Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Did she get her tetanus shots already?  Both my daughters, we waited til after their tetanus shots (6 months) to be safe...  

My kids are all up to date with their shots. My old lady is a pediatric nurse so I had no worries. Hell she gives kids shots all days with no dambs given but when it comes to our kids she says she couldn't even imagine giving them the needle.

My kids are all up to date with their shots. My old lady is a pediatric nurse so I had no worries. Hell she gives kids shots all days with no dambs given but when it comes to our kids she says she couldn't even imagine giving them the needle.
Hahaha!  I'd probably feel the same lol  Yeah, my kids got their shots at 6 months thats why I asked.  I remember the pedia saying that its best if you do it after shots are done.

I've been helping out with my son's soccer team for the past couple weeks and the coach asked me yesterday to be an assistant coach..Gonna be mostly working with the goalies and help during scrimmages/games to keep the kids in their correct positions..I've never coached before but I'm pretty excited and my son is super happy..

Any of y'all ever coached your kids' sport/s teams before?..

I've been helping out with my son's soccer team for the past couple weeks and the coach asked me yesterday to be an assistant coach..Gonna be mostly working with the goalies and help during scrimmages/games to keep the kids in their correct positions..I've never coached before but I'm pretty excited and my son is super happy..

yes, I was the coach for my sons initial flag football team, and assistant coach on his tackle football teams.

It's super rewarding, and depending on your role, can be a lot of work/time consuming.

that said, all of my experience has been football.

My sons also played soccer and baseball, and the soccer load looked much lighter (from the sideline), since it was more of the kids kinda just running around, since they were a bit younger.

the younger ages are more about learning the game/fundamentals and having the experience.

Older leagues are going to be more competition oriented and skill-based, so more work is involved.

and btw, my first coaching experience was his first year of flag football. I just dove in. lol was awesome though.

how old is your son?

Last edited:

When my son was 3 he was running over to me during the game

Had to watch from the bushes

When my son was 3 he was running over to me during the game

Had to watch from the bushes

ha funny bro.

Coaching my at-that-time 7 year old sons football, my almost 2 year old son got literally ran over by our RB and two defenders tackling him out of bounds....

My son wandered into the box and took one for the team.

had to run him to emergency to make sure he didn't get a concussion/etc. but he checked out.

Last edited:
My son is 8 ..This year of soccer is really the start of learning specific positions and and what each positions job is..

It's been fun so far and our coach is a really good guy..Doesn't mind input from me or the other assistant coach..And he has an organized plan for each practice..

My son is 8 ..This year of soccer is really the start of learning specific positions and and what each positions job is..

It's been fun so far and our coach is a really good guy..Doesn't mind input from me or the other assistant coach..And he has an organized plan for each practice..

Nice, you and your son will have a great time!

In regards to your experience, 8 is a great age. It's harder when they are younger (5 years old was my first experience), so I wouldn't sweat too much. The beauty of assistant vs. head coach is you can kinda follow thehead coaches lead and direction. it's not all on your plate per se. Just roll with it, I think you'll do awesome man.

Last edited:
Just found out this week that my wife is pregnant
pimp.gif
took about over a year of trying and trying different methods. We finally went to a doc and my wife was put on some medication to get the egg bigger and a trigger shot and now we are pregnant
pimp.gif

Just found out this week that my wife is pregnant :pimp: took about over a year of trying and trying different methods. We finally went to a doc and my wife was put on some medication to get the egg bigger and a trigger shot and now we are pregnant :pimp:

congrats bro

Just found out this week that my wife is pregnant :pimp: took about over a year of trying and trying different methods. We finally went to a doc and my wife was put on some medication to get the egg bigger and a trigger shot and now we are pregnant :pimp:
Congrats

Somebody dicing onions?

Always a beautiful thing to see willing, able,trying parents get their wish. :pimp:

Took my daughter (3 months) to get her ears pierced over the weekend.

Figured might as well while she can't touch her ears and she would just cry herself to sleep.

My girls cousin had her daughter do it at the age of 4 and she likes to show them off and kept on touching them
And other kids were touching them and they got infected.

We just did our daughters on Saturday and she's only 2 months. She did great.

Congrats bro

BothHalfGelada.gif

Last edited:
My daughter pulls her hair or ears when she gets upset. She has pulled her earrings out before. It's why I didn't want her to get her ears pierces to begin with. I would wait until they were older, like 3.

Moms bought this big inflatable pool and a pack of 200 ball pit balls from Amazon in it and the babies had the times of their lives this weekend at my great niece's 1st birthday party. Going to throw one up at the house now. Officially put my baby contraptions count up to like 2,000; walkers, swings, walking cart, bouncer, pool. They also have a portable ball pit with a hoop in it for like $12, comes in a small bag and just springs into shape when you take it out, putting it back in is tough though

Last edited:
My daughter pulls her hair or ears when she gets upset. She has pulled her earrings out before. It's why I didn't want her to get her ears pierces to begin with. I would wait until they were older, like 3.

Man, when my daughter gets frustrated she looks pulls at her and starts whining. Glad we haven't gotten her ears pierced yet.

I'll wait until my daughter actually says she WANTS to get her ears pierced and it's something she's looking forward to.  My wife wanted to get them pierced when she was first born, but I think it's something she should actually go through to understand that she will have to experience pain and take care of them or they'll cause her additional discomfort.

Moms getting dressed up just as much as the kids on the first day of school... I ain't complaining though :lol:

Currently potty training my son..He knows he should use it, just stubborn like his dad I guess. Best thread on here brahs. :nthat:

Hey question fellas did y'all littles ones ever grunt and coo in their sleep? My little one does and she gets pretty loud sometimes.

At what age did yall start potty training?

My son tosses and turns and throws the blanket off of himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom