OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I think they want to finish off the season with current roster minus 1-2 players. Can’t see Randle getting move mid season.

Really think we should test the league for a FRP for Burks. Or package him with Noel somewhere.

Rose is giving Tom everything he wants to avoid a typical looking rebuild. This .500 play is really where the team was expecting to be this season but Randle’s magical season took them all the way to 4th seed.

If they’re still having stinkers between now & deadline though, it’s possible Leon forces Thibbs’ hand and does get rid of some of the vets. He’ll be left with the kids moving up the pecking order.

However, I don’t think Burks will be dealt.

I think they want to finish off the season with current roster minus 1-2 players. Can’t see Randle getting move mid season.

Really think we should test the league for a FRP for Burks. Or package him with Noel somewhere.

as much as i hate to agree, i don't see us moving Randle this season either. i'd be shocked if it happens. his trade value isn't that high right now anway. i'm on board with trading Burks. the backcourt is going to be hella crowded when Rose and Reddish can play.

^ the kings are talking with the pacers for fox and sabonis swap... hopefully it aint true

that trade works well for both teams tbh, so i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go through.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy watching this kid play? No floodarea floodarea , I’m talking strictly basketball. Floor general who’s floor is backup point guard which is where I’d prefer him to be. A lot can happen but it’d be great if the Knicks could have kept all of their 2021 draft picks longterm. I mean, that’s what all teams aspire to do or so I’d think.

So when I said this team was elite, I didn’t quite mean today. Or even tomorrow. They have a plan in place & damn near an entire rotation for Thibbs in a couple of seasons or less. They are elite right now in terms of front office. It all starts from there. So far, so good.

Not going to win consistently until it figures out who the man on the team is, but there’s time and free agency for that. And everyone sees how good this team of no stars is with consistent Broadway Barrett basketball so the jury is still out on 2nd youngest player on the team far as I’m concerned.

50 games into the 2nd year of a rebuild season, this squad is looking pretty much how they should. And who knows, maybe the vets I want to stay, including Burks, stay. There’s real deep connections on that bench. Expecting Tom to be here 4 years at least. He has his flaws but still one of the better coaches out there. Not just going to fire him unless there’s someone better available. He gets the best out of his players for sure and make damn sure NY is getting his best as well.

Knox never stood a chance though coming fresh in. Gotta be a certain level of dawg out the gates. Maybe somewhere down the line. Like everyone else, he needs time. He is a professional shooter. I’m sure he’s capable of working those career percentages up. Always gonna be a place in the league for that. And he’ll always have his Knicks moment on Ben Simmons.

We have a bunch of talent for the first time in a long time (especially the young guns) but thibbs loves his 8 man rotations, 40+ mins. So it’s really diffult for them to get any consistency on the floor.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy watching this kid play? No floodarea floodarea , I’m talking strictly basketball. Floor general who’s floor is backup point guard which is where I’d prefer him to be. A lot can happen but it’d be great if the Knicks could have kept all of their 2021 draft picks longterm. I mean, that’s what all teams aspire to do or so I’d think.

So when I said this team was elite, I didn’t quite mean today. Or even tomorrow. They have a plan in place & damn near an entire rotation for Thibbs in a couple of seasons or less. They are elite right now in terms of front office. It all starts from there. So far, so good.

Not going to win consistently until it figures out who the man on the team is, but there’s time and free agency for that. And everyone sees how good this team of no stars is with consistent Broadway Barrett basketball so the jury is still out on 2nd youngest player on the team far as I’m concerned.

50 games into the 2nd year of a rebuild season, this squad is looking pretty much how they should. And who knows, maybe the vets I want to stay, including Burks, stay. There’s real deep connections on that bench. Expecting Tom to be here 4 years at least. He has his flaws but still one of the better coaches out there. Not just going to fire him unless there’s someone better available. He gets the best out of his players for sure and make damn sure NY is getting his best as well.

Knox never stood a chance though coming fresh in. Gotta be a certain level of dawg out the gates. Maybe somewhere down the line. Like everyone else, he needs time. He is a professional shooter. I’m sure he’s capable of working those career percentages up. Always gonna be a place in the league for that. And he’ll always have his Knicks moment on Ben Simmons.

On the low the FO is definitely building towards something. I think it’s to chase a star in FA after all the vets come off the books in 2024. Which is great too because it gives the kids a chance to develop competitively and if not get moved for another asset.

I don’t think they are going to make a win now move the rest of the year. I don’t think Thibs is even remotely on the firing line. I also don’t think they will trade Randle when they are paying him like a third/second option because if everything goes right when they are done, that is exactly what he will be.

Leon has seen how teams have won as a agent and hired a guy who was a key part of Cleveland getting a championship…. Aller was the dude who convinced the Cavs to trade for JR smith and Shumpert for two 2nd round picks, now the Knicks got Cam Reddish for Knox and a protected first. If Obi ain’t playing he is probably next to get moved as an asset. Either step out or get shipped out.

As crazy as it sounds, we should have faith in the FO

We have a bunch of talent for the first time in a long time (especially the young guns) but thibbs loves his 8 man rotations, 40+ mins. So it’s really diffult for them to get any consistency on the floor.

This is the problem. Team is talented, but is being used poorly. Zero plays are ran for our shooters. Its all isos, drive and kicks with people that cant really drive, and high picks.

Thats on the coach.

On the low the FO is definitely building towards something. I think it’s to chase a star in FA after all the vets come off the books in 2024. Which is great too because it gives the kids a chance to develop competitively and if not get moved for another asset.

I don’t think they are going to make a win now move the rest of the year. I don’t think Thibs is even remotely on the firing line. I also don’t think they will trade Randle when they are paying him like a third/second option because if everything goes right when they are done, that is exactly what he will be.

Leon has seen how teams have won as a agent and hired a guy who was a key part of Cleveland getting a championship…. Aller was the dude who convinced the Cavs to trade for JR smith and Shumpert for two 2nd round picks, now the Knicks got Cam Reddish for Knox and a protected first. If Obi ain’t playing he is probably next to get moved as an asset. Either step out or get shipped out.

As crazy as it sounds, we should have faith in the FO
Hmmmmm ...

Ok

^ exactly... lets say we get fox and trade randle for him... you cant just put obi in there an assume its all good... randle is a walking double double...i rather trade noel and burks and see what we can get... they can throw in quickley or obi too

Fox RJ and Grimes could be a legit backcourt. I could see us actually getting a forward to sign with us to play with that core easily.

Back
Top Bottom