Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Anyone’s kid ever dealt with separation anxiety from the mom? Anytime my wife walks away from my daughter she starts crying and will run after her. It’s starting to get to the point where my wife can’t even walk to the kitchen and back because my daughter starts crying.
HELL YEAH all the time you would think I was a damn stranger when the wife leaves the younger one. I am like I am right here you know, I feed you and carry you, I must be your damn butler or something. :smh:. As she is getting older it is getting better.

Not telling you guys how to parent but have your wife leave more and more to help her get over it. When wife would drop our girls off at daycare it would take her like 20 mins just trying to trick them to let her go. I run things like an assembly line, put your jacket away, hug, have a good day, lets roll.
:rofl: just wait until you have to drop her off at a TK, they'll be screaming bloody murder!!
When i would drop her off, I'd let her cry and yell and be gone (its hard) ... but when my wife would drop her off she would stay with her, sit down with her and not leave :smh: the teachers told me to talk to my wife to man up ...

ahhh time goes by fast, with that being said - we're expecting our second child in November :pimp:
Early or late November? Man who you telling when my wife was dropping our oldest off at daycare it took her like 45 mins. She drove past the daycare PURPOSELY 3 times, not ready to drop her off. She called me I'm not going to work today I am staying home with Kallie. I was like what. :smh:

Anyone’s kid ever dealt with separation anxiety from the mom? Anytime my wife walks away from my daughter she starts crying and will run after her. It’s starting to get to the point where my wife can’t even walk to the kitchen and back because my daughter starts crying.
Make sure she’s not enabling. Wifey’s be lying up and down lol. 2nd youngest used to have a heart attack when shed use bathroom.

It’ll pass with time
Dont trip

I’m hoping, just want to speed up the process.

:rofl: just wait until you have to drop her off at a TK, they'll be screaming bloody murder!!
When i would drop her off, I'd let her cry and yell and be gone (its hard) ... but when my wife would drop her off she would stay with her, sit down with her and not leave :smh: the teachers told me to talk to my wife to man up ...

ahhh time goes by fast, with that being said - we're expecting our second child in November :pimp:

Man I can’t wait for that. Let her burn her energy out so we can chill at night. I’m sure my wife would be the one not wanting to leave her. Congrats brotha.

How old?
I hope it will pass. Lol my son is like this. I never get any privacy. He bursts in the bathroom even. If he wants to do something with his dad he will come get me and push me in the direction so we all can do it. I think he’s lowkey a bully.

She’s 2 turns 3 next month. She’s definitely strong willed. When she wants you to play with her she’ll make that happen.

My daughter was the same way. Lasted for about six months

Damn that’s a long time.

HELL YEAH all the time you would think I was a damn stranger when the wife leaves the younger one. I am like I am right here you know, I feed you and carry you, I must be your damn butler or something. :smh:. As she is getting older it is getting better.

Not telling you guys how to parent but have your wife leave more and more to help her get over it. When wife would drop our girls off at daycare it would take her like 20 mins just trying to trick them to let her go. I run things like an assembly line, put your jacket away, hug, have a good day, lets roll.

Early or late November? Man who you telling when my wife was dropping our oldest off at daycare it took her like 45 mins. She drove past the daycare PURPOSELY 3 times, not ready to drop her off. She called me I'm not going to work today I am staying home with Kallie. I was like what. :smh:

Man it’s the same with me, she’ll treat me like a stranger when she’s gone even though I’m the one always playing with her. I’m the same way as you, keep everything to a routine and keep it moving.

Make sure she’s not enabling. Wifey’s be lying up and down lol. 2nd youngest used to have a heart attack when shed use bathroom.
Ya I gotta have my wife toughen up, she goes soft seeing our daughter cry.

How old?
I hope it will pass. Lol my son is like this. I never get any privacy. He bursts in the bathroom even. If he wants to do something with his dad he will come get me and push me in the direction so we all can do it. I think he’s lowkey a bully.
Man...bathroom time is shared time for real. Has been since the 2nd one started walking. That's why I **** while they play in the tub for bath time. Efficiency.

Thankfully they have recently started to respect what bed time is and will stay in their room for the night.

titang545 titang545 fam :rofl: id text her saying, “hows work?” ... replied with “not sure, ive been here sitting with camila at school.”

:smh:

Expecting around mid november,.
:rofl::rofl:

Women man they would be there all day if they could. Our oldest was born on the 4th. Congrats.
Man I can’t wait for that. Let her burn her energy out so we can chill at night. I’m sure my wife would be the one not wanting to leave her. Congrats brotha.

She’s 2 turns 3 next month. She’s definitely strong willed. When she wants you to play with her she’ll make that happen.

Damn that’s a long time.

Man it’s the same with me, she’ll treat me like a stranger when she’s gone even though I’m the one always playing with her. I’m the same way as you, keep everything to a routine and keep it moving.

Ya I gotta have my wife toughen up, she goes soft seeing our daughter cry.
Damn my youngest is 3 and is very strongwilled. I swear I am like who are you, you are nothing like your sister. She is just passive aggressive to her younger sister. I got news for you they don't get tired those naps are like a re-up on super soldier serum. They come back ready like nothing happened.

So we had been talking about getting my daughter a bike for a while. 10 days ago we decide, alright, lets hit the store.

So we go to the store. We put her on a bike to see how she does. She can't pedal. I was a bit short tempered that morning I guess, cuz I eventually stated to her that she would either actually pedal the bike or she would not get it. Part of it was I was feeling she wasn't trying very hard, but most likely I was just being short.

Anywho, she's not pedaling. I take her over to try a little tricycle where the pedals move while the wheels move. She can pedal the tricycle. So we decide to get the tricycle...practice on that.

10 days, some practice and and a few squats later and she was pedaling that bike today.

It's a blue paw patrol bike. Her mama won't be happy. But it's 12 inch wheels and she'll need 14 or 16 inch wheels in no time. Then little man can have the bike.

For parents with kids not in school, are you letting them stay up later in the summer time? I get my kids in the bath at about 7:45...all set for bed by 8:30. And right now, the sun is still out when I'm trying to get them to call it a night. Just feels weird and kinda wrong.

You guys with infants/toddlers letting them kick it in the summer?

Until my kids are older where they actually want to sleep in, I won't let them stay up past their normal bedtime just because it's summer, weekend, etc. When my wife and I first had our son, we did not enforce any bedtimes and never put him on any kind of real routine. We fed him whenever he was hungry and put him to sleep when he was tired. He was a terrible sleeper and was constantly waking up multiple times a night, turning us into zombies every damn day. It was not until he was almost 3 and my daughter was born that we finally decided to take back our lives and put the kids on a schedule. It was the best move we ever made. Now, the kids are in bed no later than 8pm every night and we have a few hours to ourselves. When we have something that keeps us out later than normal and we end up putting the kids to bed past their bedtime, they still wake up at the same time (6:30-ish) in the morning, so it just means they had less sleep and are more cranky and more likely to end up sick. I find that getting the kids to bed earlier helps them stay happy and healthy, so I don't plan on changing that just because they don't have school in the morning.

For parents with kids not in school, are you letting them stay up later in the summer time? I get my kids in the bath at about 7:45...all set for bed by 8:30. And right now, the sun is still out when I'm trying to get them to call it a night. Just feels weird and kinda wrong.

You guys with infants/toddlers letting them kick it in the summer?
My 12 and 13 year old go to sleep at 930 SHARP
On school nights
When it’s not a school night
Or it’s the summer
I let em stay up
They either chillin with me in my room
Cause I stay up late anyway
Or in their room
They work hard all school year
I give them a break during the summer
That’s how it’s always been
Their bed time hasn’t always been 930
Started at 830
Then gradually every other year
Pushed back 30 min

Son came home yesterday
His teacher is recommending him for an algebra class for next year
Wants him to always do a grade above
For his last years in school
So he can more than likely get a scholarship.
My son told me he wants to go to Harvard
And he wants to become an electric engineer

10 days, some practice and and a few squats later and she was pedaling that bike today.

It's a blue paw patrol bike. Her mama won't be happy. But it's 12 inch wheels and she'll need 14 or 16 inch wheels in no time. Then little man can have the bike.
Curious why the squats?
Son came home yesterday
His teacher is recommending him for an algebra class for next year
Wants him to always do a grade above
For his last years in school
So he can more than likely get a scholarship.
My son told me he wants to go to Harvard
And he wants to become an electric engineer
Did you tear up?

In not so proud news looks like someone is about to get tore up tonight. :smh: Not listening, kicking and hitting the teacher. Then the oldest wants to have a little extra lip.

Took my little guy to his first Mariners game.

Mariners.jpg

Until my kids are older where they actually want to sleep in, I won't let them stay up past their normal bedtime just because it's summer, weekend, etc. When my wife and I first had our son, we did not enforce any bedtimes and never put him on any kind of real routine. We fed him whenever he was hungry and put him to sleep when he was tired. He was a terrible sleeper and was constantly waking up multiple times a night, turning us into zombies every damn day. It was not until he was almost 3 and my daughter was born that we finally decided to take back our lives and put the kids on a schedule. It was the best move we ever made. Now, the kids are in bed no later than 8pm every night and we have a few hours to ourselves. When we have something that keeps us out later than normal and we end up putting the kids to bed past their bedtime, they still wake up at the same time (6:30-ish) in the morning, so it just means they had less sleep and are more cranky and more likely to end up sick. I find that getting the kids to bed earlier helps them stay happy and healthy, so I don't plan on changing that just because they don't have school in the morning.

In 100% agreement to the schedule piece, I only have 1 child (15 months) and she has the same schedule at daycare and at home and I feel like it keeps things running smoothly. Daylight Savings has really taking on a new meaning while being a parent. I have to darken the room as much as possible so she knows its still time for bed.

The schedule thing is great when it sticks really well. I remember going home to visit my mom and 'nem and had almost all of my nieces and nephews over and they all playin' and I could tell my girls was gettin' a bit whiny so I was like "It's time to take a nap". Of course my moms was trying to stop me and let the girls keep playin' but had to tell her that my girls NEED they afternoon nap.

That was a few years ago, even now my girls will tell me they sleepy either in the afternoon when we are out and about and we miss their nap or even later at night if we let them stay up a bit. If you can get your kids on a schedule I'll wager it'll pay off WELL

Back
Top Bottom