs and xmas's... someone hit me up to swap my barkley posites for them is that a good trade?

I think the posites might go up in value cause they are really original looking but I really want the KDs

An even trade would be for you to get both.

It be nice if Eastbay would lift the discount excluded off the birches and Ice blues. They have been sitting for awhile.
Unless it's a non-sig or some shoe that no one is looking for at all, you'll be waiting approx 2 months from release date for disco restrictions to be lifted by Eastbay.
Cause people don't buy what they like.....they buy for value aka ooooooze & aaaaaaahs.

But there's still some that like a particular shoe & go in on that model. (Myself, sho3tym, dmxgod, playacet, superchi. S dubl).....Doesn't matter if its a limited or GR colorway. We buying them up cause we like the shoe. **** value.

Cause at the end of the day, What's value if your buying your shoes to wear, right?
The KD line in general is funny to me. I remember when the 1 came out, they weren't around me at all. Had a hard time tracking them down, always looking for size 11's. The line has continued to grow since then. It's been a small group on NT that have been into KD's, many of them are still around. Can't say that about some of the other threads...

I'm a fan of Durant as a player (Hook 'em Horns), so I'll be on the line regardless. I can see why the 5 isn't as loved as the IV, but I've been playin in the 5 and have no complaints.

I will say with the 5, I have been able to get my hands on everything I have wanted, I can't say that with the 4-USA's and Gold Medals. I could care less what they end up being worth...
Repped.  There needs to be more shoe buyers like you.  Big reason why the Zoom Revis, Nike SB, and AM1 threads are three of my favorites on NT right now.  Just laid back discussion about a shoe that people genuinely love.  Nowadays, people need gimmicks just to decide that they like a shoe.  Sad, but it's fine by me because I've been able to grab 80% of the shoes I like without a hassle.  I've scooped up several Nike Retro shoes for the low because people don't consider them to be "heat."  Floridian LeBron X's way below retail.  Free Runs for what some people pay for lunch.  The list goes on and on.

The only reason the Birches, Homes, Blue Team Bank, and Ice Blues aren't joining the pairs of V's that I currently own is because I have to spread it out and not OD too hard given all of the damn shoes I love.
laugh.gif
  Can't be copping 15+ shoes every month, lol.

On another note, I need to see that green pair in person.  Often times, pictures don't do the true color of a shoe justice.

Cause people don't buy what they like.....they buy for value aka ooooooze & aaaaaaahs.

But there's still some that like a particular shoe & go in on that model. (Myself, sho3tym, dmxgod, playacet, superchi. S dubl).....Doesn't matter if its a limited or GR colorway. We buying them up cause we like the shoe. **** value.

Cause at the end of the day, What's value if your buying your shoes to wear, right?
word to this. I didn't care for Em at first , but after wearing em... Love this shoe.my favorite, are the homes. That clean white (that you can keep clean) with orange and blue? Damn. I have those the Aways, area 72s, TB red, and energies. Could see myself with a few more, like the Hulks... And really looking forward to seeing the elite model.

An even trade would be for you to get both.
I think so too... just wanted to see what people thought about chances or rereleases or price drops ...I am in no rush and will wait for the KD Vs to drop a bit if they might do so... can't see myself paying $250 for a $135 shoe ... even tho that is the price feels like a rip off

I'll say again what I might have mentioned very early on in this thread; when the first leaked pictures of the KD V started floating around, I was hooked.  Really liked the mid top, how sleek it looked, and the addition of the Max Air.  I knew from the start getting these shoes was going to turn into an investment lol.  The colorways clearly haven't been for everyone, but to me, I feel that they have been solid.  It's been a nice mix of simple/clean colorways like the Ice Blues and the recent Texas pair, to the fun and unique ones like the Christmas, BHM, and Area 72.  For me, it's like having a colorway for any occasion lol.  

Value seems to be totally subjective, and I've come to learn that it's easier just to let people do what they do.  Some people like to buy shoes for reasons just like you said, to get that attention, or maybe for resale.  Others like myself value them just cause they're fun to wear/collect.  I do find it silly sometimes when people will buy things solely based on "hype" or limitedness and pass on things they actually like; but that's their prerogative so who am I to say anything?  In the end, they're just shoes.  Might as well enjoy them how you see fit.

I don't see why people like the IVs more than the Vs.....maybe because it had some rare color ways.

I feel like with them making the KD V elite a low top and with the KD VI coming out in the summer, the KD V is gonna be forgotten then appreciated in future when people realize it was such great value at the price point.

I like the IVs better than the Vs. I just never got the colorways I wanted for the prices I wanted. My fav colorway of the IVs is probably the first home colorway. Was waiting for em to hit 40-50 at outlets like on the 3s to pick em up, but I never saw it happen :frown:

^We are similar in that regard, lol.  Like a colorway, but willing to roll the dice and wait on it.  Sometimes it pays off, other times it bites you in the butt.  With shoes that I know are must haves for me, I don't wait though.  Can't have those dry up.  Thank goodness for the bday coupon/winners circle rewards, lol.

Last edited:
I like the V better than the 4. It gives ankle protection and grips your feet like a sock. 
laugh.gif

I tried them on a fully-physical game of lasertag and it never failed me. I was able to make quick, precise cuts and climbs.

People were asking me why I'm using the Aways even on cement, told them I bought the shoe to actually use them, and not just for display/hype. To each his own.

On a sidenote: can anyone guess how much would the Aunt Pearls be?

I like the V better than the 4. It gives ankle protection and grips your feet like a sock. 
laugh.gif

I tried them on a fully-physical game of lasertag and it never failed me. I was able to make quick, precise cuts and climbs.

People were asking me why I'm using the Aways even on cement, told them I bought the shoe to actually use them, and not just for display/hype. To each his own.

from the looks of the Premium tag, probably $135

I like the IVs better than the Vs. I just never got the colorways I wanted for the prices I wanted. My fav colorway of the IVs is probably the first home colorway. Was waiting for em to hit 40-50 at outlets like on the 3s to pick em up, but I never saw it happen :frown:

In this regard, I wanted Orioles 3s badly and bought em right away- maybe used a 10 buck coupon. Held off on ******** 3s( maybe one of the best CWs of the 3) and got em for 30 shipped from a FLA outlet. Also got cool grey/del sol 3s for pretty cheap. 4s were less likely to be had on the cheap because of the arrival of Nerf and WM colorways. Still, I think I got aways, entourage, and cream orange 4s for between 60-75 bucks. I too have had decent luck with whatever 5s I've wanted but to me the CWs haven't been as awesome as 2,3,4. Even GR 3 and 4 colorways were simply amazing, and other than DMV, have yet to be blown away by a 5. In terms of wear, I would prefer to wear a 3 or 4 casually and for ball over a 5. Just my .02. I really wish I had gotten a few pairs of KD1s as well to put on ice for down the road, but the mint pair of away 1s I actually had, I sold to one of the OG players on this thread. :smh: :tongue:

I like the V better than the 4. It gives ankle protection and grips your feet like a sock. :lol:

Please dont talk about ankle protection lmao... it doesnt matter if you are wearing lows or highs.. if your ankle wants to roll it will. I mean Durant and Kobe have how many hours combined in lows and have never had an issue.. Rondo, Harden, Lin I mean I can keep going. If they were an issue they wouldnt be worn.

I like the V better than the 4. It gives ankle protection and grips your feet like a sock. :lol:

Please dont talk about ankle protection lmao... it doesnt matter if you are wearing lows or highs.. if your ankle wants to roll it will. I mean Durant and Kobe have how many hours combined in lows and have never had an issue.. Rondo, Harden, Lin I mean I can keep going. If they were an issue they wouldnt be worn.

Back
Top Bottom