***Official Niketalk NBA Predictions***

(1) MVP Dirk Nowitzki
(2) Coach of the Year Don Nelson
(3) Team on the Rise Golden State Warriors (sorry for being a homer but it's true...)
(4) Team on the Decline I'll stay away from the Detroit prediction.. so I'll take Memphis... Not having Gasol till January is definitely going to hurt them...
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award" ) Sebastian Telfair
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best" ) Adam Morrison
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January Garnett trade rumors
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) 8)
glasses.gif

(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) Miami over Detroit
(10) NBA Champs 8)
glasses.gif

(1) MVP - 5 way tie between bdiddy,jrich,dunleavy,murphy,ellis
(2) Coach of the Year - Don Nelson
(3) Team on the Rise - suns
(4) Team on the Decline - knicks
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award") - anthony roberson
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best") - Kosta Perovic
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - ellis hype
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) warriors over miami
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) suns over wizards
(10) NBA Champs - 49ers
i stay gay.

(1) MVP - Kobe Bryant
(2) Coach of the Year - Mike D Antoni
(3) Team on the Rise - The Knicks.. Watch out east
(4) Team on the Decline - Spurs... Duncan is getting overpowered by atheltic players. Plus, they gettin old.
) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award" ) - Amare Stoudemire
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best" ) - JJ
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - "Amare is finally himself."
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) - Suns over Dallas in 6
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) - Cavs over the bulls
(10) NBA Champs - Suns in 5 against the Cavs.

Most Valuable Player - LeBron James. As much as I want to believe this is Diggler's year, I think the LBJ Hype-beast is far too strong to allow anyone else to get it. You're already hearing those NBA Shootaround fools on ESPN giving this award to the kid. 31, 7, 7 and a division title should do it...
Coach of the Year - Isiah Thomas. I think the Knicks go from 23 wins to the 7th seed of the playoffs with hardly any roster moves whatsoever. If the Knicks make the playoffs, this award should be a landslide.
Team on the Decline - Miami Heat. They are still a very good team, but is the motivation still there? Last season you had guys like Payton, Mourning and Walker accepting lesser roles and money to grab that ring. Shaq trying to prove he can win that ring without Kobe. Dwyane emerging to stardom and leaping out of LBJ and Carmelo's shadows. They're also a year older, and that doesn't help.
Team on the Rise - Milwaukee Bucks. The East is weak. You may not see immediate, big time improvement this year, but as the season wears on they'll get better and better. The team will gel, they'll be a couple of pieces away from really competing in '07-'08. Michael Redd is one of the best shooters/scorers in the game, and I think Bobby Simmons compliments him pretty well. Mo Williams is a better PG than alot of people give him credit for. Charlie V and Andrew Bogut are going to be a duo to reckon with for quite a few years to come...Free agency next summer will be big for them. As it looks right now, they've got alot of salaries coming off the books next summer, and should have alot of cash to spend.
Breakout Player - Charlie Villanueva. As much as I wanna go with Josh Smith here, I really think Charlie takes off this year. What was it, 13 and 7 last year? In Milwaukee, he will be able to take on a little more of the scoring load, with a pass first PG and a very good passer on the opposite block in Bogut...He'll also be relied on heavily on the boards, and I'm not gonna be surprised when dude puts up 8-9 boards a game. 18 pts, 9 boards and steal and a block per gets Charlie V this award, and the Bucks get a steal in that trade.
Rookie to watch - Andrea Bargnani. Yeah I said it...Doubters are a dime a dozen for this kid, but I'm buying into him. I don't think Colango is gonna let his first draft pick with a new franchise be a flop, and I really think he knew what he was doing when he took this kid. The Runnin' Raptors will be good on the blocks with Bargnani at PF and Bosh at C. Few teams will be able to match up with the speed and talent of these two up front.
Storyline We'll be talking about in January - Allen Iverson gets sick of how horrible the Sixers are, and has asked to be traded out of Philadelphia...where will he be playing after the deadline next month?
Western Conference Champs - Dallas Mavericks over Phoenix Suns in 7...
Eastern Conference Champs - Cleveland Cavs over Detroit Pistons in 6...
NBA Champions :rolleyes
eyes.gif
TeamCowboys3-3, back to third place...
Let the Tony Romo Era Begin

Forget Kobe vs. Shaq/Wade.

It's all gonna be about LeBron VS. Wade.
pimp.gif

Quote:
(1) MVP - Kobe Bryant

Wait, did I read that right? Coming from Jdiddy?
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant​
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26​

1. MVP - Dwayne Wade or Lebron
2. Coach of The Year - Jerry Sloan
3. Team on the Rise - Chicago Bulls
4. Team on the Decline - Detroit Pistons
5. Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award&quot :wink:
wink.gif
- Shuan Livingston or Gerald Green
6. Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best&quot :wink:
wink.gif
- Rajon Rondo, dude has play makers
7. Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January - Isiah and the Knicks
8. Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) I may get flammed, but I like the Spurs and Lakers in the WCF with SA taking it
9. Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) - Heat over Nets, Vince is in a contract year
10. NBA ChampsQueens > _____U MADDDDYou Mad

1. MVP- Lebron James
2. Coach of the Year- Isiah Thomas
(Knicks will stun the world)
3. Team on the rise- Knicks,Celtics,T-wolves,Magic
4. Team on the decline-Pistons
5. Break out Player- Channing Frye and Al Jefferson\
6. Rookie to watch- Adam Morrison
7. Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January- Knicks
8. Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) Clippers over Rockets9. Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) Nets over Cavs
10 NBA Champs - New Jersey Nets
Rockets will make it to WCF. t-mac will be mvp runner up to lebron. Knicks will bethe 6th seed.Channing Frye will win MIPOY award.Al jefferson will average a double double. Raptors Celtics and sixers will fight all year for last 2 seeds with philly losin out. Bassy will average 17 and 8 assist a game. Bulls will get upset in the first round by the knicks. Rasheed will get thrown out of 20 games and have another record for most techs in a season

TRUST ME

my knicks will still suck(plz prove me wrong isiah)

lebron will be mvp
champs - spurs
I get mad-I get upset; cause theres a president of my label whos supposed to be f'n running things and getting these artists out and doing what hes supposed to do and hes still being the greatest of all time.

Make all of the predictions you can so that we can move this to the archives around the start of the season.

Quote:
why God, Why? Why do people disrespect the pistons so much? i mean i know that all people care about is one on one basketball, but why cant you just get people to respect them?

Team DC/MD/VA
Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
O.G. Member #53​

Pistons aren't overrated... If I were a team in the Eastern Conference... I'd still fear the Pistons... I don't disrespect them one bit... Basketball is a team sport and Detroit Pistons play team basketball...

The Suns aren't overrated either... How can you be overrated for the win totals they had for the last few seasons? I think they're rated where they're supposed to be...
"DAMN"Ron Simmons
nWo
new world order

(1) MVP
LBJ - If he gets the same numbers and takes 'em to 55 Ws
Dirk - Puts up same numbers and gets 60 Ws (will need every one of them to beat the LBJ hype machine)
Kobe - Proves ppl wrong by sharing the ball and gets them to top 4 in the West (doubtful)

(2) Coach of the Year
Popovich
D'Antoni
Sloan (it's about time the man gets his due if he takes them to the playoffs, I'm still surprised he hasn't won one yet)

(3) Team on the Rise
Orlando
Chicago
Houston

(4) Team on the Decline
Detroit
Heat (Wade is NOT looking good this year IMO and they're too old...then again same thing ppl said last year...except Wade is already burnt out...)

(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award")
Deron Williams

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best")
Randy Foye

(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January
Dr. J steps down from ownership position for another run at the chip (jp)

(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)
Spurs over Suns

(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)
Cavs over Heat

(10) NBA Champs
Spurs
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

nyk buc:
detroit is good. but if ur best player is chauncey billups, no i dont fear you.

Chauncey Billups was their best player in 2004 and they won it all... Like I said before... Basketball is a team sport...
"DAMN"Ron Simmons
nWo
new world order

Quote:
(1) MVP
(2) Coach of the Year
(3) Team on the Rise
(4) Team on the Decline
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award&quot :wink:
wink.gif

(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best&quot :wink:
wink.gif
MVP: Bron. i cant see Nash taking it 3 years. plus "they're" eager to just give it to him. and the bandwagonism of ESPN will be/is at a disgusting fever pitch. Bron has it. (i hate ESPN for overhype. i remember they said Odom is the piece to take the lakers to the WCF :smh:
smh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
COYTeam on the RiseTeam on the DeclineBreakout Player (The "Diaw Award&quot :wink:
wink.gif
Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best&quot :wink:
wink.gif
Storyline We'll Be Talking About in JanuaryWestern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?) hmmmm.......i'll say Cavs over the Heat...Bulls will get knocked out by either team....No one will be able to hold Bron who'll outscore Wade and may have a triple double or two in the series. Wade will average 30+ ppg and Shaq may be in PO form. X Factors are Hughes, Z, Posey and Walker

-
Quote:
NBA Champs
. Suns over a exhausted Cavs team. Bron will be himself but Hughes will be negated and the Cavs will be hurt by lack of depth @ the SF position. Donyell will thrive playing @ the Suns pace but Amare will beast on him the Cavs frontline. :wink:
wink.gif
:D
happy.gif
Team Negrodamus
TEAM CARIBBEAN
-((((( TEAM GOONIES )))))-​
*PITBULLS NEVER SHAKE HANDS WITH POODLES*​

Quote:
(Wade is NOT looking good this year IMO and they're too old...then again same thing ppl said last year...except Wade is already burnt out...)

Team DC/MD/VA
O.G. Member #53​

^^^I'm just going on reports that I read where Wade has said he feels like he's already played through half the season because of playing in the World Championships. I'm sure he'll be ok, but it's a definite concern for the Heat if he's already feeling somewhat fatigued.
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

(1) MVP
(2) Coach of the Year
(3) Team on the Rise
(4) Team on the Decline
(5) Breakout Player (The "Diaw Award")
(6) Rookie to Watch (not necessarily "best")
(7) Storyline We'll Be Talking About in January
(8.) Western Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)
(9) Eastern Playoff Seeding/Conf. Champs (Who over who?)
(10) NBA Champs

(1) lebron james
(2) Sam Mitchell (i have no idea, wild guess :wink:
wink.gif
)
(3) Boston Celtics
(4) Knicks
(5) i can see milicic breakin out, just cuz hes out of detroit for a full season
(6) tyrus thomas
(7) raptors 15 games over .500
( 8)
glasses.gif
Team Raptors​

Riders for life

Quote:
^^^I'm just going on reports that I read where Wade has said he feels like he's already played through half the season because of playing in the World Championships. I'm sure he'll be ok, but it's a definite concern for the Heat if he's already feeling somewhat fatigued.

Team DC/MD/VA
O.G. Member #53​

Back
Top Bottom