OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Nice to see peeps showing love for the GR pairs and not just the limited/special edition ones...

The green color way some referred to as the 'Hulk" is starting to grow on me; I didn't care for it at first. I think what has changed my mind is someone's idea of switching to purple laces. Well said. Got my gold medal laces from the IV all set; may have to go round tho.

Lol I forgot champs does layaway. I'm grabbing all the kd v cw sitting at my mall . Baller on a budget time hahaha .

Is there a particular reason why these shoes are cheaper than most basketball shoes by Nike? I would expect these to at least match the price of the Hyperdunks at $140.. I'm not complaining, just wondering.. $115 is :smokin .

Is there a particular reason why these shoes are cheaper than most basketball shoes by Nike? I would expect these to at least match the price of the Hyperdunks at $140.. I'm not complaining, just wondering.. $115 is :smokin .

So they can practice price hikes on u slowly but surely

Get u to like the models so u will pay more everytime

KD6= 124.99 or 134.99

Last edited:

The story going around for awhile (I don't know how true it is) is that KD wanted to keep the price of his shoes down so that they could be more affordable for all of the kids that wouldn't normally be able to get them.

They also fill another price point for Nike's stable of basketball sneakers. So it makes sense from a business standpoint anyway.

finally :smokin

The story going around for awhile (I don't know how true it is) is that KD wanted to keep the price of his shoes down so that they could be more affordable for all of the kids that wouldn't normally be able to get them.

They also fill another price point for Nike's stable of basketball sneakers. So it makes sense from a business standpoint anyway.
This is true. It was a request from the man himself.

So they can practice price hikes on u slowly but surely

Get u to like the models so u will pay more everytime

KD6= 124.99 or 134.99

I can actually see that as a reason.. :smh:

It would be real dope if that was the reason why.. Knowing Nike though, that doesn't sound realistic.. :rolleyes

:smh: yay! A new custom that will go on EVERYTHING. To top it off, corks aren't nice in the first place.

Co-sign

The "Hulks" are growin on me..but still have to see in person to make my decision..

Last edited:
Still on the fence on picking up the"Texas" KD V's, most likely will though since I gotta rep my team \m/.  Here's some pics I took of the shoe at the mall:

I did the exact same thing Saturday for $184 will be my first KDs as well. And I got my eyes on a DMV pair for $175 just waiting to try these ASGs on to see if I can get away with the 11.5
$175 seems a little steep for DMVs. If you look around you can find them for $140-$150. 

I can actually see that as a reason.. :smh:
It would be real dope if that was the reason why.. Knowing Nike though, that doesn't sound realistic.. :rolleyes

I think that KD did say that in an interview years ago that he wanted his shoes to be priced under $100, but apparently he folded on that number this year.

Back
Top Bottom