Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Not on the will tip, but I'm fighting with myself with regards to how I feel about my mother driving with my kids. Hampers any kind of extended "babysitting" situation that may arise because I dont want her driving with them and I dont feel comfortable telling a grown person they can't go somewhere cuz they have my kids.
I thought I was the only one who wasn’t comfortable with anyone driving with my kids. When our first kid was born my mother in law asked me what kind of car seat do I recommend? I blurted out you won’t be needing that. But to this day… not happening.

I have a life insurance policy that I purchased in 2018. But 75% goes to my mom, 25% goes to my wife (who was my fiancé at the time). Now that I’m married with a baby, I’ve been meaning to increase it and have it all go to my wife. I recently listed my wife as the sole beneficiary of my 401k savings/ investments in case I pass.

Yeap. I have 3 for my daughter and being she the only child. Everything goes to her - have it in the Will. Probate court is such a hassle. Don’t want to put her through that process.

Yeap. I have 3 for my daughter and being she the only child. Everything goes to her - have it in the Will. Probate court is such a hassle. Don’t want to put her through that process.

Yeah my Grandmother passed last year and didn't have a will.

My mom has 5 sisters. But out of those 5 my mom is the only one with her stuff together.

She has had to deal with the probate court and getting a lawyer to deal with all of it.

If she would have had a will or trust it would have been so much easier.

My mom has 5 sisters. But out of those 5 my mom is the only one with her stuff together.

She has had to deal with the probate court and getting a lawyer t with all of it.

Sorry for your loss. Yeah and when it goes through Probate, it can take years before they hear the case or even a verdict.

She has had to deal with the probate court and getting a lawyer to deal with all of it.

condolences

man I feel like my mom and her siblings went thru this when my grandfather passed when I was young.
He had like 6 kids from a previous marriage and they pretty much ended up taking everything and leaving my mom and her 6 siblings with nothing, I think they tried to hire a lawyer to deal with it also but nothing
This was also in another country, kinda hard to deal with since I'm pretty sure he didn't have a will either and all those previous kids were still living there while my mom and everyone were already in CA

20220309_195120.jpg

IMG236476569321539393.jpg

jrp44 jrp44 My baby just started tball too, and her team is the only all black team (or team with more than like 2) and they got 2nd in their first 6 and under tball tournament. Took some very questionable officiating to put it mildly for them to lose the championship too. Its expensive though but I dig the look, pull up to the park and everyone is custom fitted up, unis, hoodies, shorts, same Under Armour bag with embroidery, got my custom Dad shirt we out here

my boy is terrible at sports lol. we stopped trying to force him to do stuff he doesn’t enjoy but we expose him to enough to not be totally embarrassed in p.e. class. he’s pretty good at swimming though. we have a teacher come to our condo on saturdays to work with my son and she does a little with my baby girl. i think she’s gonna be the athletic one.

my boy is terrible at sports lol. we stopped trying to force him to do stuff he doesn’t enjoy but we expose him to enough to not be totally embarrassed in p.e. class. he’s pretty good at swimming though. we have a teacher come to our condo on saturdays to work with my son and she does a little with my baby girl. i think she’s gonna be the athletic one.
I had to give up the dream of being a sports dad when my son was was like 8, 9, somewhere around there. He's 14, super nice, very respectable, hilarious, loves drums, loves building things, but sports? Yeahnaaaah.

You'll figure out what he's into, and you'll dive right into with him. And you'll love it. Because that's what we do. 🤙🔥

-foe

I had to give up the dream of being a sports dad when my son was was like 8, 9, somewhere around there. He's 14, super nice, very respectable, hilarious, loves drums, loves building things, but sports? Yeahnaaaah.

You'll figure out what he's into, and you'll dive right into with him. And you'll love it. Because that's what we do. 🤙🔥

-foe
yeah man! he’s 10 now but we stopped pushing a few years ago. and my boy is the same. super polite, funny, compassionate.

he loves fishing and exploring the reefs and rivers for creatures so that’s something he and i do. reminds me that i promised to take him next week on his spring break.

A2A5117A-075F-4D38-95D8-FE195E4A041F.jpeg

yeah man! he’s 10 now but we stopped pushing a few years ago. and my boy is the same. super polite, funny, compassionate.

he loves fishing and exploring the reefs and rivers for creatures so that’s something he and i do. reminds me that i promised to take him next week on his spring break.

A2A5117A-075F-4D38-95D8-FE195E4A041F.jpeg
There it is. 🤙 That's awesome, man, and honestly sounds like my boy. 🤣🔥 He has always loved exploring nature. Good for you 2, my man. 🔥

-foe

Back
Top Bottom