OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

This year when Cam gets minimum of 20 minutes a game he puts 16ppg (he has a lot of games playing 8 minutes or so which dips his average); Thibs runs a tight rotation and Deuce isn’t really getting minutes/shots going with Burks/Quick/bring ball up by committee and Grimes been playing well. Unless Thibs decreases Fournier playing time; Cam be getting the same play in ny. Fournier only dominates Houston atl Boston otherwise his numbers are very pedestrian.

with kemba and rose out i dont see burks getting traded anytime soon... sure you got quick but hes great off the bench so why ruin that...dont see thibs giving mcbride the keys either

2018 McDonald’s All-American game
FI_0rP8WYAAYEyM

A healthy Zion at MSG is WORTH the wait. That Duke trio led by the technical skill of an RJ Barrett. Playing next to quite literally for lack of a better term an unstoppable force. Add in the Jack of all trades, master of none versatile wing who’s nuts haven’t begun to drop yet in the the league & that’s a problem the great Coach K believes in so I’ll get behind that thought process as well.

I can wait for Deuce to get the seasoning he needs to be trusted at the 1. Clearly Thibbs has directives and will have to play him eventually. IQ is not a point guard as much as a he loves that boy.

That trio + McBride is 80% complete. Get that **** done.

Zion on the Knicks won’t happen tomorrow. But if you’re NO u know 2 things; by this time next year it’s that decision making time & son BEEN watching that situation since before the domino fell from ATL.

I’m wanting this to happen sooner rather than late but there’s still the Randle/Thibbs logjam so that’ll have to handle itself 1st. Maybe Randle goes home to NO eventually. Maybe they like some other athletes on the Knicks like Toppin, Mitch, etc.

At their highest powers a starting 5 of Deuce, RJ, Cam, Zion & say Mitch or Sims should be able to destroy any team put in front of them. Current mob deep on the bench actually looks great either that lineup too.

Also no thanks to a trade unless they want Randle, Obi, IQ and like 3 FRPs.

If he really wants to come here he knows what to do.

my guess is zion never wanted to be there and just let himself go... it doesnt take away from the fact that hes injury prone though...but maybe the weight issues caused some of that i dont know...only way we will find out is next summer if zion only signs the qualifying offer

I wouldn’t say he’s injury prone. He got hurt twice and the length of the holdout is just making it seem worse than it is. For all we know, he doesn’t wanna play or their training staff just sucks. Like mentioned, if Joel can take off 3 years and become an all star, let Zion waste those years in NO and then ball out for us when his rookie deal is up.

Real talk..... Y'all not worried about his health?
And I'd love him here BTW

I’m worried about his weight more than his injuries. Most of his injuries have been bone related. Not ligament or tendon related. That Joel comparison weighing the risk/reward was spot on.

It’d be amazing to see what Zion could do in a place where he is happy. Pelicans are a finished franchise. He’s not even rehabbing with them. He’s in Portland at the Nike facilities. He really hates it there.

That's good

As much as I want to see him play tomorrow

Let him learn and understand what Thibs and the Knicks want form him

Back
Top Bottom