OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I'm certain Pistons would take a Randle for Grant swap.

It may or may not make us better, but at least you know we're getting defense and effort.

I'm certain Pistons would take a Randle for Grant swap.
It may or may not make us better, but at least you know we're getting defense and effort.

Why in the hell would the Pistons man? They’re a young team with a bright new star who are in tank mode. Why in the hell would they want Julius Randle? :lol:

Everyone in the NBA knows this dude man. Every GM. No one wants Julius in year 1 of a fat brand new contract.

Nah there's a team out there. There's always someone out there. Contract isnt horrendous.

He's just a mentally soft, non leading type player. Needs to go to a team where fans dont show up in the stands.

He's not being held accountable here and now we're paying for his fines every post game when he doesnt show up for the media? There's gotta be something going on behind that scenes.

Nah there's a team out there. There's always someone out there.

1643257524979.gif

Man I’m out for tonight.

Goodnight. :lol:

No way you can defend Randle anymore if there was anyone left on his side. Dude holds this team back so bad

there are folks on twitter that think Randle just needs a PG and he'll be great again

remember when yall torched me for saying we should trade Randle for Wall...at least we'd only have to suffer through 1 more year of that cap hit vs having to watch Randle for the next 4 years. dude is a cancer to this team's chemistry and development.

14 days away from trade deadline (2/10)

1/28 - @ MIL
1/31 - SAC
2/2 - MEM
2/5 - @ LAL
2/7 - @ UTA
2/8 - @ DEN
2/10 - @ GSW
2/12 - @ POR

You guys keep putting all the blame on Randle, but I say is just as much if not more Thibs fault.

Clearly Thibs want to content and not waste his time mentoring and developing the youth.

As noted in late December, some Knicks players felt that the decision to bench Kemba Walker revealed an inconsistency in decision-making from Tom Thibodeau and his coaching staff. Those players felt that the entire team wasn’t held to a consistent standard.

That feeling lingered in the weeks after the decision, per people familiar with the situation. At the time, those people noted the chemistry/connectivity between players and Thibodeau/his staff wasn’t as strong as it had been last season.

They both have some serious flaws.

Thibs doesn’t hold Randle accountable at all. Has all the power in his hands to give him 5-8 minutes less a game, but chooses not to for w.e reason. Zero in game management. All the flaws were magnified in the playoffs. He rather drill the same point, even if he’s wrong, than try something else.

Randle sucks on the ball, sucks off the ball, just a bad basketball player and his body language sucks the life out of a young team.

Need to make something out of these Kings rumors.

it’s only so many times everyone in this thread can keep pointing out the same exact problems

crazy how it’s been the same issues from day one with zero progress

i can’t remember ever being this dejected from a knick team in my life

and i don’t wanna hear nothin about “well we’ve had 17 wins seasons recently so you shouldn’t be- blah blah blah”

that argument is so trash
we rightfully had expectations this season to if not improve, at the very least maintain a playoff showing and we’ve completely fell flat

**** sucks

and i don’t wanna hear nothin about “well we’ve had 17 wins seasons recently so you shouldn’t be- blah blah blah”

I was on this at the start of the season. I at least wanted to give the team some time to gel after an encouraging offseason & preseason games.

Now, man. It's one thing to be a bad team. It's another thing to not try.

Exactly. Also the vast majority knew we probably wouldn’t have a better record, but would have a better product on the floor. Our numbers were really better across the board with Elfrid Payton. That’s sad.

Randle is simply a low iq basketball player. Cannot and should not be asked to initiate any offense but last year’s outlier still has Thibbs in a trance.

I’ll only be happy with a Sabonis swap. Send them 3 players if necessary to facilitate the trade & create more space. Sacktown not getting rid of Haliburton anytime soon.

No one expected Julius to put up close to what he did last year (if Julius didn’t do what he did last year we probably would’ve been a 500 team last year or worse) but everyone expected Evan and Kemba to be Major upgrades over Elf and Reggie. Most of the blame for the season not going as expected needs to fall on Kemba and Fournier.

We literally spent close to a 100 mil on Kemba and Fournier contracts plus 60 mil on Burks and Noel and they have practically gave us nothing for it. Anyone of our guards and Sims or Taj on the bench can produce what they are producing.

Back
Top Bottom