Official Nuggets @ Lakers 02/05/10 7:30 PST on ESPN Vol. Showdown

--Denver has been ballin and is slowly creepin up on us.
--Melo's game is just sick with it right now. The only thing I will knock on him about is his leadership. Thats it.
--If there's agame where Kobe needs to finally show up and trust his teammates in a well balanced attack, its this one.

--We owe them for the beating we took in Denver in November.
--Lets get it though. Lets GO LAKERS!!
pimp.gif

Lakers blow them out, specially if Melo is out. Lakers last game at denver is still fresh in everyones mind.

If Kobe's out too then this will be very dull compared to how it is being hyped if Melo and Kobe are playing. But if thats the case I would expect Denver to come out on top if Kobe doesnt play. And they still may come out on top if he does play. Should be a good game tho.

Hopefully both guys play, But Melo definitely doesnt look promising.

Melo probably not playing, therefore I hope Kobe is not playing

if melo isnt playing then kobe should rest too this case our guys can hopefully learn how NOT to depend on kobe too much

pound that ball inside with pau and drew

Without Kobe we should still be able to win. Frankly, I'm hoping Kobe will sit out at least a week, freshen up and let the finger go without punishment for a few nights.

Carmelo said after this morning's shootaround that he won't be playing tonight. (And that he's probably going to miss Denver's game tomorrow)

Freakin' Kobe, you are so hard headed.

I hope the guys can relieve him by stepping up on offense.

My dude Melo looking kind of soft by not playing Again, he on some I'm not even suiting up til I'm 100% type stuff. He must not understand the 50% of Melo is better that 120% Joey Gram

Originally Posted by devv

My dude Melo looking kind of soft by not playing Again, he on some I'm not even suiting up til I'm 100% type stuff. He must not understand the 50% of Melo is better that 120% Joey Gram
Why rush something and risk a potential season ending injury? We're playing pretty well without him. I'd rather he take his time and not rush back like he usually does.

I read something on ESPN saying that Kobe is trying to make a point in playing all 82 games. Apparently they think he is bitter that the contract extension is taking so long. He wants to show at 31 he is still tough and can last long in the league.

I am not sure if this is true or not but I do think Kobe always has tried to put his best out there every night no matter how good his best might be on any given night. I know those ankle injuries hurt bad, and I know they have staying power. The more you play on them the more prone you are to getting another sprain. I have done this many times and the only remedy is rest. So we will see how this shakes down for the rest of the year.

Originally Posted by r0yalty

Originally Posted by devv

Why rush something and risk a potential season ending injury? We're playing pretty well without him. I'd rather he take his time and not rush back like he usually does.
Yeah I understand that but chauncey out there playing with an ankle sprain, and Melo can play, coach karl said if it was a playoff game or it was late in the season he would have played. My thing is before the suns game he said it was 100 % chance he would play then he didnt play. All these game time decisions are driving me crazy. He said his first step slow that's why he aint playing. Thats crazy. These are 4 important games before the all star break

Carmelo Anthony went through a fullpractice today and said while he's made some progress he will wait toreturn until he is 100 percent.

"I'm still looking for my explosiveness," Anthony said. "My firststep is still a little slow. So until I get that back, until I'm 100percent, I'll be on the sideline cheering my team on."

Anthony has missed six straight games with a severely sprained leftankle. The Nuggets are 6-5 when he's not in the lineup. The Nuggetshave four games left before the all-star break against top-notchcompetition, starting Friday at the L.A. Lakers, and Anthony is hopingto be back for at least one.

"It's a test for us," he said. "Hopefully I'll be back for some ofthose games, but if I don't, if I can't play guys have to step up andbe ready."

The Nuggets play Saturday at Utah then return home for games Tuesdayagainst Dallas and Thursday versus San Antonio before the break, whichstarts Feb. 12. The Nuggets' first game after the break is Thursday,Feb. 18 at Cleveland.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14335496#ixzz0eht6ZLqw

Kobe needs to take like a week off so he can get ready for the second half of the season

Back
Top Bottom