Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

^my older two, there bed time is when it starts getting a bit darker here (8:30ish)

But the one tries to tell me it’s not bed time when I’m trying to get her ready for bed, says it’s morning, and the sky is light blue, not dark blue

If she keeps this nonsense up she can start going to bed at 5PM in the middle of winter
Yeah, my daughter been hitting me with that "Is it night?...But the sky is still blue" here recently. Trying to think if I should move the bed time back, but I don't want to mess up the routine we got going.

For parents with kids not in school, are you letting them stay up later in the summer time? I get my kids in the bath at about 7:45...all set for bed by 8:30. And right now, the sun is still out when I'm trying to get them to call it a night. Just feels weird and kinda wrong.

You guys with infants/toddlers letting them kick it in the summer?

13 year old has a 9:30 bedtime at the moment but he usually takes himself to bed around 9pm. Little ones in bed by 8:30 as well.
During the summer 13 year old's time turns into "Don't be up all night" and the little ones fluctuate between the normal 8:30 and 9pm

My guy started swim lessons last week and he loves it. He gets pissed when we have to leave lol. Hopefully it sticks.

We are looking to start getting our girls into something extracurricular activities. Was looking at track soon but thought soccer would be pretty cool too. Swimming is a good idea as well

13 year old has a 9:30 bedtime at the moment but he usually takes himself to bed around 9pm. Little ones in bed by 8:30 as well.
During the summer 13 year old's time turns into "Don't be up all night" and the little ones fluctuate between the normal 8:30 and 9pm

We are looking to start getting our girls into something extracurricular activities. Was looking at track soon but thought soccer would be pretty cool too. Swimming is a good idea as well

how old are they? I think swimming is a must. We want to start him in soccer this fall and possibly t-ball and basketball. Still looking for leagues for 2 year olds.

For parents with kids not in school, are you letting them stay up later in the summer time? I get my kids in the bath at about 7:45...all set for bed by 8:30. And right now, the sun is still out when I'm trying to get them to call it a night. Just feels weird and kinda wrong.

My youngest will shut it down when she is ready, however the older one she stays up way to late. She will just be in her room playing with the night light on or laying in bed. We send them upstairs around 8:30 though.
Yeah, my daughter been hitting me with that "Is it night?...But the sky is still blue" here recently. Trying to think if I should move the bed time back, but I don't want to mess up the routine we got going.
Go ahead and mess it up for the summer unless she is a bear to get up in the morning.

We keep him on a schedule. He is up at 5am regardless of which day of the week it is. So:
545 - dinner
615 - bath, book, spanish and colors review, prayers
7-730 - in bed

Lately he will not go to sleep and just play with his blinds smh since the light can be distracting.

how old are they? I think swimming is a must. We want to start him in soccer this fall and possibly t-ball and basketball. Still looking for leagues for 2 year olds.

3 & 4
We really wanna put them in something pretty soon. They got plenty of energy and this is a great time to get them into some sports

so the other day my 2 year old
mind u she a preemie
born 3 months early
but my 2 year old just started randomly reading words
off this box she was holding
so my wife makes her these flash cards
and she just starts reading em
these are kindergarten sight words
but she sitting up there saying em
we didnt teach her them or anything
my 13 year old is GREAT at math as well
he's in advanced math
and already has recommendation letters from his teachers
feels good watching ur excel and learn

my kindergartner told me last night that she wants a shirt with a check on it :lol:

I asked her who wears them at school and she mentioned a few classmates

next pair of shoes will probably be a pair of Nikes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯™

mind u she a preemie
born 3 months early
he's in advanced math

Too dope. My girl works so hard with my kids on this stuff. I'm forever in debt to her for that.

My 18th month old is just starting to try and day stuff. He'll repeat after his big sister when she talks to him...it be so damn cute. Then when my girl is working with him he'll try to repeat the words. Then I come in and be like "Say dada" and I just get the blank stare. Like bruh, you was JUST saying this with sister.

It's cool though. I'm in charge of getting the jump shot right for the family. We getting there. Daughter is a righty but the son taking after pops lucky lefty style.

mind u she a preemie
born 3 months early
he's in advanced math

Baby is too cute! that is legit firethat she's got those words down.

Anyone’s kid ever dealt with separation anxiety from the mom? Anytime my wife walks away from my daughter she starts crying and will run after her. It’s starting to get to the point where my wife can’t even walk to the kitchen and back because my daughter starts crying.

Anyone’s kid ever dealt with separation anxiety from the mom? Anytime my wife walks away from my daughter she starts crying and will run after her. It’s starting to get to the point where my wife can’t even walk to the kitchen and back because my daughter starts crying.

:rofl: just wait until you have to drop her off at a TK, they'll be screaming bloody murder!!
When i would drop her off, I'd let her cry and yell and be gone (its hard) ... but when my wife would drop her off she would stay with her, sit down with her and not leave :smh: the teachers told me to talk to my wife to man up ...

ahhh time goes by fast, with that being said - we're expecting our second child in November :pimp:

How old?
I hope it will pass. Lol my son is like this. I never get any privacy. He bursts in the bathroom even. If he wants to do something with his dad he will come get me and push me in the direction so we all can do it. I think he’s lowkey a bully.

^minor separation anxiety

I just get her out of sight and get him interested in something else

as for vasectomy, the whole process wasn't too bad...I don't think I was all the way numb

the assisting nurse was good looking which was a bit nerve racking at first :blush:

i tell you that this past few days have been a good refresher on why having a newborn sucks :lol:
my poor wife told me she doesn't even feel like a human because all the baby wants is to breastfeed all day and night. she asked me to take the baby at around 6 this morning and she went to lay down in the living room. i walked around the bedroom and talked to my daughter for about 20 minutes until she went to sleep then i put her on her dock-a-tot next to me on the bed and i closed my eyes. my wife comes in about 45 minutes later worried that my son was gonna be late for school and me late for work. as soon as she came in the room, the baby started to grumble and wake up. lol those damn baby senses are no joke. i told my wife to go back and lay down but she only managed another 10 minutes or so until she came back. i played with the baby for an hour or so yesterday while my wife and son went to the pool. i cook some good dinners, clean up, buy some nice desserts, occupy my son as best as i can, but it's still rough. thank goodness the baby is easier than my son though. aside from all the sleeplessness, the poop on my hand, the frustration of buttoning up pajamas (why don't they make all of them with zippers?!?!?!?!), and everything else, i love holding my daughter. i can look at her for hours lol. i love seeing how strong my wife can be (she's in her second year of her MBA and taking online classes right now). i love having new life in our family.

i tell you that this past few days have been a good refresher on why having a newborn sucks :lol:
my poor wife told me she doesn't even feel like a human because all the baby wants is to breastfeed all day and night. she asked me to take the baby at around 6 this morning and she went to lay down in the living room. i walked around the bedroom and talked to my daughter for about 20 minutes until she went to sleep then i put her on her dock-a-tot next to me on the bed and i closed my eyes. my wife comes in about 45 minutes later worried that my son was gonna be late for school and me late for work. as soon as she came in the room, the baby started to grumble and wake up. lol those damn baby senses are no joke. i told my wife to go back and lay down but she only managed another 10 minutes or so until she came back. i played with the baby for an hour or so yesterday while my wife and son went to the pool. i cook some good dinners, clean up, buy some nice desserts, occupy my son as best as i can, but it's still rough. thank goodness the baby is easier than my son though. aside from all the sleeplessness, the poop on my hand, the frustration of buttoning up pajamas (why don't they make all of them with zippers?!?!?!?!), and everything else, i love holding my daughter. i can look at her for hours lol. i love seeing how strong my wife can be (she's in her second year of her MBA and taking online classes right now). i love having new life in our family.

Brah. Daughter is turning a month old in a couple days and I have those exact feelings. First child also but man, major props to the mothers. Wife was telling me how she feels like Hodor or Theon and her sole purpose is to just take care of this baby - Bran. But man looking at them two it’s nuts, my everything.

My daughter was the same way. Lasted for about six months

my kindergartner told me last night that she wants a shirt with a check on it :lol:

I asked her who wears them at school and she mentioned a few classmates

next pair of shoes will probably be a pair of Nikes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯™
tenor.gif

No longer can I just stop off in the Nike outlet for me, I have to check out the selection for the wife guess what she might think is cute. Stop off in the little kids section and get my girls something. They have like 6/7 pairs of shoes they can't even fit yet. :smh:.

i wanna get clipped how is the process?

alot of pain?
how long is recovery?
A lot let pain than you would think, as you are leaving it is almost equal to the pain of a good leg day. You walk a little gingerly, but nothing unbearable. I don't think I put any ice on after just chilled with a drink and hung out with the wife and kids. Recovery I think is 3-5 days.

Back
Top Bottom