Official NLDS Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (3-1 SF) Giants Advance (TBS)

akk1zl.png
vs.
qycpjl.png

[table]
 [tr][th="col"]Series[/th][th="col"]Date[/th][th="col"]Network[/th][th="col"]Game Time (ET)[/th][/tr][tr][td]NLDS Game 1: ATL @ SF[/td][td]Thursday, October 7[/td][td]TBS[/td][td]9:37 p.m.[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLDS Game 2: ATL @ SF[/td][td]Friday, October 8[/td][td]TBS[/td][td]9:37 p.m.[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLDS Game 3: SF @ ATL[/td][td]Sunday, October 10[/td][td]TBS[/td][td]4:30 p.m.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLDS Game 4*: SF @ ATL[/td][td]Monday, October 11[/td][td]TBS[/td][td]8:30 p.m.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLDS Game 5*: ATL @ SF[/td][td]Wednesday, October 13[/td][td]TBS[/td][td]9:30 p.m.
[/td][/tr][/table]*If necessary

Both teams can celebrate today, but be prepared for Thursday!

205rqt1.gif
205rqt1.gif
205rqt1.gif

I'm interested as to what the Giants will do with Zito. If I were they, I'd start Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, and Bumgarner. I have no faith when Zito pitches and I'd leave him out of the rotation entirely. Only bring him in if one of those starters struggle early.

Game 1 Derek Lowe (has been great won 5 games in September) 
Game 2 Tommy Hanson 
Game 3 Tim Hudson 
only thing the Braves offense needs to show up.

Braves win series  and Heyward ROY 
tongue.gif

Gonna be a tough series, if the Giants pitching performs how they did in September, we will be taking this.

this should be a good series.

If Lincecum and Cain can pitch like they did in September the Braves will have trouble.

I'm still not sold on the Giants offense though.

I'll say Giants in 5 strictly on pitching.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I'm interested as to what the Giants will do with Zito. If I were they, I'd start Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, and Bumgarner. I have no faith when Zito pitches and I'd leave him out of the rotation entirely. Only bring him in if one of those starters struggle early.

Trust me Zito is not in any of the Giants up coming plans. Same with Rowand I'd be shocked to see either of them in any big role.
Giants in 5
pimp.gif

Why even put Zito on the roster if he's not going to start? Zito, who struggles with control coming out of the pen is laughable.

To win in 4 games we MUST win both at home. I think it will end up going 5 though

I have no doubt it'll end in 5, Braves are a very good team though, but I think the Giants are more complete than they are. Can't wait for it.

All I want is the Braves to look respectable in this series. I'm not expecting them to win the series, but I just want a good showing.

Originally Posted by romedadude

All I want is the Braves to look respectable in this series. I'm not expecting them to win the series, but I just want a good showing.
i feel you..

Spoiler [+]
Giants in 4
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You need Zito for long relief IMO... if a pitcher gets shelled then you can bring him in to eat up innings so the bullpen doesn't get destroyed.
Lincecum/Cain/Sanchez/Bumgarner for SP

Romo/Wilson/Affeldt/Lopez/Zito/Casilla (forgetting someone?) for RP

I also think Rowand is a better option than Guillen off the bench.  !!%$ that guy and Rowand has shown to have his moments at times.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

You need Zito for long relief IMO... if a pitcher gets shelled then you can bring him in to eat up innings so the bullpen doesn't get destroyed.
Lincecum/Cain/Sanchez/Bumgarner for SP

Romo/Wilson/Affeldt/Lopez/Zito/Casilla (forgetting someone?) for RP

I also think Rowand is a better option than Guillen off the bench.  !!%$ that guy and Rowand has shown to have his moments at times.
You have to include Ramirez. Dude has been lights out.

As in every playoff series, pitching will be the main determinant of who will win. I believe the Giants will have a problem trying to score runs, but I hope out pitching does a little better than their pitching and we can eek out enough runs.

Unless Brian McCann becomes BJ Upton of the 07 playoffs, I don't see the Braves winning this series. Hudson starting Game 3 is iffy to me, I'd start him Game 1 and bring him back for 4.

Back
Top Bottom