OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I gotta say is, at 21-22, Kobe averaged 28 per game in the regular season, and almost 30 per game in the playoffs and finals, WITH SHAQ. Shaq in his prime, and Kobe dropping 30, I think complementary to Shaq is an insult.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by never wear them

When they say Kobe is declining.... It means he's showing his age.... He can't be doing what he used to do when he was #8 (GOAT)...

He used to run down and block dunks against the backboard, score 50+pts consecutively in big streaks, shoot 3 pointers from 3ft behind the line, make 12 3ptrs in one game etc....

All that work out that he pushed on his body is catching up to him real quick.

So My conclusion is, maybe low tops ain't really supporting him anymore. He doesn't have that style of play like he once used to.

Agree?

even when he was #8 you cannot say that Kobe is the GOAT. Kobe is one of the greatest ever but during their championship run he was mostly a complimentary player to Shaq. You have to remember that Shaq was probably the best in the league at the time constantly dropping 40 in the playoffs so Kobes' titles where due in large part because of Shaq. MJ is the GOAT and he was the main reason for his teams success he carried that team for all those years and MJ is 6-0  in the NBA finals,Kobe is 4-2.
As for the shoes, I think that they should go back to the mids  because when he wore them,that was the time when he was truly dominant. The low tops are pretty sick shoes and are good for us but I think that mids would be better for Kobe himself.

MJ had help from people too you know...

Jordan had tons of help too. And Kobe was just as big a part of the team as Shaq. If Kobe wasn't there, they wouldn't have won. Shaq is just lucky enough to be placed on with great guards.. like Penny, Kobe, Wade, Bron.. even Nash.
So don't give me that Shaq mess... and Kobe was always bailing them out of games, like that double OT game vs. portland as the perfect example... who was gonna make those deep shots from H-E- Double Hocket Sticks like Kobe???.... I'll wait..
roll.gif

Kobe put as much work in as Shaq... and he came into his own after the 2nd Title.

And I'll take another shoe like the 2

^^

Yea, I wasn't insulting Kobe in any way,He is one of the greatest but i dont think he's GOAT just yet and I'm not on the shaqs' rings part but shaq had a huge role in them and I don't think that the lakers would've won those titles without him.

The low tops have been great but they should go back to mids. A great idea would be to have a removable strap around your ankle sort of like the air jordan XX but it would go all around your ankle and could be a mid or a low top if you want

i've said this time and time again to my friends... no player has done it/can do it on his own. kobe couldn't do it without shaq, and shaq couldn't do it without kobe.

shaq needed wade to win another ring as well..

lebron can't even do it.. he tried a few years ago and got swept. this year he's def not going to win a championship even though he has shaq.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by never wear them

When they say Kobe is declining.... It means he's showing his age.... He can't be doing what he used to do when he was #8 (GOAT)...

He used to run down and block dunks against the backboard, score 50+pts consecutively in big streaks, shoot 3 pointers from 3ft behind the line, make 12 3ptrs in one game etc....

All that work out that he pushed on his body is catching up to him real quick.

So My conclusion is, maybe low tops ain't really supporting him anymore. He doesn't have that style of play like he once used to.

Agree?

even when he was #8 you cannot say that Kobe is the GOAT. Kobe is one of the greatest ever but during their championship run he was mostly a complimentary player to Shaq. You have to remember that Shaq was probably the best in the league at the time constantly dropping 40 in the playoffs so Kobes' titles where due in large part because of Shaq. MJ is the GOAT and he was the main reason for his teams success he carried that team for all those years and MJ is 6-0  in the NBA finals,Kobe is 4-2.
As for the shoes, I think that they should go back to the mids  because when he wore them,that was the time when he was truly dominant. The low tops are pretty sick shoes and are good for us but I think that mids would be better for Kobe himself.

MJ had help from people too you know...

Jordan had tons of help too. And Kobe was just as big a part of the team as Shaq. If Kobe wasn't there, they wouldn't have won. Shaq is just lucky enough to be placed on with great guards.. like Penny, Kobe, Wade, Bron.. even Nash.
So don't give me that Shaq mess... and Kobe was always bailing them out of games, like that double OT game vs. portland as the perfect example... who was gonna make those deep shots from H-E- Double Hocket Sticks like Kobe???.... I'll wait..
roll.gif

Kobe put as much work in as Shaq... and he came into his own after the 2nd Title.

And I'll take another shoe like the 2

MJ got help the latter part of his career. His first couple of seasons he was carrying them until they built a good team around him. During the lakers dynasty Shaq was the more important player,even in the finals he was the one that won them those titles and was the MVP of EVERY title.No knock on Kobe because he is one of the greatest ever but at that time he was like pippen and Shaq was the star like Jordan. You can't just say Shaq was "lucky" to play with great guards because he was a Dominant player back the and he elevated Kobe and Dwyanes' game. If you think he was "lucky" than you also probably think that Phil Jackson was "lucky" to play with great players so don't give me that "lucky" mess. So to me Kobe isn't the GOAT just yet.
As for the  shoes, I'll say again that a great idea would be to have a removable strap around your ankle sort of like the air Jordan XX but it would go all around your ankle and could be a mid or a low top if you want

Personally, I think they should do both a low and a mid; like the Lebron 7, but WAYYYYYYYY better.
Those low versions are WEAK

^ yeah but the lows with the max air are DOPE.
They never seem to get the Lebron lows right for some reason.

interesting...

whats that say at the bottom "Nike Slade traction" ???

good look out on the pics. of course i always wait to see a full clear pic and the actual shoe in person.

I wonder what the tech will be.

Maybe an optional strap like the LBJ 2's or the extra ankle brace with the Melo 5's? that would be an interesting idea.

they look a little more cut on the ankle, but higher off the ground.. or is that just me/the angle of the pic.

they look okay in terms of shape. i doubt they'll look anything like it.

looks like they still got flywire there and zoom in the forefoot...

I'll wait for final--and I do mean FINAL--version pictures to surface before I comment on whether or not I like them.

i like how they continued the flywire panel and didn't cut off the nike swoosh like the Vs....looking forward to seeing the real ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom