Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Quick update on my court situation after I won move away orders n primary custody of my son on 18DEC. I was waiting on 30 days to get my son but was unaware(my lawyer trash) that I couldn’t take him after the 30 days (in case the mother wants to appeal). So now I am unable to get my son for another 60 days. I have to get an appellate lawyer cuz my lawyer doesn’t do appellate law( snake moves n about money). So I’m about to drop another 15k on a lawyer. I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent family law APPELLATE attorney in SoCal.
at this point it’s the mom finessing time away from me n the lawyers tryna fleece me. Smh.

I’ve got one on the way. Exciting times
my man! you are in for the best times of your life!

my daughter started daycare this week and she’s already sick 😂 she’s about 20 months old and since the pandemic, hasn’t really interacted with anyone else except my wife, my son, and i, plus my mom. she’s doing ok though. they use an app called brightwheel to send us pics and progress throughout the day. they’re also letting her pee in the potty like she does at home sometimes.
01AA7E48-02A8-4C68-9969-E3EA2052C9F1.jpeg

my daughter started daycare this week and she’s already sick 😂 she’s about 20 months old and since the pandemic, hasn’t really interacted with anyone else except my wife, my son, and i, plus my mom. she’s doing ok though. they use an app called brightwheel to send us pics and progress throughout the day. they’re also letting her pee in the potty like she does at home sometimes.

Congrats man! How y’all feeling with her leaving?

We had our gender reveal last weekend. I’ll be joining Team #GirlDad with you

Congrats man! How y’all feeling with her leaving?
my wife was torn up. called me from her car sobbing. she had to send her somewhere though. it wasn’t fair to either of them while my wife worked from home. i started crying too (when she told me how much it cost 😂)

my 8 year old son was in “school” since he was 3 months old so we never had that issue with him.

Where do you guys get your boys jewelry? Looking for a chain for my 3 year old and a bracelet for my soon to be born son.

At first I reallly didn't want to not get full on solid gold jewelry and I went back and forth on it but ultimately, with the way my boys play, I ended up going gold plated. My boys are 7 and 5 and I hated to do it but once I gave it to them and its been a month now since Christmas, Im super glad I went gold plated. They loved em. Once they get a little older, I told them I'll get them the big boy joints

I know some NTers have copped their kids real Cuban links and they're def adorable, so just depends how much money you are willing to spend/risk lol

Last edited:

Damn this is real.

I woke up to my girl saying that one of our sons friends mom text her at like midnight saying her daughter called a crisis line last night and was wondering if our son had talked to her and knew what was going on.

Def gotta make sure our kids mentals are in a good space

Damn this is real.

I woke up to my girl saying that one of our sons friends mom text her at like midnight saying her daughter called a crisis line last night and was wondering if our son had talked to her and knew what was going on.

Def gotta make sure our kids mentals are in a good space

This. My daughter is still speaking with her therapist once a week - online. I definitely recommend this.

Where do you guys get your boys jewelry? Looking for a chain for my 3 year old and a bracelet for my soon to be born son.
Depends on what u want to spend. Diamond earnings are cheap $79-$200
Chain $100-$2.5k
Bracelet $150-$300

but u can get solid gold Jewlery that won’t break but that cost more. U can def get a nice solid rope $400 (big rope too) and a bracelet (these tend to be more fragile)
traxnyc.com is a good gauge to go off of. Ebayalso has good deals for smaller chains.
it’s really how much u wanna spend.
I got my daughter n youngest son a Miami Cuban for them. That will not ever break but that was around $1.7k. I can always get the chain upgraded to a bigger size when they are older. Or get it shortened to a bracelet if they want.
2E1B1F1E-2C15-4FD1-A1C8-EBF754937CA6.jpeg

DFD15083-DB48-4347-80C0-2270D42E2B8B.jpeg

Chain $100-$2.5k
Bracelet $150-$300

but u can get solid gold Jewlery that won’t break but that cost more. U can def get a nice solid rope $400 (big rope too) and a bracelet (these tend to be more fragile)
traxnyc.com is a good gauge to go off of. Ebayalso has good deals for smaller chains.
I got my daughter n youngest son a Miami Cuban for them. That will not ever break but that was around $1.7k. I can always get the chain upgraded to a bigger size when they are older. Or get it shortened to a bracelet if they want.

So dope! Not gonna lie, your pics are the ones that really made it hard for me to go gold plated lol I never had anything gold plated growing up, I always had solid. Soon enough though..

Yeah I bought my daughter some diamonds when we got her ears pierced just a few months old lol She still has/wears em too

And, you're 100% correct - a solid handmade chain shouldn't break. Do your kids wear them regularly? My 8 year old doesnt take his off but my 5 year old wants to take his off/on all the time

At first I reallly didn't want to not get full on solid gold jewelry and I went back and forth on it but ultimately, with the way my boys play, I ended up going gold plated. My boys are 7 and 5 and I hated to do it but once I gave it to them and its been a month now since Christmas, Im super glad I went gold plated. They loved em. Once they get a little older, I told them I'll get them the big boy joints

I know some NTers have copped their kids real Cuban links and they're def adorable, so just depends how much money you are willing to spend/risk lol

yeah I don’t think I’d do gold plated. I don’t wear gold plated myself due to allergies. But my oldest is wild rough. That’s why he only wears his bracelet for certain occasions. Would be the same for his chain.

Chain $100-$2.5k
Bracelet $150-$300

definitely checking trax out. Thank you. You got both the kids pieces for 1700 or 1700 each. Babies looking just like you 🔥

So dope! Not gonna lie, your pics are the ones that really made it hard for me to go gold plated lol I never had anything gold plated growing up, I always had solid. Soon enough though..

Yeah I bought my daughter some diamonds when we got her ears pierced just a few months old lol She still has/wears em too

And, you're 100% correct - a solid handmade chain shouldn't break. Do your kids wear them regularly? My 8 year old doesnt take his off but my 5 year old wants to take his off/on all the time
Thanks but u are right to. It’s all a preference man. As long as you appreciate it and the child tolerates it lol it’s all good. A lot of Jewlery is made for kids now and as long as it’s good plated gold u should be good.

yeah I don’t think I’d do gold plated. I don’t wear gold plated myself due to allergies. But my oldest is wild rough. That’s why he only wears his bracelet for certain occasions. Would be the same for his chain.

definitely checking trax out. Thank you. You got both the kids pieces for 1700 or 1700 each. Babies looking just like you 🔥

bracelets are kinda fragile to a point. But their Miami’s cubans are dog collars n will never be damaged (it’s that solid). The Miami’s were $1,700.00 each. It’s a heavy link chain. If I was to purchase any other chain with similar gold weight I would be paying 4k so it’s kinda an investment but more of a momentum for them to grow up with. I am just nervous when they are older n about their security with that on them. Only time I take it off is if I am not around them.
As far as Lil Hustle I would get him a 12-16” in chain. 2mm and up for rope like chains (3mm and up if ur worried) n he should be good. It’s also really cheap to fix broken gold.

solewoman solewoman If I was gonna go solid gold there are plenty spots online you can cop from but most of them are taxin. When I buy my son a solid chain I'll go to one of the Miami guys.

I just purchased myself a solid gold Cuban and I called all the top Miami spots (Reys, Limaxi, Leons, etc) and Leons had the best prices with Limaxi a close second. I went with Leons. I dont know style of chain you're looking for but I'd check them or Limaxi out

bracelets are kinda fragile to a point. But their Miami’s cubans are dog collars n will never be damaged (it’s that solid). The Miami’s were $1,700.00 each. It’s a heavy link chain. If I was to purchase any other chain with similar gold weight I would be paying 4k so it’s kinda an investment but more of a momentum for them to grow up with. I am just nervous when they are older n about their security with that on them. Only time I take it off is if I am not around them.
As far as Lil Hustle I would get him a 12-16” in chain. 2mm and up for rope like chains (3mm and up if ur worried) n he should be good. It’s also really cheap to fix broken gold.

much appreciated I’m going to check it out. And I like that they can grow with it.

solewoman solewoman If I was gonna go solid gold there are plenty spots online you can cop from but most of them are taxin. When I buy my son a solid chain I'll go to one of the Miami guys.

I just purchased myself a solid gold Cuban and I called all the top Miami spots (Reys, Limaxi, Leons, etc) and Leons had the best prices with Limaxi a close second. I went with Leons. I dont know style of chain you're looking for but I'd check them or Limaxi out

thank you. Yeah Cuban is what I’m going for. Masculine for the little guys.

much appreciated I’m going to check it out. And I like that they can grow with it.

thank you. Yeah Cuban is what I’m going for. Masculine for the little guys.

Nice! Definitely what I would go with too. Gold prices are OD high right (although the last couple days its been down). I paid $41/gram which is expensive lol a year ago Leons had it at $31/gram for example

With those Miami spots they charge by the gram (as all jewelers should be doing). I know for a kid you're obviously not getting anything big, but I still would go to the Miami guys cuz you're still gonna get the best craftsmanship at the best price.

I'd keep an eye on gold prices and purchase accordingly. I got a quote a couple days apart and saved like $500 for buying few days later, after gold had dropped a bit

One last thing, I found just calling them worked best. Sometimes dm's and messages would go unanswered. Here are 3 of the top spots out there:

Got a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. Just got back from the ultrasound to find out I'm having a fourth daughter... :nerd:
pull out game weak

she's cute
What’s up NT parents !!! These my two boys... 1 reading is 10, the other is 3 and I got another boy coming in June (feeling like lavar) really did want a girl but I’m tapped out.

Cherish these moments

1612114941838.jpeg
you trying to tell me that is a 10 year old reading to a 3 year old?

Back
Top Bottom