OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Smh why does the price argument on KDs STILL come up? HE NEVER HAD A CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT TO KEEP HIS SHOES @ SET PRICE. Nike wouldn't give that privilege to ANY athlete; at some point KD knew he was gonna have to sacrifice some of his "power" to have a signature sneaker line on Nike. It's similar to when Nike approached Derrick Rose for a deal...Adidas offered him way more $ though (and I'm sure he has ZERO say-so in the pricing of his models over there) so he went there. Prices are always gonna rise on EVERYTHING due to inflation & fluctuating material costs. Do you always pay the same price for a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs? No. Why would shoes be any different? Deal with it or don't cop the shoe.

I agree that's why I'm not sweating however it would be good marketing wise for nike to keep kds shoes low to keep up with his image and what he said but we all know nike doesn't give a care at all so people should stop worrying about it. They're crazy if they think people are going to pay $200 +for a regular lebron lol next year they'll learn when every elite of all 3 sigs are sitting on shelfs and headed to the outlets unless they drop a repeat of each sigs hottest colorways.

And what happened with nike and d rose? It would be crazy if d rose had gotten his own sig with nike.

Even if Rose (midwest) was on Nike, they would've still gave KD a line because he's a star player & his team plays in a different region (south). Jordan Brand (separate company from Nike) is getting their $ off Westbrook & Nike would eat off KD. I don't know how Rose's shoes sales are nationwide, but MULTIPLE color-ways of his shoes sell out first weekend in Chicago/Midwest Foot Lockers so that's millions Nike is missing out on.

2 other big athlete signings I think they missed out on were pro snowboarder/skateboarder Shaun White & Lionel Messi (soccer player), but that's another convo lol.

Last edited:
Isn't Pink the color of Kay Yow and breast cancer?  IMO the shoe is too white for me, it looks like a generic basketball shoe IMO.  The only pink on the shoe is in the liner and insole.  And on the bottom. And Swoosh. And tongue.

If you think these are too pink, I wonder what you thought about the KD IV Aunt Pearls.

Fixed your quote lol. Guess that's not enough? It's all about doing things in moderation. Pink accents all over the shoe is plenty for me, and still most definitely gets the cancer point across.

P.S. I hated the IV AP's one of the very few colorways of that model I actually passed on (and have absolutely 0 regret doing so, those are just way too much for me).

Last edited:
I've heard mixed reviews on the AP, some say nicer in person & some of the opposite.

Guess we will see Wednesday.
The truth is somewhere in the middle. Outside of the breast cancer angle, they're nothing to really rave about.
Yep, the only reason I would've copped them is due to the fact that I'm a KD fan.  Probably would've never worn them which makes it pointless for me to pick them up.

Interested to see how the scoring titles turn out...

I think had Rose signed with Nike his shoe would've been a mix between what we are seeing with Kobe and Lebron's line. Built with Lebron's durability yet with Kobe's low to the ground mold.

For conversation purposes, had Rose signed with Nike do y'all think KD goes unsigned by Nike, is signed by Nike but not given a sig model, or does Nike go with 4 Sigs? I'm wondering...

durant signed with nike in 07 i don't know when rose signed with addias but it is normally when they get drafted and rose was drafted back in 08

Yes there would be 4 Nike sigs lol. When rose is healthy you're talking about the top 4 of 5 players in the NBA and the most popular players as well. Rose sales last year were $25 million compared to Kevin's 7 million however he is in the 3rd largest media market and there is way more kd vs then kd ivs being produced we didn't even get kd ivs here but had every color of roses. Can't wait to see the sales figures for all Sig shoes.

Last edited:
D Rose shoes sell out only in chicago ... they sit on shelves up here .. xmas ones were still on shelves this weekend, even on sale if i remember right

Yes there would be 4 Nike sigs lol. When rose is healthy you're talking about the top 4 of 5 players in the NBA and the most popular players as well. Rose sales last year were $25 million compared to Kevin's 7 million however he is in the 3rd largest media market and there is way more kd vs then kd ivs being produced we didn't even get kd ivs here but had every color of roses. Can't wait to see the sales figures for all Sig shoes.

yeah kd iv's weren't available everywhere those small footlockers in my area didn't have them had to go to another city if i wanted to buy them LOL

yeah kd iv's weren't available everywhere those small footlockers in my area didn't have them had to go to another city if i wanted to buy them LOL

The main Ftl or fta isn't that bad here just never got a super limited shoe it's a hoh now so that'll change :smile: but it was pretty strange how we never got his shoe.

Has anything been said about the N7's price point? Trying to put the money aside now so I don't spend it.

Probably $135. I hope to see more pics of them the more and more I saw the pearls on Instagram the more I had to have them. I saw a better pic of the n7 a couple of days actually but still not sold.

Need some help! I have 4 toe knuckle prints on my KD V Atomic Green on the outside. On the top of the shoe. They fit great not tight. How can I get rid of those marks?

Check your local Richard's Sporting Goods store..they have the Easter KDs in stock..my local Richard's had them on shelves today..but there is only a size 10.5 left..don't think they received many..

^great pic! does anyone know if there will be a restock on the aunt pearls? was there last year? thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom