:: Official NikeiD AirMax Lebron 9 Thread ::

Can someone tell me how ppl r getting these different materials and colors that i dont see on nikeid. for example, the teal color and the different material instead of that plastic kind weave.

Originally Posted by jayrew

Can someone tell me how ppl r getting these different materials and colors that i dont see on nikeid. for example, the teal color and the different material instead of that plastic kind weave.

theres 2 choices on the nikeid website either the regular lebron 9 id or the lebron 9 premium.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by mcgregor triangle

I'm guessing their thought is that a lot of orange as an option would make China's and Cannon's seem less unique and desirable.

Orange is a basic color and a common team color so I think that reasoning is weak.  Even if that was the case, the only thing you can't use orange on is the mesh, accents and sole.  Why not have all colors available for all parts of the ID?

Wishful thinking, but maybe they are handcuffin the options for now so when the releases slow down, they will unleash the full palette have people still purchasing 9's well until the 10's drop. 

Weak is assuming I don't realize orange is a (relatively) common team color, even though it's not as common as you seem to be implying.  Also, it's weak to think that Nike's goal is to just put out team colors for people who actually play for some high school team.  Are many teams turquoise, for example?  Anyway, I am all for orange being available for all parts of the ID; did I say I was against it?  

Your reasoning on the hancuffing of color options is probably perfectly true, just extremely obvious (Business 101)
laugh.gif

I'm guessing their thought is that a lot of orange as an option would make China's and Cannon's seem less unique and desirable.

Orange is a basic color and a common team color so I think that reasoning is weak.  Even if that was the case, the only thing you can't use orange on is the mesh, accents and sole.  Why not have all colors available for all parts of the ID?

Wishful thinking, but maybe they are handcuffin the options for now so when the releases slow down, they will unleash the full palette have people still purchasing 9's well until the 10's drop. 

Weak is assuming I don't realize orange is a (relatively) common team color, even though it's not as common as you seem to be implying.  Also, it's weak to think that Nike's goal is to just put out team colors for people who actually play for some high school team.  Are many teams turquoise, for example?  Anyway, I am all for orange being available for all parts of the ID; did I say I was against it?  

Your reasoning on the hancuffing of color options is probably perfectly true, just extremely obvious (Business 101)
laugh.gif

Wasn't even coming at you.  I was simply speaking on the supposed scenario that you presented, as if it was Nike's position. 

And since when has Nike and specifically the Lebron line been known to do the "obvious", hence, "wishful thinking?"     

w9ek5k.jpg

2vtpsug.jpg

352hpft.jpg

11hvv4h.jpg

my only gripe about these is that they're not as bright as I expected them to be. you can tell the green doesn't pop like the 8s. I love my design, but i'm not 100% satisfied with the finished product
frown.gif

Nice work on those IDs, and I agree... But more so with the red. It comes off looking closer to burgundy when compared directly with the 8's. Do you have the Xmas 9's, so you can put in the 3M laces?

Originally Posted by RenegadeWon

Nice work on those IDs, and I agree... But more so with the red. It comes off looking closer to burgundy when compared directly with the 8's. Do you have the Xmas 9's, so you can put in the 3M laces?

Oh yeah, the red too. It's kind of dull looking. I'm a little disappointed, but i still like the shoe ya know?
Nah I don't have the christmas 9s, I was going to inquire about buying some laces off of someone. but I don't think the red will look good on top of the iD red, I currently got my xmas 8 red laces on em.
I'm contemplating returning these to be honest. ima see how i feel about these in the next few days.

megatron: They looked DOPE in the first pic until I scrolled down to see them paired with the 8s. Don't get me wrong, the design is nice, but when comparing them with the X'Mas 8, there's no competition. Just my 2 cents...

I was actually thinking the green pair of laces from the Xmas 9's would help it pop more. Of course, if you could maybe add the specks to the midsole that would def help too.

laugh.gif

Wasn't even coming at you.  I was simply speaking on the supposed scenario that you presented, as if it was Nike's position. 

And since when has Nike and specifically the Lebron line been known to do the "obvious", hence, "wishful thinking?"     

Sorry, I was in a bad mood.  Shouldn't post while angry..
embarassed.gif

My 3rd ID should be ready by Saturday. It's a mix between the FREEGUMS & MIAMI NIGHTS.

"MIAMIGUMS"
wink.gif

Sorry, I was in a bad mood.  Shouldn't post while angry..
embarassed.gif

All good
pimp.gif

megatron, I would just stick with the black laces and forget about them being a Christmas shoe.  They are still dope.   If you wanna go the customization route, get some gold paint, do the speckles and the logo on the back.  Hero pack 9's.  I wouldn't return them tho, unless money was an issue.

Been wanting some Lebron ids in a new orleans saints cw. Hit up the clearance store this week and grabbed these ids. Might sell the blue/black and black/white joints.

^^^Not feeling any of those. Although if that last pair would of been made something like this with blue or orange laces then it'd be a different story.

If at all possible, try to go in person to make your ID's. They'll provide swatches for each part of the shoe so you see what it will actually look like once it is finished.

Originally Posted by gentry187

My 3rd ID should be ready by Saturday. It's a mix between the FREEGUMS & MIAMI NIGHTS.

"MIAMIGUMS"
wink.gif

this pic just made me want miami nights. smh.

Back
Top Bottom