Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

battery life will be crappy.

but these laptops are really seeing as desktop replacements. so, it'll most likely always be plugged in. so, take that into consideration if you're looking at it.

looking to buy a laptop by the end of may.  not looking to replace my desktop but i do want something that will last a long time. still using my sony vaio desktop from like 06

unless the Macbook gets hdmi and/or bluray im gonna have to look to get a win7 laptop
how are alienware? i see those are popular and you get what you pay for.
nerd.gif

1000-2000$ range....

but these laptops are really seeing as desktop replacements. so, it'll most likely always be plugged in. so, take that into consideration if you're looking at it.

looking to buy a laptop by the end of may.  not looking to replace my desktop but i do want something that will last a long time. still using my sony vaio desktop from like 06

unless the Macbook gets hdmi and/or bluray im gonna have to look to get a win7 laptop
nerd.gif

1000-2000$ range....

gaming pcs are most likely going to be desktop replacements.

well, not the mx11, but im guessing you're looking at getting a laptop bigger than 11.6 inches right?

look at some Asus laptops, they're a good value.

Originally Posted by philly035

any good deals on lian li computer cases? or any deals on good cases in general? Thinking about building a sandy bridge desktop with the current microcenter deal going on, and need a nice looking case. this one looks beautiful. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1146-page1.html

what are you looking for specifically? mid or full tower? water or air cooling? also, take into consideration how big GPUs are getting.

well, not the mx11, but im guessing you're looking at getting a laptop bigger than 11.6 inches right?

any good deals on lian li computer cases? or any deals on good cases in general? Thinking about building a sandy bridge desktop with the current microcenter deal going on, and need a nice looking case. this one looks beautiful. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1146-page1.html

what are you looking for specifically? mid or full tower? water or air cooling? also, take into consideration how big GPUs are getting.

Pretty much

Pretty much

air cooling. Don't want to touch water cooling - just looking for something nice looking with great quality. I was addicted to diablo II back in HS, and with the rumors of a d3 coming this winter I want to be prepared to have no life again
glasses.gif
. Whether it comes out this year or not there is also a bunch of good games being released that I'd like to get. My x2 3800+ isn't cutting it anymore.

Mid tower would do fine, but I would not mind a full tower PC. Maybe take it to lan once every 6 months so i don't care about portability.

air cooling. Don't want to touch water cooling - just looking for something nice looking with great quality. I was addicted to diablo II back in HS, and with the rumors of a d3 coming this winter I want to be prepared to have no life again
glasses.gif
. Whether it comes out this year or not there is also a bunch of good games being released that I'd like to get. My x2 3800+ isn't cutting it anymore.

Mid tower would do fine, but I would not mind a full tower PC. Maybe take it to lan once every 6 months so i don't care about portability.

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

nerd.gif

1000-2000$ range....
Only computer I can think of offhand that has a Blu-Ray and HDMI with decent battery life is the Sony Z Series. Probably the best 13" laptop on the market. Only other alternative is to wait for Mac to start using Blu-Ray and HDMI. They already have HDMI in the Mac Mini, so they may include them in the next wave of Macbook Pro's.

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

nerd.gif

1000-2000$ range....
Only computer I can think of offhand that has a Blu-Ray and HDMI with decent battery life is the Sony Z Series. Probably the best 13" laptop on the market. Only other alternative is to wait for Mac to start using Blu-Ray and HDMI. They already have HDMI in the Mac Mini, so they may include them in the next wave of Macbook Pro's.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

HP Envy 17 3D Edition
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-840QM Quad Core processor (1.86GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5850 Graphics [HDMI]
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• No Additional Office Software
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 2.25 hours of battery life +++
• 17.3" diagonal Full HD HP 3D Ultra BrightView Infinity LED Display (1920x1080)
• Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam
• Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
• Backlit Keyboard
• Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) Elements 8 & Adobe Premiere(R) Elements 8
• HP 3D Active Shutter Glasses
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

This is what I have... amd I love it

then why do you have intel? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

HP Envy 17 3D Edition
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-840QM Quad Core processor (1.86GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5850 Graphics [HDMI]
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• No Additional Office Software
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 2.25 hours of battery life +++
• 17.3" diagonal Full HD HP 3D Ultra BrightView Infinity LED Display (1920x1080)
• Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam
• Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
• Backlit Keyboard
• Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) Elements 8 & Adobe Premiere(R) Elements 8
• HP 3D Active Shutter Glasses
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

This is what I have... amd I love it

then why do you have intel? 
grin.gif

glasses.gif

HAF series are great for air cooling. they have both mid and full. (912, 922, 932, haf x)
corsair 600t

glasses.gif

HAF series are great for air cooling. they have both mid and full. (912, 922, 932, haf x)
corsair 600t

Finally got my 13" light-weight portable laptop I've been searching for, too hard to pass up from slickdeals.net
Price was 497$ from J & R.com, sold out dumb quick. Did a local store pick up next day, love it, and its only 3.7 lbs.

I'll keep it until I buy a new Sony Z laptop sometime next year.
pimp.gif

[h3]Product Features[/h3]
  • Intel SU7300 Core 2 Duo 1.3GHz Processor
  • 4GB of DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM), No Optical Drive
  • NVidia G210M Graphics with 512MB DDR3 + Intel GMA 4500MHD (Switchable VGA); Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
  • 13.3-Inch Widescreen HD LED LCD Display; Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn; Bluetooth; 0.3M Webcam
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
  • Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • RAM Type: DDR3 SDRAM
  • Memory Slots: 2
Hard Drive
  • Size: 500 GB
  • Type: Serial ATA
  • Speed: 5400 rpm
Cases and Expandability
  • Size (LWH): 12.9 inches, 9.28 inches, 0.98 inches
  • Weight: 3.74 pounds
Power
  • Rated Charge (normal use): 12 hours
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] will eventually replace the HDD with an SSD on my own to improve performance, the video card alone is
pimp.gif
[/font]

Finally got my 13" light-weight portable laptop I've been searching for, too hard to pass up from slickdeals.net
Price was 497$ from J & R.com, sold out dumb quick. Did a local store pick up next day, love it, and its only 3.7 lbs.

I'll keep it until I buy a new Sony Z laptop sometime next year.
pimp.gif

[h3]Product Features[/h3]
  • Intel SU7300 Core 2 Duo 1.3GHz Processor
  • 4GB of DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM), No Optical Drive
  • NVidia G210M Graphics with 512MB DDR3 + Intel GMA 4500MHD (Switchable VGA); Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
  • 13.3-Inch Widescreen HD LED LCD Display; Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn; Bluetooth; 0.3M Webcam
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
  • Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • RAM Type: DDR3 SDRAM
  • Memory Slots: 2
Hard Drive
  • Size: 500 GB
  • Type: Serial ATA
  • Speed: 5400 rpm
Cases and Expandability
  • Size (LWH): 12.9 inches, 9.28 inches, 0.98 inches
  • Weight: 3.74 pounds
Power
  • Rated Charge (normal use): 12 hours
[/font]

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] will eventually replace the HDD with an SSD on my own to improve performance, the video card alone is
pimp.gif
[/font]

glasses.gif

check out the silverstone rv02. it cools great and it looks badass too.

Back
Top Bottom