Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

my 1st born just started Pre-K 2 weeks and I got mad emotional out of nowhere when i was dropping him off. :lol: but he has adjusted well and looks forward to school everyday.

His little bro is a little sad because his best friend isn't at home with him anymore :smh: nobody warned me of these feelings.

i remember droppin all 3 of mine on their first days. now 2 outta 3 are done with college and one's in his 2nd yr. goes by faster than u think fam. enjoy every second, these mofo's change after awhile :lol:

It's been a crazy week. We welcomed a new kid into the world last Friday and I've been taking some time just embracing the new life before sharing it with the world. I feel like I'm finally ready to share him with others so in many ways I'm starting with NT first.

My second son Kassius is ready to take on the world and I'm so excited about his journey.

Baby Kash and big bro.

20230909_104611.jpg

20230914_223051.jpg

20230910_162713.jpg

20230913_072142.jpg

Me and my oldest the other day after riding our bikes for nearly 3 hours. He just learned to ride this summer. It's so fun venturing our further as we explore our new neighborhood.

20230913_175017.jpg

Heart is heavy and warm.
elder 2 came from outta town to celebrate my youngest kiddos bday. Haven't had all 5 of em in one roof in a minute.

Good to see newborns on here!!Bless up to all y'all and take care of the mothers. postpartum is real

Last edited:
Had a brain fart for a sec when reading this post and reviewing the pic. I had to scroll down to see the kid.

Screenshot_20231012_140338_Chrome.jpg

I actually game with my oldest quite a bit and he's learning to pick up Madden now. I could see me making a similar post with a caption like "I had to show these young whipper snappers what time it is".

sonoftony sonoftony congrats again fam. Good looking kid!

20231011_142849.jpg

20231011_144301.jpg

Da little one just turned a month today guise , greatest thing to ever happen. Ot was really nice today here in NY so decided to take a Daughter and daddy walk around da neighborhood, and give mommy a bit of a break. But yeah she is something else :blush::emoji_angel::emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_heart_eyes:

Oh yeah and she UNDS'd her first pair of white on whites :nthat:

Beautiful kids ya'll....

mine are just growing too dang fast..... true what they say - days are long but years are short!

They do grow so fast!
Some times I feel so guilty cause things are so busy and we don't get to spend as much time as we want.
Rush home, get dinner ready, get kids in bed... weekends get them to their extracurriculars, we gotta clean and meal prep for upcoming week, I gotta get work done (for upcoming week, take home stuff).

for real for real! i'm in my 40s and want another kid. idgad

My colleague had a newborn at 50. My other colleague was telling me "what is he doing? We are the same age and my youngest is in high school" lol

Congrats to all the new NT dads. Your first kid really changes everything (actually any kid does). All other NT dads, keep it up! They may not fully appreciate all your hard work now, but one day they will understand.

Agree w y’all. I have four kids and had my last one at 44. But i feel like im still in my early 30s. It’s all about the mindset and enjoying what they bring and how they enrich your life. I’d rather be tired and penniless (after bills paid of course) than rich and kid-free IMO.

My boys are 6 (7 next month) and 3 (4 in January) they are in that torment each other then be best friends 5 min later stage....yesterday my oldest had his brother in a headlock and was trying to get him to eat dog food...my wife lost her mind and couldn't believe it...let her know wait until they are older :lol:...that's nothing compared to how my brother and I were

Always hated when adults didn't answer why questions and instead hit kids with, "because I said so."

But I also know why's could be never ending.

Always hated when adults didn't answer why questions and instead hit kids with, "because I said so."

when my son was born, my mom gave us this newspaper clipping where this old lady was saying that parents need to train their kids with the “because i said so”. i had to explain to her how that **** was old school. from when my son was really young, we explained things to him instead. to stop him from trying to take us down a rabbit hole, we learned to set firm boundaries.

My son has been raised asking questions and I wouldn't change it for the world. Now in our 16 years, has there been times where I was like "Jesus christ, kid, you're killing me here"? Yes, yes there has been. 🤣 And that's fine. I've probably told him 'Because I said so' maybe a half dozen times his whole life, and they were urgent (literally one time was us unloading a car for a friend in the street and my son was in the way of a car coming and I yelled 'Move' and he goes 'Why? You said'... and I pushed the ish out of him to the curb right as the car slammed on their brakes and I yelled 'I said MOVE!')

But yeah, you're spot on: Say no to 'Because I said so.'

Uncreative thinking is learned. Before school, many parents kill it in their kids first.

"Don't touch that."
"Don't play in that."

"Don't ask me why, it's because I said so."

Click on the video for it because it isn't loading on NT.

Last edited:
ngl, i do my absolute best to answer questions, discuss, explain, everything under the sun...but man sometimes it is cuz im saying to do it. |l

Taking care of my baby in his first month of life is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done. And apparently this is the easy part lol. I’m dying

Taking care of my baby in his first month of life is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done. And apparently this is the easy part lol. I’m dying
Who told you it was the 'easy part'? The first two months is completely nuts, but I am confident you'll be fine.

Constant communication with your partner is a MUST. Also, when you get the chance to nap/sleep, don't be a dummy like me to stay up to play games and watch tv. SLEEP!

Back
Top Bottom