*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

Originally Posted by MR FREEZE

Originally Posted by Benihana

I'm a Wolf Gang fan but this album is already overrated and it aint even officially released yet 
laugh.gif

Every song from Tyler seems long winded. Just ramblings with no direction or foundation. I'm not an old head (only 21) but this seems like some stuff high schoolers would rock too. Every song basically sounds the same. Once the whole "shock" of "wow did he just say that? Him cursing a lot is so cool." wears off, and you listen to his lyrics...dude is basic and trying a little too hard. I just want to look at Tyler, give him a pat on the back and say, "yeah bro, I remember my first curse word."

Earl needs to hurry up with his vacation.

-The Juice
What were you expecting slim shady lp?
Considering I have NEVER once compared Tyler to Eminem, and considering I find SSLP to STILL be a classic...No, I wasn't expecting that. I didn't expect anything for this album, I went in with a clear mind. I listened to it, then I listened to it again, there really isn't much there. I respect their hustle definitely, but Frank, Syd, and Earl seem like the only people from that group that can actually have a solid career (IMO). People are going to get tired of Tyler and his character.

It's cool to be able to be semi-famous and say whatever you want, it's dope that he made it into the game with zero restrictions on his music. Thats a dream that a lot of rappers would love to have. But it's also cool to be a real person for once and not an aassclown all the time. Not everything you do has to be turned into a Thurnis Haley sketch.

-The Juice

I'm a Wolf Gang fan but this album is already overrated and it aint even officially released yet 
laugh.gif

Every song from Tyler seems long winded. Just ramblings with no direction or foundation. I'm not an old head (only 21) but this seems like some stuff high schoolers would rock too. Every song basically sounds the same. Once the whole "shock" of "wow did he just say that? Him cursing a lot is so cool." wears off, and you listen to his lyrics...dude is basic and trying a little too hard. I just want to look at Tyler, give him a pat on the back and say, "yeah bro, I remember my first curse word."

-The Juice
Considering I have NEVER once compared Tyler to Eminem, and considering I find SSLP to STILL be a classic...No, I wasn't expecting that. I didn't expect anything for this album, I went in with a clear mind. I listened to it, then I listened to it again, there really isn't much there. I respect their hustle definitely, but Frank, Syd, and Earl seem like the only people from that group that can actually have a solid career (IMO). People are going to get tired of Tyler and his character.

It's cool to be able to be semi-famous and say whatever you want, it's dope that he made it into the game with zero restrictions on his music. Thats a dream that a lot of rappers would love to have. But it's also cool to be a real person for once and not an aassclown all the time. Not everything you do has to be turned into a Thurnis Haley sketch.

-The Juice

laugh.gif

-The Juice

-The Juice
Exactly

I`m a 22 year old male from Atlanta, GA. This music does not appeal to me what so ever, and outside of the tracks Frank Ocean were on, all that junk sounds the same. Idk like the Album lacks a soul if that makes sense. It's not even that dude is on some other stuff, but Albums with Souls are albums you can bump repeat for years, this album was just empty to me. And honestly lyrically this dude is like on the same tip as Waka Flocka and them, just he doesnt have a southern accent and can pronounce   his words.

laugh.gif

-The Juice

-The Juice
Exactly

I`m a 22 year old male from Atlanta, GA. This music does not appeal to me what so ever, and outside of the tracks Frank Ocean were on, all that junk sounds the same. Idk like the Album lacks a soul if that makes sense. It's not even that dude is on some other stuff, but Albums with Souls are albums you can bump repeat for years, this album was just empty to me. And honestly lyrically this dude is like on the same tip as Waka Flocka and them, just he doesnt have a southern accent and can pronounce   his words.

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

best "new" +!%! i've heard since i first heard kendrick lamar.

!%+%$@ sleepin on Tyler's Mic Skills.
He REALLY is nice as hell

I have no problem w/ the content. If I can listen to +%*$#* talking about killing each other and pretending to be mob bosses I can listen to this.

Sonically...this album is just on another level. You can really hear Pharrell and Chad's influence.

for example?

what bars stood out to you?

I'm really not going to turn my ipod to find some bars for you. But his wordplay, cadence and syntax are all pretty impressive TO ME. I don't give a #%%+ WHAT he's rapping about...but how he's saying is pretty impressive.

!%+%$@ sleepin on Tyler's Mic Skills.

I have no problem w/ the content. If I can listen to +%*$#* talking about killing each other and pretending to be mob bosses I can listen to this.

Sonically...this album is just on another level. You can really hear Pharrell and Chad's influence.

for example?

I'm really not going to turn my ipod to find some bars for you. But his wordplay, cadence and syntax are all pretty impressive TO ME. I don't give a #%%+ WHAT he's rapping about...but how he's saying is pretty impressive.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

++%!@! sleepin on Tyler's Mic Skills.

for example?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

++%!@! sleepin on Tyler's Mic Skills.

for example?

Just listened to goblin....Damn man....

You guys serious? Not just you all on NT, but the rest of the hip-hop community, y'all serious? This is the next best guy in line for hip-hop? So we cursing up storms and making up some wild stories and sprinkling it with a bunch of I hate god slurs, and we call this hip-hop????

This is what people around me have been gassing up?.....

I swear i'm not trying to start anything with any of my fellow N'ters, just stating my opinion and view. But my god (no pun intended), y'all can't be serious....
I will say that "Golden" is a very nice track to me imo 

You guys serious? Not just you all on NT, but the rest of the hip-hop community, y'all serious? This is the next best guy in line for hip-hop? So we cursing up storms and making up some wild stories and sprinkling it with a bunch of I hate god slurs, and we call this hip-hop????

I swear i'm not trying to start anything with any of my fellow N'ters, just stating my opinion and view. But my god (no pun intended), y'all can't be serious....
I will say that "Golden" is a very nice track to me imo 

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Like I said only tracks I found tolerable was the Frank Ocean tracks.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Like I said only tracks I found tolerable was the Frank Ocean tracks.

i'm not too big an OF fan but i thought the album was pretty nice...he actually toned down the whole rapist/murder thing alot so i don't get why that is getting alot of peoples panties in a bunch...that's actually the main reason i didn't %%+$ with them at first, but i got pst that...Goblin (the intro) is pretty amazing...if you can't see his skills in that then you're just hating...other standouts were Radical (the end 
pimp.gif
), Her, Fish, Analog, AU79, Golden, and Burger...some tracks were just trash...his production is ill, as usual...i do agree that his subject matter can expand some...he makes a Rihanna/Chris Brown reference like 5 times on this album and has made them a couple of times before...it's kinda tired...i guess we'll just see how the replay value is on it

i'm not too big an OF fan but i thought the album was pretty nice...he actually toned down the whole rapist/murder thing alot so i don't get why that is getting alot of peoples panties in a bunch...that's actually the main reason i didn't %%+$ with them at first, but i got pst that...Goblin (the intro) is pretty amazing...if you can't see his skills in that then you're just hating...other standouts were Radical (the end 
pimp.gif
), Her, Fish, Analog, AU79, Golden, and Burger...some tracks were just trash...his production is ill, as usual...i do agree that his subject matter can expand some...he makes a Rihanna/Chris Brown reference like 5 times on this album and has made them a couple of times before...it's kinda tired...i guess we'll just see how the replay value is on it

Just cancelled my preorder if I don't mess with this joint after today my guy ain't gonna get that cop

This *##% is hard...!+%% what I said before
pimp.gif

Just cancelled my preorder if I don't mess with this joint after today my guy ain't gonna get that cop

This *##% is hard...!+%% what I said before
pimp.gif

Wait, you guys really think theyre gonna do well in album sales?

All those shows they been selling out was off hype, I can respect that but when album time comes and its a dissapointment what happends after that?

These low budget videos aint geting you anywhere either.

Wait, you guys really think theyre gonna do well in album sales?

All those shows they been selling out was off hype, I can respect that but when album time comes and its a dissapointment what happends after that?

These low budget videos aint geting you anywhere either.

lmao... I've been to a good # of shows before and the OF show I went to in Feb is in my top 3.

So much energy it was crazy, that's what really won me over.

They make great music, I've been spinning this %%+* all day.
If you're not in the topics that's understandable, but this is a great album and he's only going to get better.

I wish I could hear Earl over these beats tho

Back
Top Bottom