OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinker, but NWT is right, take away those Jordans and it's just trainers.
30t6p3b.gif
, oh well, ignorance is bliss.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Code:
Dear 12/26/10    Order Thank you for your recent order.  We are currently out-of-stock, however you should expect to receive this item within 2 weeks of the backorder date printed below, unless it is a personalized product. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-628-6301.  We apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, Eastbay

Anyone else get this email? Does this mean I am not getting them?

I called them on this email tonight. They said it's a technicality email. With the holiday, and the weekend, they will be shipping out tomorrow.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MuLLiNs7388

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

forgot there is one more picture of this shoes...
i think the new added picture can clearly prove they are the Rice High school edition?

see the heel cup color? golden yellowish and greenish... looked like the gold flightposite color, so sexy~~ 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
these bad boys are too nice. can't wait for more CWs. DAMN. imma be broke this 2011.

loving the snake head on the heel.
pimp.gif
Those are too sick!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
def better than the grinches. as someone mentioned a few pages back, these resemble the da vincis.
man. great looking shoe. just great.

I wonder if they'll do another Bruce Lee inspired shoe for these. Would fit perfectly with Bruce's nickname as "the Dragon" if they could pull off something creative. I don't know about using the exact color scheme from the Vs, but something dragon related would be a good fit

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I wonder what would happen if Eric and tinker worked together on a sneaker............ 
look no further than the Air Zoom Generation.
pimp.gif
 Underrated shoe in the style and performance categories... even to many NTers...

Originally Posted by IRyBreadI

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

forgot there is one more picture of this shoes...
f3135880e848497e796c12224df83e8bdf957f5.jpg

22425b5e6e4027901574e450dc882a2542b4ce0.jpg

9c615fea44781a43769881eeffe404ded44bd38.jpg

i think the new added picture can clearly prove they are the Rice High school edition?

see the heel cup color? golden yellowish and greenish... looked like the gold flightposite color, so sexy~~ 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
is that a black mamba on the heel cup ID area?
pimp.gif
I think its an owl since Rice mascot is Owls. 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by lupecci

saw somebody at the office wearing these and they looked legit.

Aways?

Fakes no doubt. If it ain't for sale on Marqueesole then it's not legit.
They are fakes. Look at where the scales meet the midsole. That is a dead give away...

air-jordan-20-xx-original-og-white-varsity-red-black_1.jpg

vs

Nike%20Kobe%20Zoom%20Huarache%202K4%20LA%20Allstar%20white%20varsity%20royal%20varsity%20red%20Metallic%20Silver%20308475-146.jpg

i think the XXs were released a year later. but 2k4s win it. i don't know
but Avar has superior designs these days. don't be ignorant.

going back to the VIs, glass blues and LAs up on marqueesole.

Maybe someone's out to get Tinker.. I don't know but it doesnt make sense. The cynic in me just laughs at some of Avar's designs that are proclaimed to be some of the best. I've mentioned in this thread before that Tinker designed a rebirth air trainer, dubbed the zoom air trainer 1 mid in 2004. It sat more like a low, had dual zoom, shank plates, outriggers, inner sock liners, and a seamless stitched upper. The only thing missing from the kobe VIs compared to the zoom trainers is a velcro strap.

I'm not surprised though, Tinker's shoe flops in 2004 with a price point of only $110. So fresh minds get involved in 2009 and Avar designs Nikes "first rebirth" shoe ignoring the model 5 years prior. This time, no dual zoom, no shank plates, no seamless upper, and now some cool shiny synthetic material. Avar claims the forefoot is better with nothing as it'll be more flexible or "free".... And now in 2010, he's proclaiming the zoom setup in the kobe VI's as ideal... I just don't get it.

Compare a zoom kobe IV to an air trainer 1. Same heel cup location, same toebox location. Outrigger too. The Kobe 1, 4,5, and 6 all have those trainer like inspirations, that i've basically decided to ditch what nike is doing now with trainers, and jump right into these Kobes. Maybe Avar is doing something right? (sarcasm here)

This dude is just getting way too much credit and attention. Take away the scales on this shoe, and it has NOTHING on the upper. No layering or design. It's an AQUA SOCK swim shoe. (i'm still intrigued by the dual zoom and the weight but i'll consider these tinkers)

It doesn't make sense. Tinker is the unpopular kid who gets credit for NOTHING. Avar, he can come in and do something others have done, and boom... instant popularity. I'll end this by saying, Tinker has done more than you think. And others have been so "inspired" by him that their designs almost call on infringement.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Maybe someone's out to get Tinker.. I don't know but it doesnt make sense. The cynic in me just laughs at some of Avar's designs that are proclaimed to be some of the best. I've mentioned in this thread before that Tinker designed a rebirth air trainer, dubbed the zoom air trainer 1 mid in 2004. It sat more like a low, had dual zoom, shank plates, outriggers, inner sock liners, and a seamless stitched upper. The only thing missing from the kobe VIs compared to the zoom trainers is a velcro strap.

I'm not surprised though, Tinker's shoe flops in 2004 with a price point of only $110. So fresh minds get involved in 2009 and Avar designs Nikes "first rebirth" shoe ignoring the model 5 years prior. This time, no dual zoom, no shank plates, no seamless upper, and now some cool shiny synthetic material. Avar claims the forefoot is better with nothing as it'll be more flexible or "free".... And now in 2010, he's proclaiming the zoom setup in the kobe VI's as ideal... I just don't get it.

Compare a zoom kobe IV to an air trainer 1. Same heel cup location, same toebox location. Outrigger too. The Kobe 1, 4,5, and 6 all have those trainer like inspirations, that i've basically decided to ditch what nike is doing now with trainers, and jump right into these Kobes. Maybe Avar is doing something right? (sarcasm here)

This dude is just getting way too much credit and attention. Take away the scales on this shoe, and it has NOTHING on the upper. No layering or design. It's an AQUA SOCK swim shoe. (i'm still intrigued by the dual zoom and the weight but i'll consider these tinkers)

It doesn't make sense. Tinker is the unpopular kid who gets credit for NOTHING. Avar, he can come in and do something others have done, and boom... instant popularity. I'll end this by saying, Tinker has done more than you think. And others have been so "inspired" by him that their designs almost call on infringement.

Are these the Zoom trainers you are talking about

76e354cc479c611fc922ca06b446fe1c9e6f79e.jpg

pic005.jpg

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

I NEED those rice VI's when they come out. Here are mine though...

fyi somebody on ebay using your pics to sell. dont know if ya care but thought i would let ya know

i think we can all agree early CW's of the VI are hitting hard right now
pimp.gif
... at first people were worried about too much snakeskin... that flew out the window in hearbeat...

every colorway gets a thumbs up from me...

but that duke cw is just plain pathetic and boring though
eyes.gif
... its like a kid-made-ID and it reminds me too much of the Duke V which i thought was pure garbage. Dont hate on MO
smile.gif

So i got my pair in size 11.5 and i needed an 11 and i found someone who is willing to trade. Everything worked out well!

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Nermindee

right now my mind is saying "screw the upcoming jordan releases" (white cement III, playoff XIIIs) and save for kobe VI's hahahaha....

naw foreels though
pimp.gif

Kobe VI Quality>any new jordans

Kobe VI Appearance> any new jordans

I completely agree. I haven't bought a Jordan Brand release since last Christmas(Space Jams, sold shortly after because I couldn't stand the quality). I continue to buy OGs but none of this recent bs they've been putting out. I have all the OG 13s, so passing on the retros wouldn't bother me. The AJ 3s will be copped though. Lovin the OG style box. Kobes last three sigs>Recent Retro Jordans

Originally Posted by lupecci

saw somebody at the office wearing these and they looked legit.

Aways?
Ask him were he bought it? (ask like your impressed) Are those the new Kobes'? Sheet, Bro! You're the man!!

But it looks like they're imitations, Maybe somebody bought it for him from another country.. Who knows?

But if they're imitations those are really nice...

seriously glad that i didnt waste my time and money to stress out about cool grey XI's
happy.gif
, it got overrated so quickly to me.

its official, my shoe funds will now be reserved for Kobe VIs.
devil.gif

guys that got from eastbay or eastbay rep, have you received any info regarding the grinches we were able to get by phoning in??? i thought they would've shipped them out by now.... im getting impatient!!! haha

Originally Posted by lj12

guys that got from eastbay or eastbay rep, have you received any info regarding the grinches we were able to get by phoning in??? i thought they would've shipped them out by now.... im getting impatient!!! haha

They sent out backorder emails yesterday. They will start shipping out today due to the holidays. The pics GottaBdaShoes posted has me impatient as well.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom