Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I like the name

all my kids have S names...Scarlett, Stella, and Sullivan

If our third was a girl I didn't really look into names much until after we found out the gender but one I would have considered is Savanna
Her name full name is Sloan Brooklyn *******
We were debating between Sloan Steele. Brooklyn is a combination of our name. Brooks and Lyn

^my oldest started summer school today...though not really school

they call it summer camp and it's childcare w/ the YMCA

she has been saying that she doesn't want to go to the YMCA so I've been telling her it's at the youth center

didn't know how drop off would go this morning but my wife said when she got there some girls came running up to her, gaggling over her and one gave her a hug so it was good, fortunately

I need to babysit somebody kids man, I'm having baby fever
Come on down
Resized952019060895083842.jpg

somewhere on my phone i have a pic of the baby poop all over the bed and floor. i'd post it but i'm too tired to look for it cause the baby was crying every 2 hours last night and i had to wake up early to get my son's lunch/snacks/swim bag ready for his first day of summer school. i hope that helped.

That don't bother me. Lil poop is expected. I'm here for the lil giggles and gummy smiles

Come on down
Resized952019060895083842.jpg

I'm on the way fam, absolutely adorable

Wife is really serious about having another kid, I think she is getting the itch as our youngest is turning 3. We got the eggs frozen, however I don't know how that would work since I got fixed. I have two daughters already but I keep telling her 5 doesn't work on rides. Plus that means we need bigger cars with a third row seat, because nobody is going to want to sit touching. I would entertain the idea but I told her the yearly salary needs to increase X amount, not for necessity but for piece of mind and comfort.

However if the things I have lined up pan out we will actually hit that number.

Wife is really serious about having another kid, I think she is getting the itch as our youngest is turning 3. We got the eggs frozen, however I don't know how that would work since I got fixed. I have two daughters already but I keep telling her 5 doesn't work on rides. Plus that means we need bigger cars with a third row seat, because nobody is going to want to sit touching. I would entertain the idea but I told her the yearly salary needs to increase X amount, not for necessity but for piece of mind and comfort.

However if the things I have lined up pan out we will actually hit that number.
going from two to three kids is a big adjustment, on multiple facets

going from two to three kids is a big adjustment, on multiple facets
I am not trying to even get into that life man, wife thinking she slick dragging her feet selling all the old baby furniture. I will sit that **** out on the curb for garbage day.
I get what striking vipers was trying potray
But karl was damn near predatory ...like. An addict.
Wrong thread man, you looking for Netflix or Black Mirror thread.

You guys use sign language?
Do you let him watch a lot of tv or ipad/phone?
Any sign language?
Do you play music (nursery rhymes)? does he sing along?
Do you guys read to him?
What's his doc saying?
No sign language. I do remember the doc suggested that for us when our daughter was doing speech therapy.

I do have the tv on what some may call an unhealthy amount. He's not really sitting down and watching it though.

No phone or tablet for him at this time.

Music is on fairly often and he loves it. Funnily enough (or sad enough) he hums along to The Office or Spongebob's theme song quite well.

Read to him constantly. During the day with mommy and two books before bed with daddy.

Doc suggested an evaluation during his 18 month check up. I just don't feel like going through that again. Did it with my daughter.

Last edited:
No sign language. I do remember the doc suggested that for us when our daughter was doing speech therapy.

I do have the tv on what some may call an unhealthy amount. He's not really sitting down and watching it though.

No phone or tablet for him at this time.

Music is on fairly often and he loves it. Funnily enough (or sad enough) he hums along to The Office or Spongebob's theme song quite well.

Read to him constantly. During the day with mommy and two books before bed with daddy.

Doc suggested an evaluation during his 18 month check up. I just don't feel like going through that again. Did it with my daughter.

I feel you. My son has been in speech therapy for almost a year now. Sign is definitely not a bad idea. It's helped my son a ton. Keep it super simple just to help with communication.

my son just has weird tastes. he absolutely refuses to eat a hamburger but loves pasta with garlic butter and capers. he used to eat raw fish but now only likes fresh white meat fish like mahi and it has to be cooked thoroughly. of course he likes french fries, cheese pizza, and mac & cheese (has to be annies). he does need to eat more greens so i put a little spinach and kale in his smoothies and spinach in his scrambled eggs. the deal with new food is take two bites and then he can tell us what he thinks.

my wife watches my son after his summer school classes and she revamped his whole life. deleted all the games off his ipad (he didn’t use it much) and put a coding game on there. he has to do exercises or kid’s yoga, then kumon, and some writing and phonics then he earns screen time to play the coding game. she’s making a case to be a stay at home mom with our baby girl :lol:
31E53609-CE0A-4EA7-91D1-12760FD7AAA1.jpeg

How strict are you guys with your kids diet?? No shaming. How do you get them to try new things??

They eat whatever we eat when at home. Out in restaurants they of course have the usual chicken tenders and fries kind of kids menu but every now and again we have them try something new like ribs and such. I try to avoid getting them fries at restaurants since they eat fries practically where else. Often places offer fruit as a side and I'll try to get em that instead. Snack wise I try to do fruit like apples, blueberries, and such. Of course they like chips and candy but chips isn't something they get often and candy even less likely

I feel you. My son has been in speech therapy for almost a year now. Sign is definitely not a bad idea. It's helped my son a ton. Keep it super simple just to help with communication.

This! I wished I would have stayed with it with my daughter and myself. When I contracted spinal meningitis at 7-8, I had to learn to speak all over again. In the process I learned sign...took it in high school and didn’t take it serious.

It’s a universal language and it’s skill set that can provide a great income.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom