:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Yeah, punk *%% BOD
laugh.gif
small world

You are getting a nice QB in Campbell....a MAJOR upgrade at the QB spot over who you currently have. He's a class act and will bust his *%% in learning the playbook and other nuances of the offense. I hope he thrives in Oakland...I really do. He didn't get a fair shake of things in DC, and deserved better.

Oakland Raiders ready to cut Russell

jamarcus-russell.jpg

NEW YORK – JaMarcus Russell may be finally on the way out. Sources close to SBReport.net have indicated that the former number one overall choice in the 2007 draft will be cut.

After lackluster efforts every season since he’s been drafted, a poor work ethic and an uninspiring disposition, the Raiders are realizing that the time is now to cut ties with the dormant passer. The acquisition of Jason Campbell and fiery play of Bruce Gradkowski have convinced the Raiders to let those two signal callers go at it for the starting spot in 2010.

Russell, who signed a six-year contract out of college, worth up to $68 million with $31.5 million in guarantees, held out before landing the mega-deal and has been the ire of Oakland’s fan-base.

Prior to being drafted, Russell had already hinted at his intentions in landing a big deal and milking the most out of his status stating, “As far as the swoosh, I was thinking it can be a little eye catcher to Nike,

great draft so far. also excited for campbell to come in and win that starting job.

we addressed our needs in the draft for once, feels damn good
pimp.gif

Campbell is garbage. C'mon Al. I'll take him as a backup, nothing more. He is definitely not an upgrade over Gradkowski.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

First I get into UCLA, now Russell is gone...

life is still worth living after all.
congrats
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

and even though im a big fan of gradkowski,    campbell > grad

and is the release of jamarcus confirmed yet?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Campbell is garbage. C'mon Al. I'll take him as a backup, nothing more. He is definitely not an upgrade over Gradkowski.

i like Grad to but Campbell is a definite upgrade. he always confused me in Washinton, real inconsistent but so was there line.

The best and worst of the 2010 draft

Oakland Raiders
: And we're not even grading on a curve! Giving up Kirk Morrison(notes) for a Ziploc bag and a couple of Kit Kat bars was a bad move, but it was totally mitigated by getting Jason Campbell(notes) for a fourth-round pick ... in 2012! And instead of grabbing athletic freaks with limited football skills, Oakland addressed needs in its interior run defense, and took the projects later on. This is the kind of draft that could make the Raiders an upset special, if not a competitive team, in the short term. All we want to know is, who locked Al Davis in a closet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...st-and-worst-of-the-2010-draft?urn=nfl,236463

Great draft imo but I'm bummed we let Kirk go.
Aren't we running a 3-4? Who'd be the other inside backer?

Two goals to make this great offseason immensely better

- Release Jamarcus

- Sign Faneca

Let's gooooo

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by calikev34

- Release Jamarcus

- Sign Faneca

Let's gooooo

pimp.gif
I thought we were going to run the 3-4 once we signed kamerion then drafted Rolando but we cut kirk so I think we are staying with the 4-3, howard,Rolando and Wimbley

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

Originally Posted by calikev34

- Release Jamarcus

- Sign Faneca

Let's gooooo

pimp.gif
I thought we were going to run the 3-4 once we signed kamerion then drafted Rolando but we cut kirk so I think we are staying with the 4-3, howard,Rolando and Wimbley

Our defensive coordinator, John Marshall, ran a lot of 4-3 under in Seattle so it makes sense to get bigger backers or smaller DE's
such as Quentin Groves.

I just hope these young guys can gel on both offense and defense. Bringing in a veteran like Faneca on the line would be HUGE.
I really think that would do wonders for our offense. Question tho, does he play LG or RG? I'd hate to have to move Gallery yet again.

And then cutting a bad influence like Russell. Sends a message of hope to the rest of the team. I'll never forget how the team straight
quit on Jamarcus when he had to come into games. Everybody just knew they lost.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by AG 47

Yeah, punk *%% BOD
laugh.gif
small world
do any of you know the grouch?
laugh.gif

i'm not really a fan and i've never met him personally but i got boys from hs who have smoked blunts with him and chopped it up after shows
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by AG 47

Yeah, punk *%% BOD
laugh.gif
small world
do any of you know the grouch?
laugh.gif
i'm not really a fan and i've never met him personally but i got boys from hs who have smoked blunts with him and chopped it up after shows
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
That's $*+!@%% dope.

Wait ag 47 and ham city are you the same perosn?

Originally Posted by ZOOBOY9800

eek.gif
roll.gif

now this is just strange/ironic/comedy

BOD is on the 9800 block of Stearns ave in east oakland, right next to the oakland zoo. me and my boys used to refer to ourselves as the "zoo boys" back in high school.
laugh.gif

edit: milkandcookies nah we're not, we graduated a couple years apart

Back
Top Bottom