Official NLCS St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants Series Thread (4-3 SF) SF Advance to Worl

I would have started Lincecum game 1..which I believe I said in at least one of the threads.

Bummy looks like he's got dead arm. Alderneline is getting him through 1 inning then he comes back to reality. A lot riding on Vogey today...can't expect the team to pull off another Cinci. Split at home and take each road game 1 at a time.

Glad to see they fought back and were alive versus what I witnessed last Sunday.

I still have beef w/ Huff remaining on the roster. We need speed. Sure he drew a walk, but once he's on base he's a liability. Can't steal with him, no agressiveness.

Lincecum only pitched 2 innings? I'm all for trying him out as a reliever, I think it could actually work well in their favor but, 2 innings? Really?? I don't know whats wrong with this dude, how did he fall so far? He's still young.

^ Overall bad year.

But, his performance this postseason has been awesome. He's earned a start. That's why I think Bumgarner should come out of the pen. If Bumgarner is only good for 2 innings, then damnit make it 2 good innings of relief appearance!

He pitched two innings because the pitcher's spot was due up and they were trying to ride momentum.

At the end of the day, if we don't get production from our starters past 6 innings, we're going to need him as long relief which is sad.

The diving play by the Cardinals' second baseman ended up being the game- saving-play. Even though Pagan swung at the first pitch, it would have scored a run, and if Huff wasn't pulling a piano on his back, Pagan would have beaten it out. Defenses have been make big/huge play against the Giants this post-season. Shout out to Scott Rolen.

St. Louis Cardinals Lineup
Jay, CF
Beltran, RF
Holliday, LF
Craig, 1B
Molina, C
Freese, 3B
Descalso, 2B
Kozma, SS
Carpenter, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, C
Pence, RF
Belt, 1B
Blanco, LF
Crawford, SS
Vogelsong, RHP

Last edited:
The diving play by the Cardinals' second baseman ended up being the game- saving-play. Even though Pagan swung at the first pitch, it would have scored a run, and if Huff wasn't pulling a piano on his back, Pagan would have beaten it out. Defenses have been make big/huge play against the Giants this post-season. Shout out to Scott Rolen.

Agreed, felt like that one was the game changer.

The Cardinals Pitching hasn'y been great neither but our offense makes up for it. Hopefully Carpenter can pitch past the 5th tonight and the our hitters can come up with some early runs. It should be a good game. I think the Giants eventually win a home game this postseason and tonight can very well be the night.

He pitched two innings because the pitcher's spot was due up and they were trying to ride momentum.
At the end of the day, if we don't get production from our starters past 6 innings, we're going to need him as long relief which is sad.

it was also confirmation from bochy that timmy would start game 4 on thursday

Pagan!
2dajcsp.gif

I despise the camera behind home plate. Couldn't tell anything off the bat.

Last edited:
Even though the Giants scored, it was such a waste of an inning. Carpenter was looking horrible. Horrible calls by the umpire and some bad at-bats mixed in. Cardinals love that it's one zero.

The behind the catcher camera view is really close to making me snap.

Back
Top Bottom