OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

randle literally never takes the open looks but will throw up a prayer 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 without a second thought

make it make sense
You can tell in the off-season, he only practices difficult shots off the dribble. That's why he takes so many ridiculous attempts. His game is so much better when he lets the guard set him up and he just gets into position and takes the open shot

Remove all context.

If a month ago I said we'd start this season winning 7 of our first 11 games including wins over the Celtics, Bulls, Sixers x2, & Bucks, you'd sign up for that, right?

But then losing to the Cavs, Magic, Raptors and Pacers make you think otherwise.

A Philly friend sent me this tweet

😭

A win is a win
369F26EB-2BB2-4DDF-AF2B-CD62D80CA1F3.gif

Y’all mad when we win and lose. Hilarious

I don't know any other place where people criticize the team after a win :lol:

Also, I've never heard anyone harping for Thibbs to let McBride and Grimes play. They're obviously not showing him something in practice for him not to play them. Thibbs is notoriously known to not play rookies, which is very old-school IMO, but he does play his guys when they show him something. Look at IQ last season.

Speaking of IQ, he seems to have found his bearings this season, or at the least, have started to find it.

I don't know any other place where people criticize the team after a win :lol:

Also, I've never heard anyone harping for Thibbs to let McBride and Grimes play. They're obviously not showing him something in practice for him not to play them. Thibbs is notoriously known to not play rookies, which is very old-school IMO, but he does play his guys when they show him something. Look at IQ last season.

Speaking of IQ, he seems to have found his bearings this season, or at the least, have started to find it.
Just saying ....

**** a practice and look at a game. What's hos excuse for yanking dudes that are hot?

What's his reason for the 4 to 5 minutes Obi got when he was doing well?

Come on.

Remove all context.

If a month ago I said we'd start this season winning 7 of our first 11 games including wins over the Celtics, Bulls, Sixers x2, & Bucks, you'd sign up for that, right?
Also we are not a championship roster right now so idk what people are expecting. Yeah there are some lingering issues (Randle’s inconsistency in key moments is elephant in the room) but the team is playing well and is fun to watch.

With Obi's improvement, it's inexcusable that he's not playing 20 minutes a game.
Completely agree, he brings a valuable change of pace with his energy and the ball in his hands on the break. He deserves more pt.

With Obi's improvement, it's inexcusable that he's not playing 20 minutes a game.
Dude got 9 minutes and was contributing on both defensive and Offense. Yet he got 9 minutes ... Thibs was high yesterday man. He also sent Simms by mistake.

This team has a ceiling. We're an offensive team that can beat anyone when the 3 is falling. We're also a team that can lose to anyone.

We gotta go after Donovan Mitchell. Idk how we get him, but if we keep the core and get him, I think that puts us in that conversation of a ECF/contender.

Beal, Harden, Lavine all unrestricted next offseason, thus far. A trade for any star will not keep core intact

absolutely NO to Harden. we already have one lefty that likes to hold the ball and take contested game winners in the 2nd quarter. we don't need another. highly doubt Lavine leaves. been wanting Beal for a while, but tbh idk if Randle is willing to be the 2nd or 3rd option. a sign and trade involving Beal and Trez for Randle, Burks, and whatever would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom