Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

He'll be 3 in October but he's built like a 7 year old

Edit: normally I'd take him to the beach, hiking, or just hop in the jeep and go trail riding/mudding but not with these NE summer storms lol

Take some cardboards...color them up. Or just boxes.

Build a huge fort and have a playing battlefield.

my daughter flew back home to NC today.. few hours later her mom texts me, "theres a shooting at the mall we're at"

I call her and she tells me theyre locked in a store with other shoppers...

I look on twitter and its trending.. someone opened fire inside the Crabtree Mall in Raleigh..

Luckily the situation came to an end and they made it out ok... as if we dont have enough to worry about as parents, **** like this happens

Man I have no clue what to do with my kid this weekend smh.

It's hot, muggy, with a 50% chance of thunderstorms.
use to reside in PHX and those summer days at the house were turnt up. Use to blast music in the house while fixing random stuff. ...would teach handy **** like cleaning the stove, fixing blinds, working out & doing push-ups. If you talk and act like you know what your doing, they'll follow :lol:

I thought the benefits of uniforms were to cut cost...

Bruh I spent $900 on uniform last year
laugh.gif
Seriously. I don't get the whole spend a month's income on a uniform" in addition to the price of tuition. Why not just recommend a logoless polo with color choices, slacks/skirt and be done with it? I remember when my school went to uniforms after my 7th grade year, we had to get them from Nordstrom. A polo was $35 by itself and you had to get at least 5 to cover you for the week. I remember one girl was so poor, she could only afford one shirt & dress and had to wear it everyday. I felt really sorry for her because it really defeated the point of uniforms because everyone knew it was her only outfit.

There are schools in GA that has logo less uniform. Some are starting to require logos.

However my daughter goes to a private academy.

They have:

School uniform
Specific shoes they can oly wear
School uniform winter coat
School uniform gym clothes (yes printed school logos
School uniform for events - Blazer with crescent logo, special Tie and pin
School uniform rain coats

Basically you can't wear nothing that doesn't have a school logo :lol:

Even windbreakers :lol:

There are schools in GA that has logo less uniform. Some are starting to require logos.

However my daughter goes to a private academy.

They have:

School uniform
Specific shoes they can oly wear
School uniform winter coat
School uniform gym clothes (yes printed school logos
School uniform for events - Blazer with crescent logo, special Tie and pin
School uniform rain coats

Basically you can't wear nothing that doesn't have a school logo
laugh.gif

Even windbreakers
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Seems just like a hidden tuition.

we went today and my wife grabbed 3 school logo polo shirts and 3 plain shorts. came out to $150. i'll go back next week after orientation to see if the 3 year olds mostly wear the polos or if they can wear the t-shirts and PE shorts that were also available. wasn't expensive but it wasn't really that cheap either. i can tell you this: i'm super glad i waited until i was older to have a kid. i'm in a much healthier place with an attitude more conducive to being a father than when i was young and wild.

my daughter flew back home to NC today.. few hours later her mom texts me, "theres a shooting at the mall we're at"

I look on twitter and its trending.. someone opened fire inside the Crabtree Mall in Raleigh..

Luckily the situation came to an end and they made it out ok... as if we dont have enough to worry about as parents, **** like this happens

My wife and kids live in Raleigh (I'm overseas), and my heart dropped when I heard about this. Glad everyone was OK.

With that mall shooting scare, do you guys let your children have cellphone? My daughter had a phone since the age of 8. She never lost it and it's the best thing that ever in term of keeping a track of her.

Started off with an older iPhone to see if she can manage the responsibility. She never lost it and only dropped her phone once. We are able to track her 'trackmyiphone', face time, etc. Now she has a better iPhone than me :lol: iPhone 6S

They have phone design for even smaller kids, where its locked down to only make 3 pre programmed calls (MoM, Dad, and maybe one other person) and the police and paramedic.

If you not too trill about the whole phone thing, then check this out:

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/device...direct=www.att.com/devices/filip/filip-2.html

Wow that's down the street. Anybody get hit? Thankful your fam ok

Last edited:
Sup dad's! 

Just want to say y'all are really doing great things out here and should be proud of yourselves. 

On the 26th, I move into college, which is a major change for me and my family and I know my dad is definitely feeling it.

We have a close bond... From watching Football every Sunday, to me running errands with him, or us just chilling in the house. 

With that being said, make sure you guys cherish these moments! I'm super excited to move out and become more independent but I'm really going to miss my Dad and the rest of my family. 

Keep up the good work fellas! 
nthat.gif

Ugh.

Can only imagine what you were going through.

Glad that everyone is ok.

broncos19dm broncos19dm

That note up there got me in the feels ...

Much respect to you and your amazing Dad
Good luck with College and remember his first lessons to you....

I hope to be just as good a dad to my lil boy and my baby girl....

Last edited:
Wife is almost at 22 weeks...Going by faster then I thought it would :lol: We finally decided on a name too :lol:

Ugh.

Can only imagine what you were going through.

Glad that everyone is ok.
@broncos19dm

That note up there got me in the feels ...

Much respect to you and your amazing Dad
Good luck with College and remember his first lessons to you....

I hope to be just as good a dad to my lil boy and my baby girl....
Much love guys!

Blessed to have parents who pushed me so hard in school and held high expectations of me...

At times it definitely got frustrating, like I was legit scared to ever bring home a "C" (which I luckily never did 
laugh.gif
).

But I now realized that everything they were doing was to just benefit me in the long run, and set me up with the best future possible. 

No matter where I go in life, I will always carry the core values my parents instilled in me. 

I am genuinely SO blessed to have such a beautiful family who supports me in everything I do... which is why I'm really sad about leaving the house.

Even though I'm only moving in to a school 30 minutes, it is a big transition for everyone. 

This is why I love this thread... I love to see how you guys are giving your kids the best childhood ever because I know mine was perfect. 

just got the note 7.. kinda wish i had a waterproof phone for all the times we went to the water parks and pools ..

Back
Top Bottom