Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Idk how old that baby is but I wouldn't give my teething infant a can. I'm scared she might cut herself.

Had a tough talk with my 13 yr old daughter bout birds/bees boys and all that. She asks almost every weekend to go out I'm like hell nah.
Its my second time around (21 yr old daughter) but this generation up on game hella fast.
My son is 12 (6th grade) and I feel like that talk is coming soon. He hasn't started showing interest in girls yet, but he's starting to go through puberty and I know kids are going to start talking about things at school (if they aren't already) that will make him wonder. I'd rather he hears it from me, but also don't want to freak him out. To you fathers with older sons, what age did you have that talk with your boys and do you have any advice? Did you wait for them to start asking questions? Did you lay it all out there at once or have multiple small conversations over time?

My son is 12 (6th grade) and I feel like that talk is coming soon. He hasn't started showing interest in girls yet, but he's starting to go through puberty and I know kids are going to start talking about things at school (if they aren't already) that will make him wonder. I'd rather he hears it from me, but also don't want to freak him out. To you fathers with older sons, what age did you have that talk with your boys and do you have any advice? Did you wait for them to start asking questions? Did you lay it all out there at once or have multiple small conversations over time?
Talked early with my eldest around 10 when he said babies come out da butt. We talked about intercourse but I mainly focused on feelings and how not be jealous/overbearing plain out being a sucka (being in tune with his own feels). Hes 19 now and has a gf of 2yrs smh.

I know schools send out notices before they do sex edu so I try and prep em before hand

Talked early with my eldest around 10 when he said babies come out da butt. We talked about intercourse but I mainly focused on feelings and how not be jealous/overbearing plain out being a sucka (being in tune with his own feels). Hes 19 now and has a gf of 2yrs smh.

I know schools send out notices before they do sex edu so I try and prep em before hand
You told your 10 year old where babies come from? My son is already on the immature side, so I can't imagine how that would go... even now. My son and 9 y/o daughter think that doctors remove babies from the woman's tummy and I'm ok with that for now.
My kids go to a private (Catholic) school, so I don' t think there's any explicit sex ed. AFAIK, they talk about loving your partner and having respect for life, but nothing much more than that. At home we've covered alot of the important topics that the school wouldn't cover (or condone), but not explicitly about what goes where or how babies are made, etc. My son is starting to get more private about using the bathroom, showering, dressing, etc so I know it's about that time.

My son goes to a private school as well. One day this year he asks "dad, do you make all the decisions for the house?" I said, no I work together with mommy tk determine the best course of action for the family.

And he responds with "well my teacher said men make all the decisions."

I said run that past your mother and see how that convo goes.

You told your 10 year old where babies come from? My son is already on the immature side, so I can't imagine how that would go... even now. My son and 9 y/o daughter think that doctors remove babies from the woman's tummy and I'm ok with that for now.
My kids go to a private (Catholic) school, so I don' t think there's any explicit sex ed. AFAIK, they talk about loving your partner and having respect for life, but nothing much more than that. At home we've covered alot of the important topics that the school wouldn't cover (or condone), but not explicitly about what goes where or how babies are made, etc. My son is starting to get more private about using the bathroom, showering, dressing, etc so I know it's about that time.
Yup. Told him it comes from the "life canal" but touched more on the "feels" of being horny. so they don't be pedo pervy off the weird stuff online. All it takes is one visual off a Celly and they get hooked

my son is in the 5th grade and the school notified us a few months ago so my wife had the talk with him. i was tripping because i remember sex ed being in 7th grade. my wife said it’s probably because kids (especially girls) are hitting puberty way younger.

Wife teaches dance. Girls are absolutely developing WAY earlier than when we were kids. She’s had to help them with certain things and whatnot. Seemed crazy to me but I guess that’s just what it is now.

My 2 boys remind me so much of my brother and I :lol: Fighting and wrestling one min, then best friends the next. They are 7 & 4...can't imagine the chaos in my house in a few more years

Think my 4 month old has eczema. Gonna take him during his routine checkup. Anyone deal with baby skin rashes as such?

Think my 4 month old has eczema. Gonna take him during his routine checkup. Anyone deal with baby skin rashes as such?
the thing that has worked the best for us is taking my daughter to the beach and letting her cruise in the tide pools for hours. the salt water here seems to be more therapeutic than creams/lotions (we use cerave and occasionally one of the prescription steroidal creams).

Common in babies. There's some good butt rash creams if that's what you're dealing with. We lather the boy up in baby aquaphor after every shower and his skin is way better

We use this.
IMG_6635.jpeg

My daughter is 18 months and she would get a lot of rashes on her forearms, wrists, armpits, cheeks, back of neck, etc. when she was younger (what a wild statement 😆). Our pediatrician wrote a prescription for a heavy-duty steroid cream (I think Triamcinolone Acetonide). It actually came in a tub like aquaphor. We use that specifically on rashes and then cerave for the rest of her body post shower. Supposedly the heavy-duty cream can cause pigment loss (we haven’t experienced it with her) but we’re putting it only on her rashes and not her entire body. However, we didn’t want to take the risk on her face so we did a normal hydrocortisone cream on her cheeks and eyelids whenever those rashes appeared. I’d def reach out to your pediatrician about it, her skin has cleared up alot.

going back to the birds and bee's/puberty topic

my daughter will be 11 in June and my wife has already or soon will be making up a period pouch for her just in case

had both of my daughters at their annual checkups a couple of weeks ago and the doctor wanted to talk to my daughter alone about the puberty topic while me and her younger sister waited outside

for those with girls that went through it, at what age did it happen?

crumps brother crumps brother
It happened pretty late for my daughter. She was in 8th grade.

Any of your kids see a therapist? My daughter told me that she gets panic attacks and has to leave class and take some time to just chill, her teachers are ok. She told them what’s going on. She also said she feels withdrawn a lot.

She did say she doesn’t ever feel like harming herself. She said she just doesn’t feel like herself.

I just told her it’s perfectly normal to want to talk to someone and got into the specifics of it. She doesn’t want medication she just wants to talk to someone.

Tbh I feel like it’s pretty common for a 17 year old girl and I’m just happy she was mature enough to ask me for help.

I hope she can just use an adult therapist. I know pediatric are hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom