Official PC thread.

I need to make a backup image of my computer.  My HD is making a weird noise and I have a feeling it will die soon.  Anyone have any recommendations on which software to use that you've tried?

I need to make a backup image of my computer.  My HD is making a weird noise and I have a feeling it will die soon.  Anyone have any recommendations on which software to use that you've tried?

Originally Posted by patent leather

cloud storage 

Originally Posted by patent leather

cloud storage 

did another benchmark and results are much better, but still can't boot consistently and having BSODs after I do System Restores.
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif

33yn8lt.png

did another benchmark and results are much better, but still can't boot consistently and having BSODs after I do System Restores.
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif

33yn8lt.png

nice m4 u got there
crucial recently released a a new firmware that deals with bsod issues and the 5000 bug
try updating, maybe that would help.

nice m4 u got there
crucial recently released a a new firmware that deals with bsod issues and the 5000 bug

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

nice m4 u got there
I bought my M4 128GB from Amazon about a week ago. A sticker on the drive says it's "Updated to Firmware 0309" already (which is the latest one). I didn't have issues with the drive the other day, though, when the SATA port was in IDE mode, albeit with a drop off in performance (?; see the other benchmark I posted a couple of pages back). The latest NVIDIA WHQL driver worked without a hitch, too.

Just did a fresh install Windows 7 in AHCI mode, and now this is happening.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

nice m4 u got there
I bought my M4 128GB from Amazon about a week ago. A sticker on the drive says it's "Updated to Firmware 0309" already (which is the latest one). I didn't have issues with the drive the other day, though, when the SATA port was in IDE mode, albeit with a drop off in performance (?; see the other benchmark I posted a couple of pages back). The latest NVIDIA WHQL driver worked without a hitch, too.

Just did a fresh install Windows 7 in AHCI mode, and now this is happening.
eyes.gif

Okay. After a whole afternoon/early evening of trying to figure out what's wrong... we've finally figured out what happened. This. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif

528982049.jpg

Forgot I had two monitors hooked up to my GPU. It was working all along IN MULTIPLE DISPLAY MODE.  $#@$. 3242423234 System Restores and fresh installs of Windows 7 after, too.

"Users" folder back in drive C, though. (I'm the only user on this PC, so it's all good).

NVIDIA drivers still are ok. Sorry fellas. 
laugh.gif

Okay. After a whole afternoon/early evening of trying to figure out what's wrong... we've finally figured out what happened. This. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif

528982049.jpg

Forgot I had two monitors hooked up to my GPU. It was working all along IN MULTIPLE DISPLAY MODE.  $#@$. 3242423234 System Restores and fresh installs of Windows 7 after, too.

"Users" folder back in drive C, though. (I'm the only user on this PC, so it's all good).

NVIDIA drivers still are ok. Sorry fellas. 
laugh.gif

i killed something in one of my desktops

was $!*++$@ around and now it wont boot to bios but will power on, so i assume it isn the powersupply. the light is on the mobo maybe i need to clear cmos

i killed something in one of my desktops

was $!*++$@ around and now it wont boot to bios but will power on, so i assume it isn the powersupply. the light is on the mobo maybe i need to clear cmos

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Any beeps?

you mean like the start up beep? it usually will give a little system beep when it boots but now when i turn it on im just getting the fans(heatsink and case) to turn on and power to the dvd drive

i still see the light on in the mobo tho

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Any beeps?

you mean like the start up beep? it usually will give a little system beep when it boots but now when i turn it on im just getting the fans(heatsink and case) to turn on and power to the dvd drive

i still see the light on in the mobo tho

Yeah start up beep.
When helping my boy with his build, everything would power on, all fans and ligths and everything but it wouldn't post, and weren't getting any beeps.
We just sent back the Mobo. Didn't think to clear cmos though

Back
Top Bottom